General Chat

AVFCLaura

In a highly coincidental turn of events a/the co-defendent in the Lynch fraud case has also today been hit by a car and killed (according to sky news), I can’t say I followed the case at all but what are the chances of this happening?! One for the conspiracy folks methinks.

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In a highly coincidental turn of events a/the co-defendent in the Lynch fraud case has also today been hit by a car and killed (according to sky news), I can’t say I followed the case at all but what are the chances of this happening?! One for the conspiracy folks methinks.

The chances of that... Good grief!

15 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was just watching a programme where "Pop Tarts" were being eaten. I have to say, pop tarts are one of the most disgusting things my taste buds have ever had to endure. It was like eating plastic food. 

I'd recommend not watching the movie Unfrosted that came out earlier this year.

Not because it's about the invention of Pop Tarts, that's just a coincidence, don't watch it because it's absolutely awful.

• Haha 1

I see The  oil and gas industry are running the standard playbook saying that the proposed windfall tax from Labour will cause job losses. I don't think they've thought this through though. 

Labour are also investing heavily in green energy and most oil and gas jobs are easily transfered to green energy industries. Oil and Gas industry saying they'll have to make redundancies is like music to the ears of Green industry as they won't have trouble attracting employees. 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I see The  oil and gas industry are running the standard playbook saying that the proposed windfall tax from Labour will cause job losses. I don't think they've thought this through though. 

Labour are also investing heavily in green energy and most oil and gas jobs are easily transfered to green energy industries. Oil and Gas industry saying they'll have to make redundancies is like music to the ears of Green industry as they won't have trouble attracting employees. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

That terrible house fire in Bradford costing the lives of a mother and her three young children. Those poor kids. It's certainly looking like a case of arson. A man, whose critical in hospital, is currently under arrest for murder. 

On 19/08/2024 at 18:55, Lichfield Dean said:

A lot of question marks though. The guy who went missing is the Autonomy guy who was accused of over inflating the company's valuation by billions, and only recently was acquitted. Probably nothing untoward but it's certainly one for the conspiracy theorists!

Looks like the rear bathing platform was left in the down position and possibly a few more hatches as well, the escape hatch for the crew being one of them. The height if the mast led to the yacht being knocked over, with the hatches closed it would have stayed afloat, with them open, especially the bathing platform, the water flooded in. The crew, the skipper,  were heavily to blame, the storm was forecast. 

Went to a Garden Centre today. 

They had a big fenced off area where they proudly announced they were building their Christmas Display, and there was already a significant amount of Christmas stuff on sale including Christmas Jumpers, models and Christmas scenes, a few lights etc. 

I'm away to my summer holidays next week😂

I was going to fire up the Christmas 2024 thread but I couldn't handle the heat that would bring😁

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They had a big fenced off area where they proudly announced they were building their Christmas Display, and there was already a significant amount of Christmas stuff on sale including Christmas Jumpers, models and Christmas scenes, a few lights etc. 

I was going to fire up the Christmas 2024 thread but I couldn't handle the heat that would bring😁

Yule be sorry when someone beats you to it

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hope you have a good holly day.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I've noticed that question marks over the conviction of Lucy Letby seems to be garnering a lot of attention. As evidence goes, it doesn't compare to the question marks over Michael Stone's conviction imo. For me, that is  one of the worse travesty's of British Justice ever.

52 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I've noticed that question marks over the conviction of Lucy Letby seems to be garnering a lot of attention. As evidence goes, it doesn't compare to the question marks over Michael Stone's conviction imo. For me, that is  one of the worse travesty's of British Justice ever.

We haven't seen the Lucy Letby documentary yet. She'll be innocent once that's broadcast. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We haven't seen the Lucy Letby documentary yet. She'll be innocent once that's broadcast. 

Is she one of these Post Office cases?

:trollface:

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I spent a lot of time reading about human behaviour and our perceived opinions on 'criminals' based on things like their mugshots, the time of day they had their trial, words used in reporting on them and the stats around someone being perceived either guilty or innocent based on those things alone are incredible.

If you got a bad mugshot, a hungry barrister/judge/jury and someone, somewhere reported you as a monster without context - You're ****.

If you're the same person, but with a nice mugshot, a well rested barrister/judge/jury with a full belly, and nobody has read anything about you prior - You're in a much better position. 

I know nearly nothing about the Letby case, I've seen it in the news and I have an idea of what has/hasn't happened, but even if she's 100% innocent, she's gonna be vilified based on the reporting (including what she's been accused of, obviously) and images used for a very long time. Humans are simple creatures and we follow the path of easiest acceptance when we have murky facts in front of us.

16 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I spent a lot of time reading about human behaviour and our perceived opinions on 'criminals' based on things like their mugshots, the time of day they had their trial, words used in reporting on them and the stats around someone being perceived either guilty or innocent based on those things alone are incredible.

If you got a bad mugshot, a hungry barrister/judge/jury and someone, somewhere reported you as a monster without context - You're ****.

If you're the same person, but with a nice mugshot, a well rested barrister/judge/jury with a full belly, and nobody has read anything about you prior - You're in a much better position. 

I know nearly nothing about the Letby case, I've seen it in the news and I have an idea of what has/hasn't happened, but even if she's 100% innocent, she's gonna be vilified based on the reporting (including what she's been accused of, obviously) and images used for a very long time. Humans are simple creatures and we follow the path of easiest acceptance when we have murky facts in front of us.

You're preaching to the faithful there, Brother. I was in jail with many victims of miscarriages of justice. Broadwater  Farm 4, Birmingham 6. Not easy trying to convince people of your innocence, especially once you've been convicted. 

The Michael Stone case is just horrible all round. How he was ever convicted on the evidence offered by the prosecution beggars belief. However, I do think a part of it was it being such an horrific and emotional crime, that, the jury just didn't have the courage to separate the flimsy evidence from the tragic circumstances of the crime. I think they were truly frightened of letting, in their minds, the real culprit walk free. This is a man who has been incarcerated since 1996, and has refused parole for fear of it being Interpreted as an admission of guilt.

As for Lucy Letby, whether she is innocent or not, I guarantee she does at least 30 years before being exonerated, if she does happen to be innocent. The reason being, only the perpetrators themselves, in such cases, really, truly know if they are innocent or not, hence, the authorities satisfaction in getting some punishment administered. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â