General Chat

AVFCLaura

10 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

About an hour ago I did the most artful, spectacular parallel parking job in a tight spot on the street in front of a small craft brewery in downtown Sacramento. Fully expected to be met with a cheering throng and judges all holding cards for 10, but, alas, only crickets. At least my wife witnessed its majesty 🤣

There are streets in the UK where I reckon a world champion parallel parker will be found. Almost certainly Asian. 

I'm talking about roads like this. Parallel parking in these roads daily must be an art form 

52 Barrows Rd
https://maps.app.goo.gl/eMyXE8sm9txSjf8NA?g_st=ac

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There are streets in the UK where I reckon a world champion parallel parker will be found. Almost certainly Asian. 

I'm talking about roads like this. Parallel parking in these roads daily must be an art form 

52 Barrows Rd

I think I could do that. Years of parallel parking in San Francisco forced me to get good really quickly 😉

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

52 Barrows Rd

I lived in a one way victorian terrace street with no offroad parking, I can parallel park against the very best of them. I have parallel parked motorhomes and vans in it at times. 

• Like 1

I've lived all my life in a house with a drive. I can't parallel park for shit. I'll drive a mile before I have to try that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yep, them’s my roots, parallel parking knackered old cars in terraced streets. Morris Marina, VW Beetle, ‘68 Spitfire just parallel parked with the one palm of the hand waving magic on the steering wheel.

Got an automatic now, with sensors, and a camera, and auto braking. Oh, and a double garage. My parking ability has deteriorated somewhat.

• Like 1

Down the middle for me. 

Sometimes I do it first time with a couple of casual spins of the wheel; other times I get it so wrong that I give up after several attempts and drive off hoping nobody was watching. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've lived all my life in a house with a drive. I can't parallel park for shit. I'll drive a mile before I have to try that. 

Middle class humblebrag! ;)

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Middle class humblebrag! ;)

Middle Class? I didn't say how long the drive was 

spongebob-squarepants-spongebob.gif

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

52 Barrows Rd

Certain suburbs of Brum are more like this 

C6-Pybk-TWMAEWi-D.webp

1-Snapchat-216949706-censored-1.webp

Master parallel parking in a basic Land Rover Defender with a tow hook and you're good in just about anything.

In my experience LWB vans without sensors or cameras are way easier to park than a Defender.

Decided to go out for the day, original plan was West Kirby but the Wirral trains were all ballsed up. So decided to wait in town until the issue was resolved which was only about 3/4 hr and then decided to get on the first train that came, so Chester is where we ended up.

Let anyone in the city these days, not a deterrent bow and arrow in sight.

This rocket polisher was bald and playing country music. Outrageous the vermin they let in the city these days

IMG_1976.jpeg

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Decided to go out for the day, original plan was West Kirby but the Wirral trains were all ballsed up. So decided to wait in town until the issue was resolved which was only about 3/4 hr and then decided to get on the first train that came, so Chester is where we ended up.

Let anyone in the city these days, not a deterrent bow and arrow in sight.

This rocket polisher was bald and playing country music. Outrageous the vermin they let in the city these days

IMG_1976.jpeg

The thing is the one that got wrote off was exactly like that. These days it a few years newer. 
IMG-0978.jpg

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â