General Chat

AVFCLaura

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I refuse to use any restaurants that use the big delivery networks, it's a shit experience using them to get cold food delivered, incredibly exploitative, and it also helps ruin the atmosphere eating in at these places.

I get that the last point is not much of an issue with fast food, nobody is going to McDonalds for the ambience, but there are a couple of fairly nice restaurants I used to eat at regularly that are now rammed full with sweaty delivery riders barging through the place with those massive bags, we go elsewhere now.

When we order takeaway, our local curry house and chinese deliver themselves, always gets here piping hot, and they're regular employees who've been there for years, I feel much better about ordering directly with those guys.

Thats a good point. I do tend to notice the restaurants that do alot of these apps the "dining experience" has gone down hill.

So many places do it though now as its good money for them. Cant blame them really

25 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Of course, it's Uber, so screw them, but there is a legal definition of 'delivered'. They have their own definition that they tell you about, knowing that legally, it's unenforceable. They do it to discourage people pursing their rights. It's deceptive and abusive. 100% on brand for Uber.

Uber has to be one of the worst companies out there. Ive deleted both apps. Goodbye and good riddance

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

Looks like the remains of Jay Slater have been found. 

Says he slipped and hurt himself. I personally think he may stole something from the persons house he was at hence why he was in a  rush and left the opposite direction

Pure speculation but it dont make sense why he went the route he did

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I refuse to use any restaurants that use the big delivery networks, it's a shit experience using them to get cold food delivered, incredibly exploitative, and it also helps ruin the atmosphere eating in at these places.

I get that the last point is not much of an issue with fast food, nobody is going to McDonalds for the ambience, but there are a couple of fairly nice restaurants I used to eat at regularly that are now rammed full with sweaty delivery riders barging through the place with those massive bags, we go elsewhere now.

When we order takeaway, our local curry house and chinese deliver themselves, always gets here piping hot, and they're regular employees who've been there for years, I feel much better about ordering directly with those guys.

agree on this. if i'm using uber eats etc i'm doing so from dedicated take away establishments. mainly because i'm not paying restaurant prices (+ the various fees to uber) for food that stopped being restaurant quality the second it's loaded into a take away box

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Says he slipped and hurt himself. I personally think he may stole something from the persons house he was at hence why he was in a  rush and left the opposite direction

Pure speculation but it dont make sense why he went the route he did

suspect the simplest explanation is what happened.

he was pissed up, tried to walk home, didn't know the way, stumbled and fell

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

suspect the simplest explanation is what happened.

he was pissed up, tried to walk home, didn't know the way, stumbled and fell

Pissed up in the morning? That still dossnt explain why he walked opposite direction 

He left early morning and if you look at the witness statement he was rushing and acting very suspicious.  The guy he stayed with even offered to drop in town after he had "woken up" as it was early and he declined 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Pissed up in the morning?

You've never been on an all night bender? I think three days is my record :D 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

You've never been on an all night bender? I think three days is my record :D 

I have but ive never rejected a lift if i was in the middle of nowhere 😂

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have but ive never rejected a lift if i was in the middle of nowhere 😂

People say and do stupid things when they are pissed. Applying rationality in that situation is pointless :) 

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Pissed up in the morning? That still dossnt explain why he walked opposite direction 

He left early morning and if you look at the witness statement he was rushing and acting very suspicious.  The guy he stayed with even offered to drop in town after he had "woken up" as it was early and he declined 

i haven't followed it really to be fair...i just thought he left a party/festival/rave in the early hours

I went to Tenerife , same part as Jay Slayer when I was 20 for a lads holiday. 15 of us for two weeks . Getting in at 6-7 in the morning was the norm . I’ve heard stories he may have upset the wrong people on the island, which there are some nasty criminals but that sounds like fantasy.  He’s gone back to that apartment as we do when we are hammered and drugged up because we don’t want the night to end. Morning comes and he pissed up probably drugged up and has lost his bearings, it’s easily done. 

I think most of the friends returned back to the UK recently. Not sure if his mum is still there, I wonder if there’s any money left in the go fund me pot to fly her back out?

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think most of the friends returned back to the UK recently. Not sure if his mum is still there, I wonder if there’s any money left in the go fund me pot to fly her back out?

May as well make a holiday of it, now she's out there... 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

May as well make a holiday of it, now she's out there... 

It’s what the donors to the fund, and Jay, would have wanted 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i haven't followed it really to be fair...i just thought he left a party/festival/rave in the early hours

Yeah i was watching afew videos and the guy investigating it breaks it down. It might not be nothing but its a very strange story. He was definitely into drugs thats for sure. Could have been high on that tbf

58 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I went to Tenerife , same part as Jay Slayer when I was 20 for a lads holiday. 15 of us for two weeks . Getting in at 6-7 in the morning was the norm . I’ve heard stories he may have upset the wrong people on the island, which there are some nasty criminals but that sounds like fantasy.  He’s gone back to that apartment as we do when we are hammered and drugged up because we don’t want the night to end. Morning comes and he pissed up probably drugged up and has lost his bearings, it’s easily done. 

His friend lucy i think knows more than she is letting on..

The guy whose house he went to is a well known drug dealer thats bwwn arrested before.  He probably said something like come round mine for some drugs and sleep on sofa etc

He has a interesting background that jay

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The guy whose house he went to is a well known drug dealer thats bwwn arrested before.  He probably said something like come round mine for some drugs and sleep on sofa etc

You’re maybe right Dem. There are some questions unanswered, but erratic behaviour encourages more erratic behaviour.  I’m just glad they now have a body and can start the next process. 

33 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You’re maybe right Dem. There are some questions unanswered, but erratic behaviour encourages more erratic behaviour.  I’m just glad they now have a body and can start the next process. 

Yep im glad the case is now closed for sure. Not sure why process has taken so long but at least the family can grieve 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Had 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â