General Chat

AVFCLaura

On 10/07/2024 at 08:45, Guest said:

It's getting to the point now where I'd love nothing more than to move away from people and live in seclusion (with the wife, kid and doggo, obv). Just small bit of land, simple life, no external factors. The world is ****, people are selfish and evil (a large proportion anyway), and the people in 'power' have no interest in making it any better.

Dante doesn't seem to be a member of the site anymore?

In reply to his post, I can definitely see the benefit of a simple, easy and secluded life. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Dante doesn't seem to be a member of the site anymore?

In reply to his post, I can definitely see the benefit of a simple, easy and secluded life. 

Trust me you just spend more time on VT 😜

Edit - I spent 4.5 years as the only English person in my company, I knew 1 other English guy who I played football with but he didnt turn up every week, it was lockdown and I had 2 kids in that time

You take what is a normal conversation here, not just gravy on fish or butter on a bacon sandwich, but football in general or new music or a new TV show etc etc pretty much all small talk, for 4.5 years VT was 99% of it for me

Now I'm tucked away in a village with no one here other than my wife and her family but I work with English people so it's slightly different 

My wife criticises me for how long I spend here and talk here, she can't get it but this is my main link back to the "real world" of back home 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anthony said:

So, what we all doing this eve then? I'm going to play Civilization VI.

IMG-0171.jpg

Continue/finish reading this. Though it’s afternoon here. Also probably watch some of the Giants game ⚾🍻

On 13/07/2024 at 16:09, Xela said:

Still trying to work out the logic of going to Bristol to dispose of them off a bridge. 

Standard criminal, thick as pig shit 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Standard criminal, thick as pig shit 

Definitely, have you seen how high the Clifton Suspension Bridge is over the river.

image.png

And it’s not like you can get close to the edge

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Definitely, have you seen how high the Clifton Suspension Bridge is over the river.

image.png

And it’s not like you can get close to the edge

Close to the edge, just by a river
Seasons will pass you by
I get up, I get down

• Like 2

I’m off today basically everyone failed work. Missus didn’t stagger in until 6.30 still drunk singing it’s coming home. I’m just sat here drinking coffee whilst the girls get ready for school. 

Whats everyones experience on uber eats?  I dont use it often but yesterday i had some pals over to watch england game thought we would order way early before the game as probably wont be any drivers.

So waited for food.  Then i get a notification about  50 minutes later that the driver has been trying to get in contact with me (no messages no calls nothing) then says foods been delivered check the front door step nothing. Go on app and there is a photo of the bag of food left on some grass next to lamppost.  I check the location and its on about 5 roads away from me! Took a quick drive to see if it was still there behold it wasnt.

So messsage uber eats on app (as you cant ring them conveniently) to request a refund. Now they say if driver tried contacting you you are not entitled to a refund ! Unbelievable 

Clearly a way for them to not refund the customer when you have dodgy drivers. Avoid them id say

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats everyones experience on uber eats?  I dont use it often but yesterday i had some pals over to watch england game thought we would order way early before the game as probably wont be any drivers.

So waited for food.  Then i get a notification about  50 minutes later that the driver has been trying to get in contact with me (no messages no calls nothing) then says foods been delivered check the front door step nothing. Go on app and there is a photo of the bag of food left on some grass next to lamppost.  I check the location and its on about 5 roads away from me! Took a quick drive to see if it was still there behold it wasnt.

So messsage uber eats on app (as you cant ring them conveniently) to request a refund. Now they say if driver tried contacting you you are not entitled to a refund ! Unbelievable 

Clearly a way for them to not refund the customer when you have dodgy drivers. Avoid them id say

They are shit, same as Just Eat. If there’s ever something important then never risk it with them. 

I only rarely use them when they throw a big discount code at me. I wouldn’t risk it if we had people over as it would end in disaster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

They are shit, same as Just Eat. If there’s ever something important then never risk it with them. 

I only rarely use them when they throw a big discount code at me. I wouldn’t risk it if we had people over as it would end in disaster.

Yeah ive deleted the app. Ill never use them again. It took a lot of nuclear arguing but they agreed the refund as a 'one off' thats one off for me never using them again.

Yeah good advice  ive learned my lesson. Suprised they are so popular considering this shit happens so often and they add fees to the delivery 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Suprised they are so popular considering this shit happens so often and they add fees to the delivery 

The way of the world nowadays.

Despite the fact that 

1) its expensive

2) its slow

3) food arrives cold

4) food items missing

5) entire order missing 

People will do it for the convenience on tapping on their phone.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

The way of the world nowadays.

Despite the fact that 

1) its expensive

2) its slow

3) food arrives cold

4) food items missing

5) entire order missing 

People will do it for the convenience on tapping on their phone.

Very very true

We have become such lazy bastards 

Ive used cyprus version when i go its called  wolt and ive never once had a issue

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Some would say it's just convenient

Depends what ia deemed convenient though. If the takeaways are withing a 10 minute drive yeah that laziness and i put myself in that bracket too

• Like 1

I refuse to use any restaurants that use the big delivery networks, it's a shit experience using them to get cold food delivered, incredibly exploitative, and it also helps ruin the atmosphere eating in at these places.

I get that the last point is not much of an issue with fast food, nobody is going to McDonalds for the ambience, but there are a couple of fairly nice restaurants I used to eat at regularly that are now rammed full with sweaty delivery riders barging through the place with those massive bags, we go elsewhere now.

When we order takeaway, our local curry house and chinese deliver themselves, always gets here piping hot, and they're regular employees who've been there for years, I feel much better about ordering directly with those guys.

• Like 3

In my limited experience of takeaway, I turn up at the place and place my order. They go and cook it. During the 10 minutes they are cooking it, they will take telephone orders and respond with ‘that will be about 90 minutes’.

That’s a level of convenience I’ve managed to live without so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Of course, it's Uber, so screw them, but there is a legal definition of 'delivered'. They have their own definition that they tell you about, knowing that legally, it's unenforceable. They do it to discourage people pursing their rights. It's deceptive and abusive. 100% on brand for Uber.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â