General Chat

AVFCLaura

21 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

not being held accountable for their sheer incompetence

Since when was being shit at a job an actual crime?

Misconduct in a public office requires a little more than just being crap

42 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The story of those 3 little children going missing is really scary. How have they been allowed to go to a theme park without any supervision? Apparently, not seen since 7pm last night.

Found safe and well. 

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, bickster said:
59 minutes ago, bickster said:

Since when was being shit at a job an actual crime

When it's a job that requires the swearing of an oath to uphold integrity. 

Same with the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad. Hundreds of innocent men sent to jail on the strength of fabricated evidence. Not one officer held accountable. 

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

When it's a job that requires the swearing of an oath to uphold integrity. 

Same with the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad. Hundreds of innocent men sent to jail on the strength of fabricated evidence. Not one officer held accountable. 

Yes, you're entirely missing the point. There is a world of difference between fabricating evidence and just being shit

Just now, bickster said:

Yes, you're entirely missing the point. There is a world of difference between fabricating evidence and just being shit

I wouldn't say "being shit". More like, "Didn't care". That, in my eyes, is a crime. 

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I wouldn't say "being shit". More like, "Didn't care". That, in my eyes, is a crime. 

incompetence alone isn't a crime

13 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

They haven't been held accountable in any way. That, in my eyes, is also a crime.

Under which act? It's not something you have an opinion on. You might think it should be a crime, but your view doesn't change whether it is a crime or not.

Just now, limpid said:

Under which act? It's not something you have an opinion on. You might think it should be a crime, but your view doesn't change whether it is a crime or not.

Hence, "In my eyes". It's no secret that one of the charging officers was involved in a corruptible relationship with the father of one of the accused. They should have at least been disciplined, if not dismissed. 

The criminal offence of misconduct in a public office is commited when the office holder acts - or fails to act -  in a way that constitutes a breach of the duties of that office.

It doesn't get much clearer than that.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

The criminal offence of misconduct in a public office is commited when the office holder acts - or fails to act -  in a way that constitutes a breach of the duties of that office.

It doesn't get much clearer than that.

Except that without a trial where evidence is produced and defence offered, everyone is just guessing. I don't see why the CPS (who are independent from the police) would  hesitate to bring a case if there was sufficient evidence to make a conviction likely.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, limpid said:

Except that without a trial where evidence is produced and defence offered, everyone is just guessing. I don't see why the CPS (who are independent from the police) would  hesitate to bring a case if there was sufficient evidence to make a conviction likely.

It's the investigating that produces evidence. And those investigating were, definitely, not independent from the police. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

37 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's the investigating that produces evidence. And those investigating were, definitely, not independent from the police. 

I agree. But to prove that they didn't investigate properly (as opposed to carelessly or ineptly) is your supposition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, limpid said:

I agree. But to prove that they didn't investigate properly (as opposed to carelessly or ineptly) is your supposition.

I could reference many examples that would add, serious, weight to that "Supposition". 

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I could reference many examples that would add, serious, weight to that "Supposition". 

Perhaps you should refer these to the CPS. It's clearly evidence that they didn't receive.

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If you don’t laugh you’ll ***** cry 

I like to do both. On the train. Loudly. Naked. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The story of those 3 little children going missing is really scary. How have they been allowed to go to a theme park without any supervision? Apparently, not seen since 7pm last night.

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Found safe and well. 

Yes, but it still begs the question about why a 14 year old girl was in charge of a 9 and 7 year old travelling all the way to Thorpe Park and back when the clearly didn't have a clue where they were going.  What were the parents thinking? 

On my 14th birthday. Unbeknownst to my parents I got on a train from Telford to Chelmsford. Probably the most stupid thing I have ever done. It has some competition to be fair. 

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

On my 14th birthday. Unbeknownst to my parents I got on a train from Telford to Chelmsford. Probably the most stupid thing I have ever done. It has some competition to be fair. 

Why Chelmsford? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â