General Chat

AVFCLaura

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Bluey is the best thing on there, by a country mile. 

is bluey still relatively unknown?

feels like it took me ages to get the penny to drop with my parents that my kids love it, the merch still isnt as all over the place as say PP either

its easily the best kids show going, id go as far as to say my kids are growing fed up with it cos its all i want to watch with them, my daughter wants minnie mouse bowtique **** that shit we're watching sleepy time again

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

is bluey still relatively unknown?

feels like it took me ages to get the penny to drop with my parents that my kids love it, the merch still isnt as all over the place as say PP either

What? It's inescapable. Even our local Morrisons is full of Bluey merch. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What? It's inescapable. Even our local Morrisons is full of Bluey merch. 

still not that big here, not sure if my mom especially got blindsided by my brothers older kids who are too old for it, i was harping on about it for ages before she realised just how big it is

14 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I may have already posted this, I'm not gonna lie, I'm smashed, it's been a long weekend so apologies if I'm repeating myself repeating myself.

My side hustle means I get to meet quite a few 'famous' people. (D list famous, let me be fair) and most are decent, polite, with little aggro around them.

I met Gok Wan (not D List, mans on Gogglebox, and with respect a superb DJ) Friday, and he was genuinely the nicest geezer I've ever met, within 5 seconds of meeting him he was chatting like we'd known each other for ten years, and he was like that with everyone too. Every single person that met him come away feeling 10ft tall.

It's fine to have unusual heroes, and that's happened this weekend. Absolute legend of a man.

That's interesting.

I saw Gok Wan on a show a while back. Not his show, it was some sort of cooking show where teams cooked for celebrities or celebrity chefs or something.
Anyway I think Gok Wan has some sort of chef/cooking background, hence why they were cooking for him.

But the way he acted towards the team on that show was horiffic. He seemed like a right word removed.

So I assumed that's what you were going to say in your post :D

Just shows how you can get the wrong impression of people

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

still not that big here, not sure if my mom especially got blindsided by my brothers older kids who are too old for it, i was harping on about it for ages before she realised just how big it is

Oh yeah, I forgot you lived in that there abroadland. 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Conversely a lot of the people you think are nice people on telly are complete word removeds in real life

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Conversely a lot of the people you think are nice people on telly are complete word removeds in real life

Queue jumpers too, from what I hear ;)

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Oh yeah, I forgot you lived in that there abroadland. 

probably doesn't help that my wife is a completely emotionless German, she doesn't get it, I make her watch sleepy time, nothing, I make her watch baby race, nothing, I make her watch jean luc say au revior...nothing

Oh Come On GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

probably doesn't help that my wife is a completely emotionless German, she doesn't get it, I make her watch sleepy time, nothing, I make her watch baby race, nothing, I make her watch jean luc say au revior...nothing

Oh Come On GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Is there any other kind? 😉

My MIL is from Germany 

18 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I may have already posted this, I'm not gonna lie, I'm smashed, it's been a long weekend so apologies if I'm repeating myself repeating myself.

My side hustle means I get to meet quite a few 'famous' people. (D list famous, let me be fair) and most are decent, polite, with little aggro around them.

I met Gok Wan (not D List, mans on Gogglebox, and with respect a superb DJ) Friday, and he was genuinely the nicest geezer I've ever met, within 5 seconds of meeting him he was chatting like we'd known each other for ten years, and he was like that with everyone too. Every single person that met him come away feeling 10ft tall.

It's fine to have unusual heroes, and that's happened this weekend. Absolute legend of a man.

I would have given you a like, but the use of the phrase 'side hustle' stopped me. 

I may relent later on, when my sadness dissipates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Met a lovely old lady at the hospital yesterday, turns out she is the wife of former Villa goalie Fred Potter (before my time) 1959/60. He was on one of the other wards waiting release

• Like 2

On 10/06/2024 at 14:24, Stevo985 said:

That's interesting.

I saw Gok Wan on a show a while back. Not his show, it was some sort of cooking show where teams cooked for celebrities or celebrity chefs or something.
Anyway I think Gok Wan has some sort of chef/cooking background, hence why they were cooking for him.

But the way he acted towards the team on that show was horiffic. He seemed like a right word removed.

So I assumed that's what you were going to say in your post :D

Honestly, I've never seen someone in that position come across with so much grace and time for people as he did. He went above and beyond what anyone would need to do, chatting with everyone, stopping for photos, nothing was too much trouble for him.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xela said:

I would have given you a like, but the use of the phrase 'side hustle' stopped me. 

I may relent later on, when my sadness dissipates.

Tough crowd ;) 

• Thanks 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Taylor Swift fans

Hundreds of the morons outside Anfield right now

The first gig is tomorrow night.

They started to arrive yesterday, I'm not sure how the diehards survive as human beings.

I think I saw that the average price for Taylor Swift tickets on her UK shows was £205 each. That’s incredible. 

In fairness she puts a 3 hour shift in for that, but it’s just astronomical numbers on massive shows.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think I saw that the average price for Taylor Swift tickets on her UK shows was £205 each. That’s incredible. 

In fairness she puts a 3 hour shift in for that, but it’s just astronomical numbers on massive shows.

She rinses her fans for everything else so its hardly a shock

Most Swifties have more of her records than @rjw63 has Beach Boys records and she's only made 11 studio albums. A good percentage don't even have a turntable

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â