General Chat

AVFCLaura

8 hours ago, will87 said:

Anyone seen the video of the drunk driver in High Wycombe yesterday, shocking, no one injured luckily.

B'ham registration?

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Oh Jesus. I am utterly utterly ****. 

You dirty dog, so the rumours about these themed Butlins weekends were true.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Genie said:

I saw the video but assumed he was angry about something and doing it on purpose. Is he confirmed drunk?

He's quite a way from the Appleby Fair...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

Seems like he was was doing it with some long haired beardy guy too

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

I've discovered that when you've become 50+ drinking all day in a roasting hot beer garden before having a big night out isn't as easy as it was when you are twenty something. 

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I wouldn't have been capable Dave. 😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've discovered that when you've become 50+ drinking all day in a roasting hot beer garden before having a big night out isn't as easy as it was when you are twenty something. 

It wasn't easy when I was twenty something. 

On 06/06/2024 at 21:19, theboyangel said:

Michael Mosley (who invented the 5:2 diet amongst other nutritional papers) has gone missing on the Greek island of Symi.

Sadly, he was found dead today. Apparently, it looks like he nearly made it to the bottom of the climb, but sadly, must have collapsed near to the bottom. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Sadly, he was found dead today. Apparently, it looks like he nearly made it to the bottom of the climb, but sadly, must have collapsed near to the bottom. 

Pretty crazy that someone in his position thought going off on a hike alone with no mask home in 40 degree heat was a good idea. 

Edited by Genie

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pretty crazy that someone in his position thought going off on a hike alone with no mask home in 40 degree heat was a good idea. 

They think he may have took the wrong path.

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

They think he may have took the wrong path.

Yeah but still, the risks were so high in a place he was not familiar. It’s very sad, but also me of those “what were you thinking”? type situations.

• Like 1

Just hearing that Alan Hansen is seriously ill. It's been a long time since hearing about him, and now that sad news. Definitely up there with the most "Cultured" of centre - half's. 

• Sad 1

I may have already posted this, I'm not gonna lie, I'm smashed, it's been a long weekend so apologies if I'm repeating myself repeating myself.

My side hustle means I get to meet quite a few 'famous' people. (D list famous, let me be fair) and most are decent, polite, with little aggro around them.

I met Gok Wan (not D List, mans on Gogglebox, and with respect a superb DJ) Friday, and he was genuinely the nicest geezer I've ever met, within 5 seconds of meeting him he was chatting like we'd known each other for ten years, and he was like that with everyone too. Every single person that met him come away feeling 10ft tall.

It's fine to have unusual heroes, and that's happened this weekend. Absolute legend of a man.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I met Gok Wan (not D List, mans on Gogglebox, and with respect a superb DJ) Friday, and he was genuinely the nicest geezer I've ever met, within 5 seconds of meeting him he was chatting like we'd known each other for ten years

What? Gok Wan the fashion makeovers guy? He's a DJ? 

You learn something new every day. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What? Gok Wan the fashion makeovers guy? He's a DJ? 

You learn something new every day. 

Yep, he has regular slots at Glastonbury. See also ex-snooker player Steve Davis.

Got the 16 month old grandson for a few hours this morning so stuck the telly on.

Some observations:

Tellytubbies is still on, but seems an odd mixture of old and new;

Mr Tumble is proper odd;

Alvin and the chipmunks… the chipmunks are now pretty much children with tails. Like some heinous Mengele experiment.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I may have already posted this, I'm not gonna lie, I'm smashed, it's been a long weekend so apologies if I'm repeating myself repeating myself.

My side hustle means I get to meet quite a few 'famous' people. (D list famous, let me be fair) and most are decent, polite, with little aggro around them.

I met Gok Wan (not D List, mans on Gogglebox, and with respect a superb DJ) Friday, and he was genuinely the nicest geezer I've ever met, within 5 seconds of meeting him he was chatting like we'd known each other for ten years, and he was like that with everyone too. Every single person that met him come away feeling 10ft tall.

It's fine to have unusual heroes, and that's happened this weekend. Absolute legend of a man.

Did you ever meet bubble from Big Brother 

24 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Got the 16 month old grandson for a few hours this morning so stuck the telly on.

Some observations:

Tellytubbies is still on, but seems an odd mixture of old and new;

Mr Tumble is proper odd;

The rebooted Teletubbies is awful. Makes 'classic' Teletubbies look good. Same goes for the current incarnation of Peppa Pig. 

Mr Tumble/Justin Fletcher is deeply suspect. 

Bluey is the best thing on there, by a country mile. 

And if you want to settle him down for a nap, stick on 'Daydreams' - one hour of random film with a Floyd-alike soundtrack and a soothing Olivia Coleman narration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

See also ex-snooker player Steve Davis.

That's just a side hustle to his main gig. Utopia Strong are an excellent band

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â