General Chat

AVFCLaura

Posted (edited)

Absolutely heart breaking listening to the words of the British World War 2 veteran. To think, soon there will be no survivors left from that terrible time in our History. The courage of those men who landed on those beaches is simply astonishing, it really is.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Absolutely heart breaking listening to the words of the British World War 2 veteran. To think, soon there will be no survivors left from that terrible time in our History. The courage of those men who landed on those beaches is simply astonishing, it really is.

At the 80th anniversary you realise that any survivors now were likely only teenagers when they were sent to fight in the war.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Michael Mosley (who invented the 5:2 diet amongst other nutritional papers) has gone missing on the Greek island of Symi.

Was going to say, surprised there's no (maybe it's elsewhere?) chat about this.

Seems really odd.

• Like 1

Me just now

the-blues-brothers-were-on-a-mission-fro

It's 150 miles to Minehead, we got a full tank of petrol, half a pack of opal fruits, it's sunny... and we're wearing sunglasses. "Hit it." 

Hope I don’t upset the mods with this post 🙏, just for awareness I’ve created a post in games and gaming with details of a VT Euro 2024 Fantasy League.

With only a few days to go thought it might be fun 

43 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Forgot your pants again?

Birthday Boy (literally any excuse for those shorts) 

Just now, Genie said:

Which one are you? 

Lurking right at the back. I'm not putting myself forward for photos dressed like that😁

• Haha 1

Anyone seen the video of the drunk driver in High Wycombe yesterday, shocking, no one injured luckily.

18 minutes ago, will87 said:

Anyone seen the video of the drunk driver in High Wycombe yesterday, shocking, no one injured luckily.

Is he drunk?  Possibly on drugs?

I’m sure I could drive better than that even if I was completely wasted. (No, I’m not going to try it out lol).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, will87 said:

I saw the video but assumed he was angry about something and doing it on purpose. Is he confirmed drunk?

16 hours ago, Genie said:

I saw the video but assumed he was angry about something and doing it on purpose. Is he confirmed drunk?

He's been arrested for driving over the limit amongst other things

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/24375042.high-wycombe-man-arrested-following-multiple-car-crashes/

A man has been arrested and bailed after video footage showed a driver crashing into several cars in High Wycombe.

The incident occurred at around 2pm on Friday, June 6 where a tipper truck was seen drifting into the wrong side of the road along Mill End Road in the town.

The vehicle then ‘smashed’ into several cars along the street in front of stunned onlookers.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â