General Chat

AVFCLaura

20 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Quit it, cesspool is an understatement, don't be a part of it.

Came off it 10 years ago, same as FB

Only Cesspool I go in now is the match thread. 

• Haha 2

On 15/02/2024 at 14:29, tonyh29 said:

on board games  , found a load of mine at the parents house the other week

Formula one

tbf the F1 board game was actually ,more exciting than the real thing

Literally played it last weekend and still gets a regular run out when my mates put their computers down one night a month and come round for games night. Although one of the dashboards has no needles and one of the cars is missing.

Great game

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Literally played it last weekend and still gets a regular run out when my mates put their computers down one night a month and come round for games night. Although one of the dashboards has no needles and one of the cars is missing.

Great game

I just remembered something about Formula One. In the early 70s, I repainted and customised the cars with tiny aerofoil spoilers to make them look more (for the time) 'modern'. 

• Like 1

On 20/02/2024 at 16:19, Genie said:

Then the big dilemma, the easy pink or the tight brown.

Luckily I've got a tiny cue so the brown is quite easy for me as well

• Haha 1

On 20/02/2024 at 16:22, bickster said:

Doubt it, I'm not a fan of sterile boring International football :D 

I know this was tongue in cheek, but I'm not sure the greatest world cup final of our lifetimes quite fits that description ;) 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know this was tongue in cheek, but I'm not sure the greatest world cup final of our lifetimes quite fits that description ;) 

And the only one featuring a Villa player

21 hours ago, bickster said:

Was this before the law changed?
A pay and display ticket sounds more like a council run car park, the council is a completely different beast to the likes of parking eye.

I had an erroneous ticket from Parking Eye 6 months ago. Almost exactly the same situation as choffer's but I don't think there was photographic evidence.

I contacted them directly and told them of the error and they cancelled it over the phone

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I had an erroneous ticket from Parking Eye 6 months ago. Almost exactly the same situation as choffer's but I don't think there was photographic evidence.

I contacted them directly and told them of the error and they cancelled it over the phone

That's an instant dismissal on appeal due to no evidence

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was alive in 1966

• Like 1

So The Guinness Book of records has stripped a now dead, former World's Oldest Dog of its title because "It had no evidence that it was as old as claimed". 

Kind of begs the question why did they pronounce it the world's oldest dog in the first place? 

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So The Guinness Book of records has stripped a now dead, former World's Oldest Dog of its title because "It had no evidence that it was as old as claimed". 

Kind of begs the question why did they pronounce it the world's oldest dog in the first place? 

You mean the same people that refused to accept the world record for the tallest structure made out of matchsticks because the matchsticks used had no heads on them… only to relent a few days later when the people who run the hobby pointed out that no one builds matchstick models with matches with heads on because of the massive fire risk :D 

Genuinely happened a couple of weeks ago

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bickster said:

That's an instant dismissal on appeal due to no evidence

Guess I got lucky

Edited by Stevo985

Genuine question - How long does it take for a pint of lager to 'work' (as in, how long to get you most intoxicated) and how long to wear off again?

I was trying to work out how many pints you could drink (with a suitable time gap between each) without ever being more than 'one pint' intoxicated. (It's been a slow work day)

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Guess I got lucky

That’s a rather generous interpretation. The other way to look at is the Representatives for North East Somerset sent you a fraudulent invoice for parking on their land with absolutely zero evidence.”

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My ex actually studied that at uni (but using vodka not beer) 

From memory there's loads of different factors in it and it's not any set rule, so being tall or being fat etc doesn't necessarily mean one thing or the other, it impacts absorbtion rate but not your ability to flush it out of your system

So how long to get intoxicated is different for every person but as a norm it takes approx. 30 mins for alcohol to turn up in your blood and then you pass 1 unit per hour, take a pint as being 2 units so it takes 2 hours to go back to zero

The scary thing about that is then when you try and work out what time on a Sunday morning you are safe to drive and actually find the answer to be Tuesday afternoon... 

This is exactly what I was after, thank you V4E - I don't drink if I'm driving, went to Fulham last week and I had three pints of lager, last one at 2pm - I knew I'd be driving again at 6pm - I did the research, and I could have been over the limit based on the science. I didn't realise it hit like that.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

The most i'll ever drink if I'm driving is one pint, if its with food and over a couple of hours. Otherwise its soft drinks. 2 pints and i'd feel it, and it would impact my driving, even if I was technically under the limit. 

Yep, same here.

Luckily, I don’t ‘need’ to drink when I’m out so that one pint would only be if I really fancied it and felt like I’d be fine after it.

I did recently have a half pint, but I won’t do that again it wasn’t one thing or the other. Not enough drink to last a whole fish n chips and made my hand look huge!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â