General Chat

AVFCLaura

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I was just impressed they weren’t all named after royals, or paying sponsors.

I wouldn't mind a nice smooth ride into Kate's tunnel. 

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The Andrew Line. Straight through to Woking, no charges for minors.

Nice dry journey though. 

• Like 1

Fun Fact about the new Overground line names

The Suffragette line AKA the Goblin line (Gospel Oak to Barking Line) has a statue of Millicent Fawcett as its symbol

She was a suffragist, not a suffragette.

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Fun Fact about the new Overground line names

The Suffragette line AKA the Goblin line (Gospel Oak to Barking Line) has a statue of Millicent Fawcett as its symbol

there was a mini article about this somewhere I’ll never find again, maybe some sort of historic London blog I’d rabbit holed.

Anyhoo, the people naming the lines got historians involved and discussed the whole suffragist / suffragette thing, not least because they were potentially naming a line after a violent pressure group. ‘They’ decided, that is the female historians checking out the line naming, that the proposal was fine and people debating these facts would actually be a good thing and add publicity and discussion.

I have absolutely no proof of this, I think I started off trying to find a license to do some mud larking and ended up looking at new Thames crossings a couple of weeks ago.

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Top pedantry right there, sir. I salute you. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

there was a mini article about this somewhere I’ll never find again, maybe some sort of historic London blog I’d rabbit holed.

Anyhoo, the people naming the lines got historians involved and discussed the whole suffragist / suffragette thing, not least because they were potentially naming a line after a violent pressure group. ‘They’ decided, that is the female historians checking out the line naming, that the proposal was fine and people debating these facts would actually be a good thing and add publicity and discussion.

I have absolutely no proof of this, I think I started off trying to find a license to do some mud larking and ended up looking at new Thames crossings a couple of weeks ago.

Only pedants like me discuss such things, most people will concentrate on wokery gone mad / stupid name for a railway line etc. :D 

The only thing I dislike them for is the breaking of the naming conventions but they already did that with the Jubilee and Elizabeth lines anyway. The naming and map variations did need to be done though I think

Though I did rather like the unofficial name for the Suffragette line - the Goblin Line (Gospel Oak to Barking Line)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

If I was vegan who happened to be an assassin, I think Salt Bae would be my first port of call.

I'm not a vegan but I'd shoot that word removed right in the face

And any one of the countless copycats that have popped up. "Superwow" is top of the list

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently he's straddled with horrendous amounts of debt and is bouncing around opening up new places in an attempt to stop it catching up with him 

The guy can't cook, great irony that you watch a video from a man famous for putting salt on a steak and he can't season his meat properly... 

On cooking, I saw opheem in brum got its 2nd michellen star recently 

The microwave your own curry box that they did during rona is still possibly the best meal I've ever had, genuinely not a clue how he kept the quality so high 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Apparently he's straddled with horrendous amounts of debt and is bouncing around opening up new places in an attempt to stop it catching up with him 

The guy can't cook, great irony that you watch a video from a man famous for putting salt on a steak and he can't season his meat properly... 

I just despise that performative nonsense. All for Instagram views.

Cook my food in the **** kitchen. That's what it's there for.

I don't want to see you banging a load of forks around and ruining a baklava next to my table

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I just despise that performative nonsense. All for Instagram views.

Cook my food in the **** kitchen. That's what it's there for.

I don't want to see you banging a load of forks around and ruining a baklava next to my table

A table of 8 all filming the “chef” cutting the steak at your table. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

A table of 8 all filming the “chef” cutting the steak at your table. 

Id have said "cutting" too, from what I've seen he hacks at it

And fannies about so much the food must be getting cold 

And covers it in gold leaf which adds nothing to the flavour 

That'll be £700 please... 

Are people really that **** mad? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And covers it in gold leaf which adds nothing to the flavour 

You can't digest it either, which at least does mean you'll have gold poo

Things I know about this Salty Bay person

He can't cook steak

He covers it in shit loads of salt

He covers it in gold

Charges a fortune

And now that he cant even cut meat.

I have no idea what he/she/it/they looks like, I don't intend to find out. All this information has been gleaned from VT, I've never encountered him anywhere else

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â