General Chat

AVFCLaura

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

One of the things I love about spotify is the way it helps you discover new bands and check out the rising stars. I've just had a notifcation recommending an artist based on other artists I listen to.

Some lad called "Jimi Hendrix". 

I've just listened to his cover of All Along the Watchtower. It's decent, you music guys should check it out.

one of many many artists to take a Dylan track and improve it by about a million % 

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

One of the things I love about spotify is the way it helps you discover new bands and check out the rising stars. I've just had a notifcation recommending an artist based on other artists I listen to.

Some lad called "Jimi Hendrix". 

I've just listened to his cover of All Along the Watchtower. It's decent, you music guys should check it out.

Well, we laugh - but there really are young 'uns who wouldn't know, and are genuinely making a new discovery. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Question of Sport being shelved. Along with Top Gear recently. Paddy McGuinness has the touch of the grim reaper! 

I wonder if he has ever chosen to walk away from a show or if it's always out of his hands, Phoenix Nights and Max and Paddy wasn't, Top Gear and QoS wasn't, Take me out was axed. In fact looking through his CV, he is consistently a kiss of death. You have to wonder why he still gets work. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I wonder if he has ever chosen to walk away from a show or if it's always out of his hands, Phoenix Nights and Max and Paddy wasn't, Top Gear and QoS wasn't, Take me out was axed. In fact looking through his CV, he is consistently a kiss of death. You have to wonder why he still gets work. 

I would argue that McGuinness probably should avoid blame for Take Me Out being axed.

Yes terrible, tacky show, but I would say McGuinness was more or less ideal for it. The right cheeky chappy persona. Ten years is a pretty good run regardless.

Can’t believe I’m starting the day by arguing the positives of Paddy McGuinness on Take Me Out, but here I am.

He’s apparently taking over Gregg Wallace’s job on Inside the Factory. By the looks of it, that show has been running for 8 years. If it fails to reach the decade milestone then the prosecution will have further evidence against McGuinness.

Incidentally I’ve just been reading about Take Me Out’s controversial moments. The first male contestant on the show…jeeez, starting as we mean to go on. Good job everyone.

33 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I would argue that McGuinness probably should avoid blame for Take Me Out being axed.

Yes terrible, tacky show, but I would say McGuinness was more or less ideal for it. The right cheeky chappy persona. Ten years is a pretty good run regardless.

Can’t believe I’m starting the day by arguing the positives of Paddy McGuinness on Take Me Out, but here I am.

He’s apparently taking over Gregg Wallace’s job on Inside the Factory. By the looks of it, that show has been running for 8 years. If it fails to reach the decade milestone then the prosecution will have further evidence against McGuinness.

Incidentally I’ve just been reading about Take Me Out’s controversial moments. The first male contestant on the show…jeeez, starting as we mean to go on. Good job everyone.

I think ITV cancelled the concept of Take me out and yes he was a good host for it. I think he has been shoehorned into concepts ever since and they usually have a very limited run. 

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Question of Sport being shelved. Along with Top Gear recently. Paddy McGuinness has the touch of the grim reaper! 

Mrs Sidcow and I were just discussing this. 

Terrible host. 

Team captains with zero charisma and zero chemistry between them leading to the completely contrived rivalry. 

The introduction of stupid games. 

It's really no suprise it's been a disaster. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Even his vapid Missus is sick of him. 

Although he’s a “household name “ I don’t think I’ve ever watched anything with Paddy McGuinness in it.

QofS I stopped watched about 15 years ago , top gear I gave up on before he took over , never seen Phoenix  nights or take me out … I guess he appeals to a certain demographic, it’s just that I’m not it 

• Like 2

My perception is that Question of Sport has been dying a death for a while now. 

Whenever I caught it (pre McGuinness) it seemed like it was trying a bit too hard to wacky. I think in its heyday it was a bit more strait laced with a bit of light hearted humour thrown in - typically in the What happens next round. It eventually becomes the Phil Tufnell pratfall show. 

I maintain that it started to go downhill when they inexplicably decided to put the studio audience on display behind the teams. Why, exactly? 

Mcguiness strikes me as the kind of guy who is the life and soul of the party but then cries to himself in the hotel room. 

It looks forced and fake and is covering up personal troubles. He’s going through a divorce and I think I saw some or all of his kids have special needs. It must be very draining.

QoS I haven’t watched since the 90’s. Take me out was alright for what it was but it became outdated quite fast towards the end so understandably axed. 

Top Gear had its issues when Clarkson, May and Hammond hosted it but it went down hill fast after they left so I haven’t been watching that either.

He has a bit of a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Edited by Genie

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Although he’s a “household name “ I don’t think I’ve ever watched anything with Paddy McGuinness in it.

QofS I stopped watched about 15 years ago , top gear I gave up on before he took over , never seen Phoenix  nights or take me out … I guess he appeals to a certain demographic, it’s just that I’m not it 

You and I clearly have more in common than I thought. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I liked take me out ! 😮‍💨

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

When this conversation started, I absolutely recognised the name, but had to google him to see what he looked like.

Now there is mention of his wife, I’d have to google again to see if I recognise that person. 

We were just briefly discussing him, whilst neither of us could think of something we’ve watched with him in, undoubtedly he’ll turn out to be a multi millionaire with a CV of a thousand programmes on channels we didn’t even realise we had access to. Oh look, he did the Celebrity Auctions on Ice Christmas Special on Sky Midnight Channel Hop +1 and bought a castle with the fee.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Maybe he’s the Eric Black of TV presenters?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â