General Chat

AVFCLaura

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Picked up my 4 months sober coin last night. Was meant to pick it up Wednesday but Villa came first. Freely sharing among the group now and feel settled within a community that just want the best for you. I’ve gone longer than 4 months before but it’s been misery the most part. Feels different this time. Anyway won’t bore you every time I get a coin but hopefully get to 6 months then a year but we’ll see.

Nice one. I've been Tee-Total for just under 4 months myself, and have to say I feel much, much better for it :thumb:

Keep it up!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Good for you. I meant it the other day when I tongue in cheek said the kingdom of heaven is within. As flippant as it sounds, it’s a genuine belief of mine that whatever if it that works for you, that sorts your head out and gives you the focus you want, works for you. Do what gets you through, believe in what you have to believe in to get you through the day and the week and the month and get to the end of a year and look back and think well **** you, I did it. 

If it all falls over after 2 weeks or 2 years, you’ve just got to know you proved to yourself you can do 2 weeks or 2 years, now do 3 weeks or 3 years or whatever it is. You’ve got to want it to have half a chance. So whatever works, find it, find AA, church, vegetarianism, LibDem community level politics groups, running, whatever it is that gets you through, it gets you through. If other people are too blinkered to see that, that’s their problem. The kingdom of heaven ain’t in the other guys in the van or the celebs in Howdy Magazine. It’s within.

Jeez mate, thank you , much appreciated .

• Like 1

Christmas pub crawl with my old school mates starts  in 20 mins

Just to say any posts  after midnight will be me and not @Demitri_C having hacked my account 

tbf it’s not really the drink , it’s the fact I don’t take my glasses with me when I go out drinking and I can’t see the poxy screen half the time … maybe I should have put this in the getting older thread 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Christmas pub crawl with my old school mates starts  in 20 mins

Just to say any posts  after midnight will be me and not @Demitri_C having hacked my account 

tbf it’s not really the drink , it’s the fact I don’t take my glasses with me when I go out drinking and I can’t see the poxy screen half the time … maybe I should have put this in the getting older thread 

Just be honest tone you shared your password with me 

🤩

Earlier today, the missus is putting the Xmas decks up and asks me where she should put the new portable central heating thermostat

Stick it on one of the lower bookshelves suggests me

I prefer it on one of the higher ones says her

Dont be shocked when you're suggesting it’s cold later on says I.

She gives me a withering look…

You know what just happened don’t you

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

and asks me where she should put the new portable central heating thermostat

Stick it on one of the lower bookshelves suggests me

I prefer it on one of the higher ones says her

Straight to the things that piss you off thread. Why the **** ask then?????????????? 

On 08/12/2023 at 08:53, tomav84 said:

euromillions is over £200m. absolutely ridiculous amount of money to give to an individual that could be as young as 18.

the worst thing is (as a euromillions player) that the smaller prizes are absolutely tiny. it really should be capped at 100m, then the smaller prizes increased.

On 08/12/2023 at 09:47, Genie said:

Someone I used to work with won the normal lottery, about 4 million I think. 

They got the “you’ve won a prize, log in to check” email whilst on holiday but couldn’t check from abroadia and assumed it was the usual tenner or so.

Got home, checked the account and thought “oh my god, I’ve won £4,000” then the daughter said, “that’s not 4 thousand, that’s 4 million!”

Got an email:

bt-win.png  

GOOD NEWS

You've won a prize on The National Lottery

You've won a prize playing one of our draw games on Friday 8 Dec 2023. Sign into your account to find out more.

Just sayin'

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â