General Chat

AVFCLaura

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

If I won, I wouldn't tell anyone, but people would know, or they would at least question why I never got close to running out of toilet tissue.

they had former winners on the news this morning. their argument was just that, that people would've found out anyway but going public meant they could control it

• Like 1

Obviously it’s a bit different with £200m, but say I won a couple of million my worry would be the randomers contacting me telling me about their poorly kids that need money for life saving treatment. 
Putting that guilt on you that effectively their life was in your hands. 

That would be awful. 

Just been the doctors because I’ve been wheezing on and off for few months now, but since Monday it’s been constant. Waking up through the early hours about 4 really bad wheezing. Anyway to cut a long story short the doctor thinks I’ve developed a pretty bad allergy to dogs which has turned into allergic asthma. Even when the dogs rub up me it’s common for me to come out in hives and a nasty looking rash blocked nose also. I’ve had my oxygen levels taken which was 94% which isn’t great as they like to have them between 97/99 for a bloke my age who’s relatively healthy.  My chest sounds like shit, his words not mine. Got to have a blow test  and X-ray at Cannock hospital in next couple of weeks just to rule out anything too serious but he’s pretty strong on it being the dogs and he thinks me and the wife need to have a serious talk about them as it’s obviously effecting my health. Been prescribed two inhalers and some antihistamines. I’m hoping that’s all it is and not work related although he did say from now on don’t cut any corners at work regarding dust protection as it will makes things worse. Don’t know what to do about the dogs. 

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

they had former winners on the news this morning. their argument was just that, that people would've found out anyway but going public meant they could control it

Nah I don't get it, having dealt with intrusive journalists they are pretty easy to deal with. You ignore them. They have to find out who you are first.

If it was me who won £200mil, I'd be out of the country for 6 months by the end of the week.

• Like 1

200m at 18 would have done me little favours in the long run but boy would I have had fun to begin with. Industrial amounts of cocaine and booze and just shagging non stop travelling the world partying. Now it would take the stress out of life and I’d know my kids would be ok when I’m gone but they will be ok when I’m gone anyway they will have to be.

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Obviously it’s a bit different with £200m, but say I won a couple of million my worry would be the randomers contacting me telling me about their poorly kids that need money for life saving treatment. 

That would be awful. 

That wouldn’t bother me. You can’t save the world with two million. If I genuinely knew someone who’s child was going through something bad yes I’d think about helping if I could, but when does the help stop? 

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

That would be awful. 

yeah that's why i would definitely not go public and heavily restrict my social media.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Licensing office I guess, via email. 

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

Makes it clear that you don;t need a licence unless you watch anything on iplayer, or if you live stream from any service.  If he's watching football live on Prime he has to have a licence.

I doubt they waste the licence fee having conversations with your mate. Asking who is "they" i's important to clarify when people tell you stories.

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

Makes it clear that you don;t need a licence unless you watch anything on iplayer, or if you live stream from any service.  If he's watching football live on Prime he has to have a licence.

I doubt they waste the licence fee having conversations with your mate. Asking who is "they" i's important to clarify when people tell you stories.

So what's paying for and watching Prime gotta do with the BBC TV licence??

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So what's paying for and watching Prime gotta do with the BBC TV licence??

It's not a "BBC TV Licence", it's a "TV licence". Read the top of yours.

It grants you permission to watch and record live TV.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

201m thats the biggest ever i think.

If i win ill be getting a box at villa park and ill have some villatalkers joining me (so be nice from  now 👌 😉)

But that is a ridiculous amount of money. Id be scared to tell anyone as it literally will change your life and i think people around you will as well

I wouldn't mutter a damn word. I wouldn't do anything that would instantly draw attention. Deffo wouldn't go public that's for sure.

As @bickster states, I would be out the country within a matter of days to reflect on it all but using the excuse "I've been head hunted by a company in (random country) who have called me in for an interview".

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't mutter a damn word. I wouldn't do anything that would instantly draw attention. Deffo wouldn't go public that's for sure.

As @bickster states, I would be out the country within a matter of days to reflect on it all but using the excuse "I've been head hunted by a company in (random country) who have called me in for an interview".

Are other countries in need of luxury taxi drivers ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah thats a good way to do it.

One thing i would want to do is help family but you get impression people would blab and would get around. Ive thought about giving money to family anonymously

I 100% would not go oublic. I read that if you chose not yo go public you have to give a percentage up of the winnings. Ill happily do that.

Going public is stupid

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Great speech by Gerry Adams at Shane McGowan's funeral, very rare to hear Adams sound so emotional. However, I have always admired his ability to articulate his opinions no matter the delicacy of the subject at hand.

Ya it's pretty mad here, went up to the church to watch funeral arrive, pubs should be good later 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â