General Chat

AVFCLaura

16 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

If I worked on a maternity ward I’d be booking September 7th off as annual leave. Gonna be a mental shift that one.

Registry office may be intrigued by the sudden popularity of 'Unai' as a boy's name. 

• Like 3

Don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere but the csae of that Headmistress who committed suicide over a poor OFSTED Report was given extensive coverage on the News tonight. Are OFSTED being unfarly pilloried for doing their job ? Or are they being a little too "enthusiastic". Any one any experience of dealing with them.

16 minutes ago, veloman said:

Don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere but the csae of that Headmistress who committed suicide over a poor OFSTED Report was given extensive coverage on the News tonight. Are OFSTED being unfarly pilloried for doing their job ? Or are they being a little too "enthusiastic". Any one any experience of dealing with them.

On the radio, the outgoing head of OFSTED was asked to sum up her tenure in three words or less.

She said that was ridiculous, you couldn’t possibly sum up someone’s careers in two or three words.

There was no obvious sense of irony or humility.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

On the radio, the outgoing head of OFSTED was asked to sum up her tenure in three words or less.

She said that was ridiculous, you couldn’t possibly sum up someone’s careers in two or three words.

Three years long.

sorted.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There was no obvious sense of irony or humility.

Inadequate, requires improvement 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Anybody on here rufuse to pay for a TV licence. I got a mate who don't pay, as he said he only watches on demand and Prime. They have recently told him he needs a licence for Prime? WTF has that gotta do with the BBC.

covered here:

• Like 1

I’m in a pub on a street of pubs, considering another pint or do I move over the road to where my mates playing a gig shortly

Dull of Kintyre came on. Out before the bagpipes start decision made

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Mull of Kintyre all the way through. I’m not sure I’ve heard it on the radio or played on a jukebox. I only really know it because about 20 years ago there seemed to be a lot of Top 100 biggest selling singles type shows and it would inevitably feature.

I kinda know the tune, but not much beyond the title lyrics.

Somewhat similarly, “Cat’s in the Cradle”. I’m literally only aware of that song through its use in US sitcoms typically as a punchline when there’s some father/son dynamic being played out. I’ve never heard it anywhere else, I couldn’t tell you who sang it (I can now because I just looked it up). For me it sort of exists in a weirdly familiar, yet unfamiliar area of pop culture.

euromillions is over £200m. absolutely ridiculous amount of money to give to an individual that could be as young as 18.

the worst thing is (as a euromillions player) that the smaller prizes are absolutely tiny. it really should be capped at 100m, then the smaller prizes increased.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

euromillions is over £200m. absolutely ridiculous amount of money to give to an individual that could be as young as 18.

the worst thing is (as a euromillions player) that the smaller prizes are absolutely tiny. it really should be capped at 100m, then the smaller prizes increased.

This started as a £165mil boost, there's approx a 1 in 140mil chance of winning. It's ludicrous as you say, spreading the prize pots would be far more beneficial

Hell just increase the amount of guaranteed UK millionaires. Start it at £65mil if you're going to boost it and have an extra 20 guaranteed millionaires for 5 or 6 weeks or something anyway

• Like 2

Someone I used to work with won the normal lottery, about 4 million I think. 

They got the “you’ve won a prize, log in to check” email whilst on holiday but couldn’t check from abroadia and assumed it was the usual tenner or so.

Got home, checked the account and thought “oh my god, I’ve won £4,000” then the daughter said, “that’s not 4 thousand, that’s 4 million!”

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Mull of Kintyre all the way through. I’m not sure I’ve heard it on the radio or played on a jukebox. I only really know it because about 20 years ago there seemed to be a lot of Top 100 biggest selling singles type shows and it would inevitably feature.

I kinda know the tune, but not much beyond the title lyrics.

I think until Band Aid it was the biggest selling U.K. single , understandable really , I mean who doesn’t love a bit of bagpipes 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

201m thats the biggest ever i think.

If i win ill be getting a box at villa park and ill have some villatalkers joining me (so be nice from  now 👌 😉)

But that is a ridiculous amount of money. Id be scared to tell anyone as it literally will change your life and i think people around you will as well

• Like 1

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Anybody on here rufuse to pay for a TV licence. I got a mate who don't pay, as he said he only watches on demand and Prime. They have recently told him he needs a licence for Prime? WTF has that gotta do with the BBC.

Who is "they"?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â