General Chat

AVFCLaura

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I saw an old episode of Porridge the other day and Fletcher somehow skives his way into the local pub with a £1 note. He manages to buy a couple of pints and about 10 bags of crisps and still has change!

My first pint (must have been 1969), was 1s 3d

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Someone just sent me a link on WhatsApp of a Comodo Dragon eating a live deer and you can hear it blarting all the way into its belly ffs 

Their venom is lethal , but they are also pretty dozy once the sun is out 

P1030177.jpeg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

P1030177.jpeg

You are a very brave man, just found out they can run at 20km per hour and all they have to do is nip the leg of there prey and wait for the toxins to kick in totally immobilising it to be eaten alive. Seen one who died who suffocated after eating a massive wild boar, the dragon opened its mouth and the boars head poked out still alive 🤣 Impressive beast................

36 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

You are a very brave man, just found out they can run at 20km per hour and all they have to do is nip the leg of there prey and wait for the toxins to kick in totally immobilising it to be eaten alive. Seen one who died who suffocated after eating a massive wild boar, the dragon opened its mouth and the boars head poked out still alive 🤣 Impressive beast................

few days  before we went one had bitten a guard , who i think was evacuated home to basically die 

seems the sneaky bugger was hiding near the path way at the watering hole  and attacked him from behind

But I was assured , as they are cold bloodied they do sod all until their blood has sufficiently warmed up  in the sun  , so when my guard asked if I wanted a picture with it  and  said it was safe .. I thought I'd go for it .. worse case I get an entry into the Darwin awards and go out famous 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah normally when you see the video of them eating something they've bit it days before and then tracked it as the gangrene kicks in

yeah .. they told us days , but i read elsewhere it kills in hours hours .. but that's probably if they bite an oompa loompa or something

The young live in trees for the early part of their life , its the only way they survive into adulthood .. guess Komodo Dragons found out that Komodo Dragon meat is pretty tasty 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2023 at 23:12, tonyh29 said:

P1030177.jpeg

Look at the state of that fat, offensively smelly, lazy foodbag.

Spoiler

You knew damn well where I was going with this :)

Make up your own punchline :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Look at the state of that fat, offensively smelly, lazy foodbag.

Hide contents

You knew damn well where I was going with this :)

Make up your own punchline :D

I've been called worse ..and that's just by the wife   :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Oscar Pistorius cut loose after just 10 years. If he's culpable for the killing, 10 years is a joke. 

Out on the proviso he gets counselling for his anti female anger issues.

I dunno, that feels like maybe the wrong way round when he’s already killed one female? I’m no expert.

My wife has one of those diy blood  pressure appliances because of this medication she’s on at the minute. I did my blood pressure last night and it was 130/80 which I’m lead to believe is at the high end of normal. Thought I’d do it this morning before I eaten and had a coffee and it was 138/87. Never had an issue with my blood pressure before but think I’m going to get myself checked in at the doctors to see what they think .

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My wife has one of those diy blood  pressure appliances because of this medication she’s on at the minute. I did my blood pressure last night and it was 130/80 which I’m lead to believe is at the high end of normal. Thought I’d do it this morning before I eaten and had a coffee and it was 138/87. Never had an issue with my blood pressure before but think I’m going to get myself checked in at the doctors to see what they think .

There’s pharmacies that do free blood pressure checks if that’s easier than an appointment.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Genie said:

There’s pharmacies that do free blood pressure checks if that’s easier than an appointment.

Didn’t know that, that may be more convenient. They would advise me then what to do based on reading so if high again I’d have to book an appointment with doctors. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Didn’t know that, that may be more convenient. They would advise me then what to do based on reading so if high again I’d have to book an appointment with doctors. 

Yeah, some pharmacies do other free stuff like diabetes checks too. If you doctors is decent then go straight to them. If it’s easier to get Taylor Swift tickets then maybe a pharmacy is an option.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â