General Chat

AVFCLaura

Currently stationary on the M6 North towards Stafford, vehicle fire on the opposite side, but the paper tiger health and safety crazy traffic officers have closed off both sides. Been 45 minutes so far.

Dying for a wee too. 😬

Edited by foreveryoung

Yep, 8 seater solid oak dining table and chairs from ikea many years ago and it’ll last forever. But from a recent tour of the shop, I think their prices are more industry standard than when I bought that table because now the equivalent looks really pricey and we bought ours when we had no money.

We do have a kallax, but it’s not record storage. Every real man should be able to build his own bespoke kallax equivalent to perfectly fit the stereo corner.

We also bought a solid oak dining table some years ago when we moved house. It’ll do for a number of years more.

I find the trick to buying expensive stuff like that is to do it when moving house as it feels less painful alongside all the other big bills.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Every real man should be able to build his own bespoke kallax equivalent to perfectly fit the stereo corner.

I'm usually proud of myself if I change a lightbulb or empty the bag on the hoover  .. reading that ,  I now feel inadequate 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Currently stationary on the M6 North towards Stafford, vehicle fire on the opposite side, but the paper tiger health and safety crazy traffic officers have closed off both sides. Been 45 minutes so far.

Dying for a wee too. 😬

Have you ever seen a car full of fuel explode? do you think the shrapnel respects the central reservation?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Yeah, expensive furniture is one for the "things you don't get" thread. 

I bought all mine from a shop called Hülsta , its decent stuff and probably quite pricey 

people would come around and say "oh that furniture looks nice , did you get it from Ikea "

essentially , when it comes to furniture ,unless you are Christopher Payne , nobody has a clue 

43 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I could put out the towering inferno now, never mind a little car fire. 😂

For your bladder issue, get off at 13, turn right on the island, first turn on the left is a McDonalds.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I could put out the towering inferno now, never mind a little car fire. 😂

Do you have no bottles or coffee cups lying around in the car? 

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, bickster said:

The traffic is stopped, just do what normal people do and go for a piss the other side of the hard shoulder

I went to the Villa Europa game 2 weeks back, there were people getting out of the car in slow moving traffic for a piss, and then running up the M6 to catch up with their car again.

• Haha 2

Going back to Spoonys, I know a lot of the VT massive don't like them, but they are real good value for money. Scrambled egg on toast (there was loads of egg) and unlimited coffees, for a fiver. 

Sad thing was, it was full of old(ish) blokes on their own. Perhaps widowers, or bachelors. All sitting on their own tables, not speaking to one another. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Going back to Spoonys, I know a lot of the VT massive don't like them, but they are real good value for money. Scrambled egg on toast (there was loads of egg) and unlimited coffees, for a fiver. 

Sad thing was, it was full of old(ish) blokes on their own. Perhaps widowers, or bachelors. All sitting on their own tables, not speaking to one another. 

I haven’t been in there for ages.

I remember after my lad was born I went out with a few male family members for a few beers to celebrate. It was a Monday night and I could buy 5 pints and have change out of £7.50, absolute madness.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I haven’t been in there for ages.

I remember after my lad was born I went out with a few male family members for a few beers to celebrate. It was a Monday night and I could buy 5 pints and have change out of £7.50, absolute madness.

No, no, I must not go into 'Four Yorkshiremen' mode. 

Oh, go on then...  

Eight pints for a quid when I started drinking. 

• Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â