General Chat

AVFCLaura

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

My oldest friend from Stourbridge is coming over for a visit and really wantd to come at Halloween so he could see it.

So much pressure on my neighbors now!

Those razor blades are going to have to be hidden in all sorts of "candy" items now. 

• Shocked 1

A woman has died at a Rugby Club fundraiser trying to stuff as many marshmallows into her mouth as possible. 

I've always thought these eating competitions and cram as much stuff into your mouth competitions were stupid and dangerous and there you go. 

Stuff as many marshmallows into your mouth as you can...... WHY???? 

Now some kids have lost their mum - maybe watched her die for some stupid bloody nonsense. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

A woman has died at a Rugby Club fundraiser trying to stuff as many marshmallows into her mouth as possible. 

I've always thought these eating competitions and cram as much stuff into your mouth competitions were stupid and dangerous and there you go. 

Now some kids have lost their mum - maybe watched her die for some stupid bloody nonsense. 

Its like those ridiculous hot wing challenges were the wings are super hot then people get ill after 

Or those burger challenges that are like heart attacks on  a plate

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

did she choke?

Yes, choked to death onstage in front of all the families in an under 10's fundraising event.  Choked to death on a mouthful of **** marshmallows.

What a stupid stupid waste.

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, choked to death onstage in front of all the familied in an under 10's fundraising event.  Choked to death on a mouthful of **** marshmallows.

What a stupid stupid waste.

I'm out of reactions but a rather hollow how sad will have to suffice. How horrible for everyone involved. Imagine having suggested it for the agenda :(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I'm out of reactions but a rather hollow how sad will have to suffice. How horrible for everyone involved. Imagine having suggested it for the agenda :(

The report said that the local council was investigating the Health and Safety arrangements.  You can bet your bottom dollar there was ZERO thoughts about Health and Safety, probably not any written risk assessments or medial provisions.   So on top of the huge guilt I would imagine there will be some extremely uncomfortable questions to answer which could even conceivably lead to criminal prosecutions.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I won that competition in VIth form :D Did wonders for the sale of flumps from the tuck shop

On 10/10/2023 at 13:21, lapal_fan said:

I know it's not a lot of peoples thing, but I'm quite enjoying seeing Halloween decs up in the odd spots.  I think we could get way more mileage out of Halloween, it's fun and I get to eat loads of sweets :) 

IDKWTCH bought a halloween/autumn wreath the other day.

I didn't know it was a thing, and I was quite annoyed.

But actually it looks really nice

25 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

There was a thing 20 or so years ago in the states with kids cramming as many marshmallows in their mouths and trying to say a phrase at the same time, which resulted in a couple of fatalities. 

There was something (in Australia I think) where a radio station challenged people to hold in their "wee" for as long as possible, to win a Nintendo Wii (get it?)

Anyway some woman died doing that

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There was something (in Australia I think) where a radio station challenged people to hold in their "wee" for as long as possible, to win a Nintendo Wii (get it?)

Anyway some woman died doing that

A Florida man died in a cockroach eating contest. 20 people took part, the victim died when his throat was so full of insect parts and vomit that he choked to death.

The prize they were competing for? A python.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

The only way this could get more Florida is if people started shooting each other at the end.

Followed by a gator dragging the bodies into a swamp. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s obviously horrific for those directly affected but does there seriously need to be a HSE investigation?

It’s an accident, accidents happen. 

AFAIK, events planning legislation dictates it. They're supposed to have minor and major incident plans in place. If they did and they followed them and tragedy strikes then accidental it will be. There's supposed to be a registered first aider on site. Any for-profit organisation has a duty of care over attendees.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

A Florida man died in a cockroach eating contest. 20 people took part, the victim died when his throat was so full of insect parts and vomit that he choked to death.

The prize they were competing for? A python.

Of course it was Florida

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â