General Chat

AVFCLaura

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Also, a city needs an Act of Parliament specific to that city to use double reds. It used to only be London that had one but Birmingham was granted one iirc in the lead up to a bid for a large event. As far as I know they are the only two cities allowed them. If you see them anywhere else, it’s nailed on that you are on private property.

I've seen double reds here in Leeds, in a road tunnel near the airport. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

I've seen double reds here in Leeds, in a road tunnel near the airport. 

Guaranteed it’s on land owned by the airport. Exactly the same at Liverpool Dead Popstar Airport. In Liverpool it’s how you know you are on their property not public property and they have a little gimp in a camera van that sits at the end of the road photographing anyone that stops but you'll effectively get an invoice for parking not an official PCN

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The only place I recall seeing double red lines is at Good Hope hospital.

Private property, doesn't count. Pretty much all the main arterial bus routes in Birmingham have them

• Thanks 1

It reminds me something an old colleague me a few years back. He picked up his girlfriend outside a train station down south somewhere and it was one of these no stopping areas. They caught him on camera and he was stationary for about 8 seconds and was fined.

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

It reminds me something an old colleague me a few years back. He picked up his girlfriend outside a train station down south somewhere and it was one of these no stopping areas. They caught him on camera and he was stationary for about 8 seconds and was fined.

Again, private property most likely, it's just a cash generating scam

13 hours ago, bickster said:

Guaranteed it’s on land owned by the airport. Exactly the same at Liverpool Dead Popstar Airport. In Liverpool it’s how you know you are on their property not public property and they have a little gimp in a camera van that sits at the end of the road photographing anyone that stops but you'll effectively get an invoice for parking not an official PCN

I'd be surprised if it was. It does go under a bridge beneath the runway, but it's a main public highway (the A658). 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'd be surprised if it was. It does go under a bridge beneath the runway, but it's a main public highway (the A658). 

Hmmm, that's peaked my curiosity, when did the law change (or has it?) What I'm claiming definitely was the case only a few years ago.... time to investigate

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Tyburn Road in brum has them or at least used to

The que of cars into JLR were ticketed for stopping on these while waiting to get into the car park.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

<pedant> *piqued* </pedant> 

Sorry. 

My man :thumb::D  I knew I wouldn't have to scroll too far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

That was the joke, I knew it would trigger plenty of people like mad :lol: 

Why I oughta

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

That was the joke, I knew it would trigger plenty of people like mad :lol: 

I'm not mad , just disappointed at you both for the use of a French phrase :) 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â