General Chat

AVFCLaura

44 minutes ago, BOF said:

I hope it wasn't a case that some precious little dickhead didn't like being nipped on the arse, and retaliated to the extent Daddy goose had to flee and was afraid to come back.

Maybe somebody said 'boo!' to it? 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2023 at 17:57, Wainy316 said:

Wait, have I been spelling it the American way my whole life?

I honestly think I've never seen the word "kerb" before in my life. If I had to guess, that would be the American spelling.

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I honestly think I've never seen the word "kerb" before in my life. If I had to guess, that would be the American spelling.

I've always used kerb for the edge of a road

Curb is a verb afaic

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Maybe I'm just misremembering. Also, how often does anyone write down the noun 'curb' / 'kerb'?

Anyway, when I was reading I agreed with @Wainy316.

We’re currently working on a development that is supposed to be fully accessible so we’re actively trying to curb the enthusiasm for kerbs.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Maybe I'm just misremembering. Also, how often does anyone write down the noun 'curb' / 'kerb'?

Anyway, when I was reading I agreed with @Wainy316.

158177791-6f98045a961.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Are they suggesting you stop to talk to a sex worker instead of just driving slowly along :D 

Double yellows, the Police have you got you either way.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Are they suggesting you stop to talk to a sex worker instead of just driving slowly along :D 

I thought they wanted people to drive slower. You can't win nowadays ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Genie said:

Double yellows, the Police have you got you either way.

Nope, you can legally stop to pick up and drop off on those double yellows. There are different sorts of double yellow lines, the no stopping at all ones have the double yellow ticks on the kerb. There are actually three different types. No ticks, single tick, double tick

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nope, you can legally stop to pick up and drop off on those double yellows. There are different sorts of double yellow lines, the no stopping at all ones have the double yellow ticks on the kerb. There are actually three different types. No ticks, single tick, double tick

I thought they did double red lines when it was no stopping, not noticed double yellows with then ticks on the kerbs

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought they did double red lines when it was no stopping, not noticed double yellows with then ticks on the kerbs

Double red lines, the Met can give you a pre emptive kicking if they think you might stop in the future.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Double reds are no stopping at all. It's a common misconception that double yellows mean no stopping, they mean no waiting (which is an entirely different thing)

Also, a city needs an Act of Parliament specific to that city to use double reds. It used to only be London that had one but Birmingham was granted one iirc in the lead up to a bid for a large event. As far as I know they are the only two cities allowed them. If you see them anywhere else, it’s nailed on that you are on private property.

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

Double reds are no stopping at all. It's a common misconception that double yellows mean no stopping, they mean no waiting (which is an entirely different thing)

Also, a city needs an Act of Parliament specific to that city to use double reds. It used to only be London that had one but Birmingham was granted one iirc in the lead up to a bid for a large event. As far as I know they are the only two cities allowed them. If you see them anywhere else, it’s nailed on that you are on private property.

Tyburn Road in brum has them or at least used to

See them around here all the time as they have somehow become native to Surrey , but on my home form work just now as I drove underneath the motorway bridge about 100 parakeets flew underneath the same bridge from the opposite direction

Somewhat bizarrely seeing as I was in a car , but I ducked  :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Tyburn Road in brum has them or at least used to

Stratford Road has them as well, but they still park on them. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â