General Chat

AVFCLaura

54 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We played that footy game with one goalie and everybody else playing as individuals, trying to score, but also preventing the others from scoring. Pretty sure it was called 'three and in', because you went in goal once you got your hattrick.

Yep, this.

I think (I'm not really sure) that we had a version where it was 3 misses and you went in goal - and you could only score with a volley, half volley or header - so it made us only try and score from good chances, 'cus if you missed (but not attempt saved) 3 times, then you'd have to go in goal, so it led to loads of setting other people up to score, as well (also called "headers and volleys", basically).

Also a game where you had one goal (no net) or Rugby goalposts and then 1 person each side of it - hit the crossbar and bounce back - 2 points, hit the bar and go over  - 1 point. Then you had to kick from wherever you intercepted the ball from.

And a game with a tennis ball (or other small ball). One person in front of the wire mesh panel thingy behind a tennis court, the other person in front of the corresponding wire mesh panel at the opposite end of the courts. Each person had to defend their panel from being hit, on the full, by the ball thrown by the other. You had to throw from just in front of your own panel - you couldn't get closer to the one you were attacking. Play for an hour or so, and it's be like 3-2 and both players arms hanging off.

• Like 1

Anyone been to Egypt? Thinking of getting a late deal for next month. Is it best to go to stick to places like, Cyprus, Canaries, Portugal, as I've heard Egypt (Sharm, Hurghada) is okay onsite, but it's a bit of a risk to venture outside the various resorts.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone been to Egypt? Thinking of getting a late deal for next month. Is it best to go to stick to places like, Cyprus, Canaries, Portugal, as I've heard Egypt (Sharm, Hurghada) is okay onsite, but it's a bit of a risk to venture outside the various resorts.

Sorry, not been but I've heard that there are a lot of people selling pyramid schemes to watch out for. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Been 6 times. Great if you are after a no nonsense sunshine break. Why would you want to go outside the resort? Sharm (Naama Bay) has far more options, as there is nothing in Hurghada. 

Its not like Spain or Portugal though. You're not going to find a bustling promenade or anything like that. 

• Like 1

Your leeky/hacky/acky/wanky 123  sounds a lot like the game we called Kick the Can in the US Midwest.  Place a coke can in the street and the finder closes his eyes and counts to 10.   When he finds someone he runs to the can and jumps over it and calls their name.  Anyone who can get to the can and kick it before the finder jumps over it and says their name frees everyone who's already been caught and they all run off again.   If everyone is caught, the first one caught becomes finder next.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Not that I've ever really thought about the spelling but you're throwing the ball against a curb

The bits at the side of the road are kerbs I think. The spelling curb is to stop doing something (I think, I’m sure someone will correct me quickly if not 🙂 )

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

That was called headers and volleys 

Yeah, I said that. We had a version of "3 and in" which was

1 hour ago, blandy said:

called "headers and volleys", basically

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

You know which one im gonna recommend 😂

7 hours ago, bickster said:

It was called Ackee 1-2-3 and anyone that disagrees is just wrong. Get with the Beat

Speaking about, what about Stuck in The Mud? Played in the circles of the school playground. Can't remember exactly but something to do with trying do dodge in and out of the circle and then someone would try to pull you in if they caught your arm or something. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â