General Chat

AVFCLaura

I will always wear one if going to the doctor or the pharmacy next to it.

I miss the days when you could call anyone a word removed (or at least mouth it) behind the safety of a mask.😃

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Was on the train yesterday and there was a woman in a face mask. Just looked so weird! Seems an age ago that it was mandatory and everyone was masked up. 

Covid feels like it was a dream now. 

I saw someone on the treadmill today at the gym wearing one. That cant be healthy...

Glad these days are behind us

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I saw someone on the treadmill today at the gym wearing one. That cant be healthy...

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep... Might as well grab someone's wrist and punch yourself in the face to win a pen.

• Haha 4

Probably wrong here but isn't part of the Asian face mask culture thing that you wear a face mask when you're ill? Stop you spreading your germs to everyone else

So maybe the woman on the train had rona but was still going to work

Same as for years now I've worked from home if I had man flu, didn't book a day off work but also didn't be the office martyr, covid hasn't changed that even if it's made it more commonplace

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Probably wrong here but isn't part of the Asian face mask culture thing that you wear a face mask when you're ill? Stop you spreading your germs to everyone else

So maybe the woman on the train had rona but was still going to work

Same as for years now I've worked from home if I had man flu, didn't book a day off work but also didn't be the office martyr, covid hasn't changed that even if it's made it more commonplace

Yeah, definitely a common thing in Asia. Both Covid and Norovirus doing the rounds here right now so a lot of students in my classes wearing masks either because they are sick or their roommates are sick. And some wear it because they have lots of spots or terrible teeth, I'm convinced of that. There are still a few students I've barely seen without a mask, 12 weeks into the semester. 

Rush keepers

It had never occurred to me that there was anything else to call this playground phenomena

Just read on topic @sheepyvillian and @HKP90 using 'rushbacks' and 'running goalie'.

and is rush keepers from rushbacks?

are there any more variants out there

Why have i never thought of this before in all my years?

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

Rush keepers

It had never occurred to me that there was anything else to call this playground phenomena

Just read on topic @sheepyvillian and @HKP90 using 'rushbacks' and 'running goalie'.

Wait until you get onto the subject of the childhood game that I always knew as 'Leekie-1,2,3'. Every street had a different name for that, as I found out in my late 30's after an abstract conversation with my Wife. She used to call it 'Hackey-1,2,3 btw', which is totally wrong, obvs. 

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Rush keepers

It was always “rush keeper” for me.

6 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Rush keepers

On another side note, did everyone used to call it 'Wembley' when you'd only got one goalie and one goal, but two teams? That was the standard game in my street. 

Edit- Why on earth did we call it that?

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

On another side note, did everyone used to call it 'Wembley' when you'd only got one goalie and one goal, but two teams? That was the standard game in my street. 

Edit- Why on earth did we call it that?

Wembley for us was when you’d have 1 keeper and then say 5 or 6 players all on their own. If you scored you went through to the next round. A bit like a football version of musical chairs. Last player to score was knocked out and then you’d play the next round.

There was also Wembley doubles with teams of 2.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Wembley for us was when you’d have 1 keeper and then say 5 or 6 players all on their own. If you scored you went through to the next round. A bit like a football version of musical chairs. Last player to score was knocked out and then you’d play the next round.

That's it, yes! Wembley, Wembley doubles, or Wembley teams. 

Completely unlike any games ever played at Wembley.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is my memory of wembley too.

As for leekie/hackie 123 I don't know that one tbh.

so I looked it up

is it this one?

One-two-three

Best for: Group of about 6 to 8.

What you need: A ball to play with, usually a hacky sack. You could also try with a bigger ball, like a soccer ball.

What it is: An outdoor group game, not terribly active, but it does involve kicking/catching/pegging

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47x787x73qjjyor5c6ov

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

This is my memory of wembley too.

As for leekie/hackie 123 I don't know that one tbh.

so I looked it up

is it this one?

One-two-three

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47x787x73qjjyor5c6ov

Haha, pegging? err No.

Game was like hide and seek. One person was on and counted to whatever, 60 seconds or something, while everyone would hide. 

Then the person who was on would come looking, and once they were far enough from the...lamp-post in our case, and you thought you could beat them, you would race them back to the pole. First one back would say 'leekie 1,2,3 and the person's name', and you would either be out, or you would survive to hide next round. If you were out you might be the person looking next time, depending on if you lost at ip-dip. 

I was very good at Leekie. I could do the 100m in 13 or 14 seconds as a kid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Rush keepers

"Nearest Dearest" i.e. the player closest to the goal-line at any time can act as a goalie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

"Nearest Dearest" i.e. the player closest to the goal-line at any time can act as a goalie.

'Rushback keepers', or just 'rushbacks' for short for us. Same rules. Basically cos no-one wanted to be in goal. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â