General Chat

AVFCLaura

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

St David's day. Being half Welsh I was going to go to work wearing a leek but the bastard supermarkets are all out 😁

Plenty of daffodils this time of year

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I can't wait until some scientists somewhere link puns to dementia.

Hopefully that will stop this bollocks.

What puns? 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

this bollocks

That has just made me realise that the term bollocks when used as a synonym for nonsense etc. has become a different word to the slang for testicles it derives from.

It's become a singular word that just happens to have an s on the end.

5 hours ago, bickster said:

That has just made me realise that the term bollocks when used as a synonym for nonsense etc. has become a different word to the slang for testicles it derives from.

It's become a singular word that just happens to have an s on the end.

Its the greatest word in the English language

• Like 1

I have seen on the news for the past few days the case of Mark Gordan and Constance Marten. A couple who police were looking for with their child. Mark Gordon I believe moved to the US as a child and there he served time for rape and sexual battery before being sent back here upon his release in 2010. Now this is the part I havent been able to work out or find out about. A couple had a baby, and then took that baby. What crime (at that point) did they commit that warranted a police man hunt to ensue? I have avoided the Mail and The Sun so they may have said why but I cant fathom why there was a manhunt for them. 

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have seen on the news for the past few days the case of Mark Gordan and Constance Marten. A couple who police were looking for with their child. Mark Gordon I believe moved to the US as a child and there he served time for rape and sexual battery before being sent back here upon his release in 2010. Now this is the part I havent been able to work out or find out about. A couple had a baby, and then took that baby. What crime (at that point) did they commit that warranted a police man hunt to ensue? I have avoided the Mail and The Sun so they may have said why but I cant fathom why there was a manhunt for them. 

I’m not sure but didn’t they both get arrested on Monday and the baby is nowhere to be seen and the manhunt is for the baby?

Edited by Follyfoot

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I’m not sure but didn’t they both get arrested on Monday and the baby is nowhere to be seen and the manhunt is for the baby?

That's correct from what I read, but I haven't been able to see why the search for them and the child started in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

That's correct from what I read, but I haven't been able to see why the search for them and the child started in the first place. 

Apparently they burnt out their car and disappeared with the child and went off the grid, causing concern for the child’s welfare. No idea or not, if that is a crime, but I would imagine burning out a car would be.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Initially as a missing persons case (as car was found burnt out) and then became child neglect. 

It would seem as though the baby is sadly likely to be dead now. They're staying silent as to the whereabouts. 

We need some MI5 interrogation tactics to get them to talk. 

• Like 1

It started as a missing persons case with elements of concern for welfare. They lived in London but disappeared whilst she was pregnant, the car was then found burnt out and there was a concern they were living rough with a baby - they were moving around the country and had been seen with a tent. Now they've been found and there's no baby, but they were seen with the baby shortly after the car was found, so at some point, the baby's missing.

She comes from money and he's by all accounts a pretty dodgy character so there's your justification for the police putting more effort into this than the average missing person, combined with the welfare issue.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It started as a missing persons case with elements of concern for welfare. They lived in London but disappeared whilst she was pregnant, the car was then found burnt out and there was a concern they were living rough with a baby - they were moving around the country and had been seen with a tent. Now they've been found and there's no baby, but they were seen with the baby shortly after the car was found, so at some point, the baby's missing.

She comes from money and he's by all accounts a pretty dodgy character so there's your justification for the police putting more effort into this than the average missing person, combined with the welfare issue.

Always looking for the narrative??

He was still being monitored and had to sign n to the local police station on certain dates and failed to do so. If your daughter is known to be hanging around with a known offender and goes missing, it's put on priority, nothing to do with wealth of the family??. They have now both been arrested for gross negligence manslaughter.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I mean. Imagine if they didn't Search and the baby was just found dead. There would be hell to pay for the police.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Initially as a missing persons case (as car was found burnt out) and then became child neglect. 

It would seem as though the baby is sadly likely to be dead now. They're staying silent as to the whereabouts. 

We need some MI5 interrogation tactics to get them to talk. 

My Mrs said they should torture the location from them 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â