General Chat

AVFCLaura

On 21/02/2023 at 19:34, El Zen said:

The strangest thing happened today. I was visiting my grandmother in the care home, and one of the staff asked me a question, which I answered in what, in my head at least, sounded like my normal Norwegian accent. The staff member gave me a slightly surprised look and asked «oh, are you Dutch?» I just said «eh, no?» and she said «oh, ok» and that was that. 

ik heb geen idee wat er is gebeurd 🤷‍♂️

Ik ook niet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, will87 said:

So a woman has been convicted of manslaughter for aggressively gesturing at an elderly cyclist, thoughts?

If he was a cyclist he probably deserved it. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

What happend to "Sticks and stones" etc ?

The video of the incident shows the pedestrian blocking the way of the cyclist at close range, causing her to swerve onto the road and be hit by a car. It wasn’t just that she shouted at the cyclist, it was the deliberate action to cause the cyclist to swerve.

Just now, blandy said:

The video of the incident shows the pedestrian blocking the way of the cyclist at close range, causing her to swerve onto the road and be hit by a car. It wasn’t just that she shouted at the cyclist, it was the deliberate action to cause the cyclist to swerve.

In that case the pedestrian deserves all she gets.

It's tragic they fell into the road, but being found guilty of a crime for telling a cyclist to get off the pavement and gesturing to the road? Having watched the video that seems like absolute madness to me.

Just now, Davkaus said:

It's tragic they fell into the road, but being found guilty of a crime for telling a cyclist to get off the pavement and gesturing to the road? Having watched the video that seems like absolute madness to me.

Not to me. She caused the cyclist to swerve into the path of an oncoming car, deliberately and being able to see the car

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

I guess there's two things that would need to be considered, was it a deliberate action, and is it a reasonably foreseeable outcome of that action for the cyclist to fall into the road.

My initial thought on viewing it was that the pedestrian, who's noted to have cerebral palsy, had an unsteady gait far before the cyclist approached, and it's quite a narrow pavement.

The court will have heard far more detail though so shouldn't get too outraged from a short clip and article.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

A question a friend asked:

Who was the footballer who escaped two players by lifting the ball out with both feet in the late 90’s?

I can see it, but can’t think who it was…

cuahtemoc blanco

• Thanks 1

I missed this last night, which has kinda peed me off but.... there's a good chance of it happening tonight too, so thats cheered me up. That beach is just across the golf course from our house

Definitely going for a walk in the dark tonight

SEI_146016578-8a12.jpg?quality=90&strip=

• Shocked 1

So today our receptionist asked if I walked past a post box on the way home and wouldn't mind putting the post in it for her.  I said sure (certain I did). 

So from 103 Colmore Row to Snowhill Station, I walked the whole length of Colmore Row, the beating heart of Birminghams business district and there isn't a sing frigging postbox anywhere. 

I nearly missed my bloody train and had to actually bring them home with me and post them in Shirley. 

Bonkers. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â