General Chat

AVFCLaura

I see Hyundai have started a TV ad campaign to try and get British people to pronounce it correctly - H'yundee, instead of High-un-dye. 

Wasting their time. We're not going to say Jag-war or Ick-ay-ah, either. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I see Hyundai have started a TV ad campaign to try and get British people to pronounce it correctly - H'yundee, instead of High-un-dye. 

The Romanisation of it is the problem.  It should be Hyundae as it is written in Korean.

On 23/12/2022 at 20:15, Xela said:

Briefly touched on it in the Christmas thread, but things have developed and my Nan passed away last night. All happened rather suddenly. She was ill - heart problems and a suspected sarcoma in her arm (she refused treatment). She took a turn for the worse a few days back and was admitted into a palliative care home. She died a few hours later. I think she was happy to go. She feared a long and painful drawn out death and it was her wish that when the time comes, it happens quickly. She got her wish! So, thats a comfort, at least. 

Obviously Mom is upset, more so with the speed of how things moved, but it was probably the best way it could have happened. Christmas will be a subdued one for the family now. 

Sorry to hear bud 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've never once called a pair of trainers Niykee either. I don't give a shit how they pronounce it. I'll call them Niyk thankyouverymuch. 

And **** shkodaah too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've never once called a pair of trainers Niykee either. I don't give a shit how they pronounce it. I'll call them Niyk thankyouverymuch. 

And **** shkodaah too. 

Porsche/Porsh-a 

• Like 1

Can anyone recommend places to park outside of North London with a tube station? Ideally on a line which runs into King’s cross station. 

The plan is to leave the car there on a Saturday morning, head into London until around tea time on Sunday and then drive back. 

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ideally on a line which runs into King’s cross station.

Oddly specific given the relatively short walking distance between Euston / St Pancras / Kings Cross and that Kings Cross serves the ECML

Surely somewhere on the WCML would be better for your geographic location?

On 23/12/2022 at 20:15, Xela said:

Briefly touched on it in the Christmas thread, but things have developed and my Nan passed away last night. All happened rather suddenly. She was ill - heart problems and a suspected sarcoma in her arm (she refused treatment). She took a turn for the worse a few days back and was admitted into a palliative care home. She died a few hours later. I think she was happy to go. She feared a long and painful drawn out death and it was her wish that when the time comes, it happens quickly. She got her wish! So, thats a comfort, at least. 

Obviously Mom is upset, more so with the speed of how things moved, but it was probably the best way it could have happened. Christmas will be a subdued one for the family now. 

Only just seen this. 

Sorry for your loss, Alex. May she truly rest in peace. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oddly specific given the relatively short walking distance between Euston / St Pancras / Kings Cross and that Kings Cross serves the ECML

Surely somewhere on the WCML would be better for your geographic location?

Yep, Euston, King’s cross/ St Pancras all good.

Somewhere like Watford Junction looks like it might do it. Drive there, park, get tube into Euston/Kings Cross area where I’m looking to stay. Just spotted Premier Inn St Pancras do family rooms and right between those 2 stations, perfick.

Does anyone have any experience of stations in that area where I can leave my car safely for a fair price?

Edited by Genie

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, Euston, King’s cross/ St Pancras all good.

Somewhere like Watford Junction looks like it might do it. Drive there, park, get tube into Euston/Kings Cross area where I’m looking to stay. Just spotted Premier Inn St Pancras do family rooms and right between those 2 stations, perfick.

Does anyone have any experience of stations in that area where I can leave my car safely for a fair price?

Stanmore is a normal recomendation, its at the end of the Jubilee line, you should be able to get to Euston by changing for the Metropolitan Line at Wembley Park which will take you to Euston Square or Kings X / St Pancras

Theres an NCP car park at Stanmore (Its there because of the Tube Station) and you can pre-book for discounts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Stanmore is a normal recomendation, its at the end of the Jubilee line, you should be able to get to Euston by changing for the Metropolitan Line at Wembley Park which will take you to Euston Square or Kings X / St Pancras

Theres an NCP car park at Stanmore (Its there because of the Tube Station) and you can pre-book for discounts

The NCP website isn’t currently playing ball, keeps telling me no car parks available. I’ll keep trying.

Theres a very cheap spot near Wembley Park, anyone used Just Park before?

F266-A0-D6-D7-E1-40-F0-87-D3-12202-EC310

Edit: Just noticed next to Wembley Park station there’s an Asda with a bookable car park. £25 for the 2 days and will be convenient if we need to buy anything or fill up the car.

I think I have a plan then! I’ll run it by the Mrs later, and wait for her to say she doesn’t want to go :lol: 

Edited by Genie

On 24/12/2022 at 18:21, foreveryoung said:

Pear Harbour is on right now, not a bad film that.

"Give it to me straight, like pear cider thats made from 100% pears"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Can anyone recommend places to park outside of North London with a tube station? Ideally on a line which runs into King’s cross station. 

The plan is to leave the car there on a Saturday morning, head into London until around tea time on Sunday and then drive back. 

Get the train from Tamworth - much easier and less hassle. 

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Get the train from Tamworth - much easier and less hassle. 

I’ve spent some time looking into that. It’s expensive, I can’t find a return fare for the Sunday, I’ll probably end up stood next to the smelly toilet for 90 mins and they’ll probably **** me over with a strike or maintenance at the 11th hour. 

With 4 of us going it’s cheaper and less hassle to drive down to Wembley tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Stanmore is where I usually park, and will be mid month. Easy to get to and ample parking. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â