General Chat

AVFCLaura

So back to the postal system. Havent had a letter in about 3 **** weeks. Royal mail delivered a package today and i asked th post man whats going on with the letters? He said only been instructed to deliver packages! Unbelievable 

So i can expect my  xmas cards to arrive perfectly timed for Easter  🐣 

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He said only been instructed to deliver packages! Unbelievable 

Not really, they have to deal with the "Next Day Before 1pm" post first, then deliver the letters.

It happened to us this week. We got an unexpected parcel that was NDB1 (Cheeses from the Bro-in-law) The postie explained it to me, even though I didn't ask. I presume plenty of others asked on his round before he got to ours

Tell your friends to pony up for the more expensive service if you want your xmas cards early :mrgreen:

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Tell your friends to pony up for the more expensive service if you want your xmas cards early :mrgreen:

Yeah might be a good idea ill get the xmas cards by valentines day instead of easter then 😄

Edited by Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Xann said:

£105 return to Torquay from London to see an Aunt for the afternoon.

The train didn't even make it to the connection.

1699087202_qptf0lenxcx71copy.jpg.ccdeac7200f28d074581933895021415.jpg

That's it, I'm moving to Russia. 

• Haha 1

There's apparently a scam called brushing where people send out unsolicited products to somehow use it to boost their reviews on Amazon, all I know is I've got 3 separate deliveries of a Dave Grohl colouring book and I don't really know what to do with them

image.png.596fb4a5c4f4208b6c7a103280984f74.png

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's apparently a scam called brushing where people send out unsolicited products to somehow use it to boost their reviews on Amazon, all I know is I've got 3 separate deliveries of a Dave Grohl colouring book and I don't really know what to do with them

image.png.596fb4a5c4f4208b6c7a103280984f74.png

Obviously you colour them in.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Before you start filling in the picture, just think of the colour and the shape.

Little Foo fighters joke there, as it happens I’ve never listened to that album.

Well you should, it's a banger!  Hit their peak with their second album (first as an actual band).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Well you should, it's a banger!  Hit their peak with their second album (first as an actual band).

Really great album. Played it to death in my late teens and early twenties and my taste has since evolved slightly, but it’s a great album. 

(And a very good joke @Mark Albrighton)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Briefly touched on it in the Christmas thread, but things have developed and my Nan passed away last night. All happened rather suddenly. She was ill - heart problems and a suspected sarcoma in her arm (she refused treatment). She took a turn for the worse a few days back and was admitted into a palliative care home. She died a few hours later. I think she was happy to go. She feared a long and painful drawn out death and it was her wish that when the time comes, it happens quickly. She got her wish! So, thats a comfort, at least. 

Obviously Mom is upset, more so with the speed of how things moved, but it was probably the best way it could have happened. Christmas will be a subdued one for the family now. 

God bless her soul mate, Mrs lost her uncle last weekend, we are having the same, Stay strong fella

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Xela said:

Briefly touched on it in the Christmas thread, but things have developed and my Nan passed away last night. All happened rather suddenly. She was ill - heart problems and a suspected sarcoma in her arm (she refused treatment). She took a turn for the worse a few days back and was admitted into a palliative care home. She died a few hours later. I think she was happy to go. She feared a long and painful drawn out death and it was her wish that when the time comes, it happens quickly. She got her wish! So, thats a comfort, at least. 

Obviously Mom is upset, more so with the speed of how things moved, but it was probably the best way it could have happened. Christmas will be a subdued one for the family now. 

Sorry to hear that mate but glad you've found some solace she got her wish. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

Really sorry to hear about your Nan. Take care dude.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

So sorry to hear about your loss, Alex.  There' no good time, but Christmas is particularly bad.  I hope you and your family are able to find room for some happy memories amidst the grief.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

So sorry Alex. My very best to you and your family.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â