General Chat

AVFCLaura

2 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

May have got the person/time/place wrong but i think @tonyh29 may have said he applied in July and recently got his. So it is about 10 weeks.

Mine was a replacement after I sent it on a trip around the washing machine .. It took about 4 weeks all in 

12 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Anyone know where the looped riff used for this song comes from? I keep thinking disco era, or maybe 90s house music? Driving me bonkers. I know it's definitely not original. It might be part of a transitional section of a song, but I don't think so? 

I made the mistake of listening to that and it's doing my head in trying to work out what it is.  I'm thinking early 2000s?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I made the mistake of listening to that and it's doing my head in trying to work out what it is.  I'm thinking early 2000s?

It’s like a curse. 😬😬😬 I’ve been tortured with it for almost 24 hours now. I believe it’s like a case of the hiccups that’s not going to end until I die. But I’m glad you mentioned that early 2000s. I’m trying to remember some house music from the era or maybe some early chillwave or Goldfrapp, or something like that? I’ve also wondered if it was some kind of advert or a loop on GarageBand.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

On 09/10/2022 at 10:54, bickster said:

I reckon it's actually a 70's home improvement. Very popular in the '70s to serve your prawn cocktail though at a dinner Party. Height of sophistication they were

Pff, so working class. This is the height of British sophistication.

0044_Cheese-and-Pineapple-Starter.jpg

41 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Pff, so working class. This is the height of British sophistication.

0044_Cheese-and-Pineapple-Starter.jpg

and anyway, I'll see your cheese and pineapple on a stick and raise you a vol-au-vent for the ultimate in sophisticated '70s party food ;)

shutterstock_90431461-1024x683.jpg

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

and anyway, I'll see your cheese and pineapple on a stick and raise you a vol-au-vent for the ultimate in sophisticated '70s party food ;)

;shutterstock_90431461-1024x683.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: One day, the world will stand up together to applaud the wonders of British food culture, and when that day comes, I will be investing in Fray Bentos.  

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: One day, the world will stand up together to applaud the wonders of British food culture, and when that day comes, I will be investing in Fray Bentos.  

The Cuban leader thats been in power since the revolution in 1959?

Spoiler

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

shutterstock_90431461-1024x683.jpg

And I hope you annunciate the "t" at the end in full aspiring middle class style!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

By the way, thanks to Liz, HP Sauce is a dollar cheaper at my local grocer in Pennsylvania. See? Always look on the bright ...

It's a Dutch imposter these days

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Your local has HP? blimey - I have to go to World Market!

Yes, there's a regional better grocer called Wegmans -- no apostrophe -- in upstate New York and eastern Pennsylvania and I think Maryland that has an international aisle with popular foods from around the world arranged by country. It's pretty basic. Nothing I really want too badly, but the sort of predictable stuff older expats supposedly clamor for -- Bisto, tins of mushy peas, Flakes, Wheatabix, etc. What I wish I could get is gross stuff like pork pies and tinned meat pies, but that stuff has to come home in a suitcase from Britain --- actually, I don't think they let the pork pies through at all. My branch of the family used to receive care packages from relatives in England as far back as the 1960s, but now I just get my own since my dad fully indoctrinated me and so it's a necessity.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Drake has become the first artist to surpass 50 billion streams on Spotify and I can’t name one song by him 😎

Me neither.

522x0

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â