General Chat

AVFCLaura

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Reiterate the position that she left on a certain date and that she won't be repaying any money. It's not her fault that they have lost the paperwork. 

They'll stop chasing. They're not going to pursue it any further when they have no paperwork/proof, and especially for such a nominal amount. 

I’m amazed they’ve bothered chasing this long, it must have cost them several times what their mistake was for.

15 hours ago, Genie said:

She handed in a letter to her supervisor to confirm she was leaving

Does she have a copy - even just a computer file copy she could print off?

If she wrote it on a computer, even if it's been deleted, it might be recoverable from a back up on the computer or external drive?

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Does she have a copy - even just a computer file copy she could print off?

If she wrote it on a computer, even if it's been deleted, it might be recoverable from a back up on the computer or external drive?

Yeah she should have it. 

The whole thing is a mess but this major company really shouldn’t be harassing her for money they paid in error when they don’t really know when she left.

Their latest email basically confirms they don’t know what has happened, when she left, the supervisor has since left so they can’t find out from her what happened.

Whenever I have left a job I got a letter confirming my last day and final pay / unused holiday etc. It seems like none of that happened. She was out due to furlough, left, they paid her some money which they say was a mistake and want it back. She believes it to be her final pay. They don’t seem to have documentation confirming when they believe she left. They said she needs to go into the store to talk to the store management if she believes she left after they think she did. I said no way. 

I basically told her to write back and tell them they are harassing her (it’s been going on 12 months) and that if they don’t drop their pursuit she’s going to take legal advice due to stress / anxiety etc (all true). 

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

She needs to write back and say she doesn’t have paperwork to prove it, but they still owe her £232 could they pay within 4 weeks please or prove they don’t have to.

Exactly, that’s where I was leading. They’re taking the piss demanding money without any kind of supporting evidence.

https://www.livescience.com/killer-whale-great-white-shark-killing-spree

Orca Whales killing Great White Sharks and completely flipping an ecosystem. 

In the waters off of South Africa, a killer whale killing spree is raging.

Since 2017, a pair of male orcas (Orcinus orca) have slaughtered at least eight great white sharks (Carcharodon carcharias) near the Gansbaai coast, tearing the fearsome fish apart and eating their livers in all but one case. Some of the sharks — which scientists periodically find dead and shredded on nearby beaches — were even missing their hearts.

Such grisly displays aren't that unusual for orcas, which have been observed killing everything from tiny fish to burly sharks, sea lions and even blue whales. But rarely have the violent escapades of two individual whales had such a clear and immediate impact on their habitat, say the authors of a new study published Wednesday (June 29) in the African Journal of Marine Science.

• Like 2

Shooting in Denmark looks grim. word removed shot into crowds at a shopping centre.

Edit - Seems to be a genuine nutter. Got posted videos showing him 'practicing' suicide with various guns, one of which referenced an anti-psychotic not working, and video of him during the shooting has him shouting 'it's not real'.

Which begs the question, why is someone who is obviously completely nuts able to get firearms?

Edited by Chindie

I went in to a shop on Oxford Street on the weekend to buy a cable for a phone. Walked in picked up what I needed, flipped the box over and its £30.

’**** that’ was my review, I’d rather run out of battery than pay £30. As I’m putting it back on the rack a voice behind me says ‘they are good cables’.

Well, maybe, but £30 is out of my range, thanks. At which point he offers me a special one off 50% discount. Which I decline. So he says I can have it for £10, and I tell him if it had been a tenner to start I’d have bought it, but now, I’d rather go somewhere else. Off I go, smug that I haven’t been scammed on Oxford Street.

1 minute up the road, around a corner and there’s a branch of Ryman’s. Charger cable, £8.99 Absolute complete victory.

I guess the scam shop guy on Oxford Street doesn’t actually need to sell that many if some punters just pay what it says on the box. 

On the same walk, we spotted an icecream vendor in Hyde Park, when the kids were small they were amazed when I bought some ice creams and then once I had the ice creams I asked if we could have free chocolate flakes. The guy had a think and said yes! Free upgrade to a 99. So out of a sense of nostalgia I thought I wonder if I could do that again. Walked up to the guy, Magnums were £3.50, so I asked if I could have two for a fiver. ‘yeah, no problem’. two magnums for a fiver in Hyde Park on a hot day.

Later on, I had a coffee, sat outside in the sun, directly opposite the House of Lords. £2.50

This ‘London weighting’ stuff is a bloody scam, it’s more expensive in Worcester.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Later on, I had a coffee, sat outside in the sun, directly opposite the House of Lords. £2.50

You told them you were Lord Chris Barry of the Spurious Isles and they applied the discount?

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

You told them you were Lord Chris Barry of the Spurious Isles and they applied the discount?

It would be wrong for someone once in the Barry Island Republican Army (B.I.R.A.) to take a Lordship.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It would be wrong for someone once in the Barry Island Republican Army (B.I.R.A.) to take a Lordship.

You sure it was an army and not just an organisation?

• Like 1

Not much use whilst out and about, but you’d get 4 or 5 of any charger cables delivered for £8.99 via Amazon. 

Plus you could feel happy you’re making the world richest man a bit closer to visiting Mars.

Talking of cables... our work issued phones are iphones (8, SE or XR). At a push I'd say at least 50% of the personal phones on the floor are iphones as well. 

Every time i'm in the office all I hear in the background is "anyone got an iphone charger?" or "can i borrow your iphone charger" or any such variant of that. I always keep a spare in my work bag as I have a few of them at home due to various devices. It annoys me that other people aren't as organised. When they borrow it, they never bring it back, I have to go over to their desk and get it at the end of the day. 

Makes me angrier than it should. I've reached the point now where I'll fully charge both my phones in the morning and not take it in! 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â