General Chat

AVFCLaura

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I keep seeing clips of the Amber Heard / Johnny Depp trial. Is it real? It looks like a fake comedy TV trial like Judge Rinder or Judge Judy.

Depp is laughing his head off. The cross examination and questioning is hilariously bad too. It’s very bizarre.

Was about to say it does seem abit like judge rinder. Heard just like a psychopath i dont know why

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

I keep seeing clips of the Amber Heard / Johnny Depp trial. Is it real? It looks like a fake comedy TV trial like Judge Rinder or Judge Judy.

Depp is laughing his head off. The cross examination and questioning is hilariously bad too. It’s very bizarre.

I don't really understand all of the background, and I'm probably being fed one side of the story by youtube algorithms etc, but Heard's lawyers seem to be consistently making a fool of themselves.

I watched a 20 minute video of them questioning a psychologist and it was pretty much constantly them saying 

"Do you agree that X shows Y?"

and her replying "I do not agree"

"Isn't it true that you said this?""

"No, that's not true"

"And doesn't this show that he is this and she is that?"

"No it does not"

"and didn't you say that this happened then?"

"No I did not"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

After I retrained in IT, I only ever had two employers. I did three years as a programmer in a software house/bureau (servicing the London reinsurance market), and then moved to Bradford Uni - where I stayed for 28 years, until retirement. Meanwhile, my wife (also in IT, but in the private sector) changed jobs a few times, being made redundant twice. I had security of tenure and guaranteed annual pay rises through a fixed scale system, so it made sense for me to stick where I was. Plus, my roles changed enough over the years to keep things interesting - programmer, systems analyst, database designer, trainer, project manager, etc. Most of my colleagues were great (one or two dickheads, but that's inevitable), to the point that some became lifelong friends. Unfortunately, I think that scenario is pretty much gone in today's ruthless hire and fire world. 

I've been in my current job for 21 years albeit there have been 3 different company names on the office door.  There are a fair few of the original guys knocking about though it's thinned out over the last couple of years but mainly by retirement. 

There are far more 15 yearers about from the second version though or newbies as I call them. 

Current office is an amalgamation of 3 different companies and some of the other entities have more long timers. 

It's helped that all 3 companies were at the core good companies, well run and quality outfits that were about the best in the business and people were happy to work for, especially good people. 

I've been incredibly lucky because the journey has been from a single office privately owned company to a large national company basically acquiring those kind of operations to a global mega corporation (but actually ultimately still family owned and feels like it) so I've essentially been in the right place at the right time each time. 

Unless there are major changes I can see a number of people making 30 - 40 years. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

My dad had bought him one of these Happy Birthday wishes you can get online, it was Andy Gray.

I thought at first it'll be all informal  wishing happy birthday and that was it. But Gray was great in the short video you get. Wished happy birthday from Dubai, mentioned my dad's name and spoke about the 1974 Cup final for about 3 minutes, saying he knew my dad was there ( you can give info prior to booking) and what a day it was, all quite touching. Not sure they would all be like this,  but seemed very personal from Andy Gray, was a great gift.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

My dad had bought him one of these Happy Birthday wishes you can get online, it was Andy Gray.

I thought at first it'll be all informal  wishing happy birthday and that was it. But Gray was great in the short video you get. Wished happy birthday from Dubai, mentioned my dad's name and spoke about the 1974 Cup final for about 3 minutes, saying he knew my dad was there ( you can give info prior to booking) and what a day it was, all quite touching. Not sure they would all be like this,  but seemed very personal from Andy Gray, was a great gift.

We get some of these ironically as a prize for our fantasy football league. Basically whichever is cheapest.

First year we got Marcus Bent. He was absolutely shit and the video even cut out halfway through and he'd obviously not even bothered checking.

Year after we did Paul Parker and he was brilliant. Read the sort of script we gave him, ad lib'd a bit and was great. 

Both hilarious in their own way

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We get some of these ironically as a prize for our fantasy football league. Basically whichever is cheapest.

First year we got Marcus Bent. He was absolutely shit and the video even cut out halfway through and he'd obviously not even bothered checking.

Year after we did Paul Parker and he was brilliant. Read the sort of script we gave him, ad lib'd a bit and was great. 

Both hilarious in their own way

Was just looking, Louie Spence would be a funny one. 😂

6 hours ago, Genie said:

The 'woe is me' face Heard keeps pulling is funny. She seems absolutely batshit crazy. 

Depp is a weirdo as well, but we've known that for years. 

45 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Who was the VTer with the penchant pour le caca? 
(sure they’re pleased to hear she’s available now!) 

Voinjama 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People ways talking about terrible 80's fashion and in particular shell suits. 

At Villa Park on Saturday I saw this lad walking away from the ground in the most ridiculous track suit that was every bit as bad as any shell suit I ever saw. Walk around the streets or shops and you'll see hundreds of people wearing marl grey joggers and various other awful looking "sportswear" 

How are people going to look back at the 2010's - 2020's and talk about the fashions? 

Edited by sidcow

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

At Villa Park on Saturday I saw this lad walking away from the ground in the most ridiculous track suit that was every bit as bad as any shell suit I ever saw. Walk around the streets or shops and you'll see hundreds of people wearing marl joggers and various other awful looking "sportswear" 

How are people going to look back at the 2010's - 2020's and talk about the fashions? 

They ran out of material for socks and full length trousers

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

The 'woe is me' face Heard keeps pulling is funny. She seems absolutely batshit crazy. 

Depp is a weirdo as well, but we've known that for years. 

All the hotties are bonkers. you should know that by now @Xela

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

All the hotties are bonkers. you should know that by now @Xela

It's why I only ever went out with ugly birds....... Honest😢

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's why I only ever went out with ugly birds....... Honest😢

The uglies tend to be nicer to you, as they know they have struck gold. 😂

The hotties know they can pull a new bloke in the local Tesco express sameday.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

At Villa Park on Saturday I saw this lad walking away from the ground in the most ridiculous track suit that was every bit as bad as any shell suit I ever saw. Walk around the streets or shops and you'll see hundreds of people wearing marl grey joggers and various other awful looking "sportswear" 

I think that's just timeless chav fashion.  I wore that shit throughout my schooldays in the 90s until I went to 6th form and everyone had to start wearing jeans to be cool.  I suppose the thickos that didn't go on to further education stayed in their chav gear.  I sound a bit of a snob, I know.

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My cousins fellas Sunday best clobber will be a marl grey lacsoste tracksuit, cp company or the like tshirt and a pair of Nike something or others

To me it looks like teenagers clothes but it's probably pushing £400 worth, it's not cheap stuff

The likes of Hugo boss are getting more and more in to it, was looking earlier and one caught my eye because it was a nice colour, £310 tracksuit with a matching £80 tshirt and £100 bumbag

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â