General Chat

AVFCLaura

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Her lawyer though. Jeez. Maybe I'm only getting the bad bits, the bits that go viral, but man he sounds like he doesn't really know what he's doing. You'd think she could do better than that. Especially in a justice system where you're only as innocent as you can afford.

'Hearsay your Honor'

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Boris Becker jailed for 2yrs 6 months for hiding assets to avoid paying off his debts.

Katie Price next for the big house please! 

Tommy Robinson is also high on that wish list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Boris Becker jailed for 2yrs 6 months for hiding assets to avoid paying off his debts.

Katie Price next for the big house please! 

I imagine the acoustics will probably affect his Wimbledon punditry.

• Haha 1

My Mrs has received a letter from the police for a driving offence. It states she has driven "without consideration for other road users", but don't actually say what the offence is?  It was 0728 in the morning when she was returning from a shift at work, she has no idea what it's for also. I would not blame her for anything as generally when I have been with her, she drives like Miss daisy.

I have never seen this before and was wondering if anyone else has ever received one.  I would think we need information of the offence before accepting any liability, as it don't say what it's actually for.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

My Mrs has received a letter from the police for a driving offence. It states she has driven "without consideration for other road users", but don't actually say what the offence is?  It was 0728 in the morning when she was returning from a shift at work, she has no idea what it's for also. I would not blame her for anything as generally when I have been with her, she drives like Miss daisy.

I have never seen this before and was wondering if anyone else has ever received one.  I would think we need information of the offence before accepting any liability, as it don't say what it's actually for.

CD10 - Driving without due care and attention. It's a catch all offence and could be a whole heap of things such as but not limited to

• Vehicle used for the carriage of heavy goods or for the carriage of passengers for reward
  • Tiredness or driving whilst unwell
  • Driving contrary to medical advice (including written advice from the drug manufacturer not to drive when taking any medicine)
  • Fiddling with the radio or infotainment
  • Setting the sat nav
  • Reading a map (or anything else)
  • Eating or drinking at the wheel
  • Adjusting your seating position
  • Allowing yourself to be distracted by passengers in the car
  • Driving aggressively
  • Tailgating
  • Overtaking on the left-hand side
  • Lane-hogging
  • Not giving way where appropriate
  • Swerving across lanes
  • Using the wrong lane at a roundabout

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Sounds like a scam. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

CD10 - Driving without due care and attention. It's a catch all offence and could be a whole heap of things such as but not limited to

• Vehicle used for the carriage of heavy goods or for the carriage of passengers for reward
  • Tiredness or driving whilst unwell
  • Driving contrary to medical advice (including written advice from the drug manufacturer not to drive when taking any medicine)
  • Fiddling with the radio or infotainment
  • Setting the sat nav
  • Reading a map (or anything else)
  • Eating or drinking at the wheel
  • Adjusting your seating position
  • Allowing yourself to be distracted by passengers in the car
  • Driving aggressively
  • Tailgating
  • Overtaking on the left-hand side
  • Lane-hogging
  • Not giving way where appropriate
  • Swerving across lanes
  • Using the wrong lane at a roundabout

So where's the proof? Which one are we actually admitting to?

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Sounds iffy. With stuff where the driver is not actually pulled over, the letter would have stuff in it in form format - like “were you the driver at this time and place” and stuff. And there is the opportunity to view the evidence/ request the evidence. There’s also a contact number and stuff. Google it and see if it matches the genuine police force number, or ring the police and ask them whether the letter is a scam. Oh and also there’s nothing in genuine police notices about fines.

All that from memory, as it’s been a long time since I got caught (for speeding).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yep, I’d be asking for proof.

It's a weird one. In all my years driving I have never seen this type of offence. It says the usual, confirm who was driving and "we intend to take action against the driver of that vehicle".  For what????

"committing the offence of. Drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road/in a public place without reasonable consideration to road users".

Vehicle speed (zero)

If we provide the information requested,  we may be eligible to attend a educational course instead of paying a fine and having penalty points??

It's not clear at all.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

committing the offence of. Drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road/in a public place without reasonable consideration to road users

If that’s the exact wording and spelling, it’s highly dubious - because of the bad grammar.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Driving without Due Care and Attention is often based on a police officers opinion and the courts nearly always side with the Officer

But they need video evidence, or have pulled you over on the road side.

Just noticed the offence is from 21/03/2022, which I believe is out of date anyway, as it need to be within 30 days of the offence. Letter is dated 26/04/2022

Just now, foreveryoung said:

But they need video evidence, or have pulled you over on the road side.

Just noticed the offence is from 21/03/2022, which I believe is out of date anyway, as it need to be within 30 days of the offence. Letter is dated 26/04/2022

Those rules are for speed cameras

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Those rules are for speed cameras

True, but given that the claim includes 

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Vehicle speed (zero)

Some evidence of the driver doing a bad thing has to be available to the person who may be prosecuted - whether a photo, or other evidence. Doing 0 is not really driving without consideration for…etc.

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

True, but given that the claim includes 

Some evidence of the driver doing a bad thing has to be available to the person who may be prosecuted - whether a photo, or other evidence. Doing 0 is not really driving without consideration for…etc.

If I find out this is for something minor caught on someones dash cam, an they have reported it, I'm gonna hunt them down. 😂

The worse the Mrs can think she has done, is going over a set of lights at a cross roads when you are stuck in the middle of the road.and they go to amber/red, I'm sure we have all done that many times. But can't imagine it being super busy 0730 in the morning to be a big issue.

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's a weird one. In all my years driving I have never seen this type of offence. It says the usual, confirm who was driving and "we intend to take action against the driver of that vehicle".  For what????

"committing the offence of. Drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on a road/in a public place without reasonable consideration to road users".

Vehicle speed (zero)

If we provide the information requested,  we may be eligible to attend a educational course instead of paying a fine and having penalty points??

It's not clear at all.

Aha! What you have is a NIP, notice of intended prosecution. They have to know who was in charge of the vehicle at the time. The first port of call is the registered keeper. They can’t show you any evidence until they know they are dealing with the person responsible for the offence

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

Aha! What you have is a NIP, notice of intended prosecution. They have to know who was in charge of the vehicle at the time. The first port of call is the registered keeper. They can’t show you any evidence until they know they are dealing with the person responsible for the offence

But it says to prove who was driving then we may get away with a educational course if not a fine and points. Usually with speeding they will show you a picture or the speed you was doing. This we have no idea what we have done. If providing info, we are as good as admitting the offence (what ever we did) are we not?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â