General Chat

AVFCLaura

47 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I dropped my Tablet in the bath 2 nights ago and the screen is totally ****. I'm going to go through the home insurance as I've got accidental cover.

Problem is, the tablet is worth £200 more than what I paid for it originally. Will they take that into consideration or will they just give me what the receipt says I paid for? Is it worth not including a photo of the receipt to avoid not getting enough to be able to rebuy the item? I've filled out the claim online and it doesn't ask how much I want to claim, only what I paid for the item(s).

What’s the excess? You’ll lose no claims bonus on future policies too. You’ll have to take this into consideration.

What tablet is it thats gone up £200 but isn’t waterproof?

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

What’s the excess? You’ll lose no claims bonus on future policies too. You’ll have to take this into consideration.

What tablet is it thats gone up £200 but isn’t waterproof?

£350

Galaxy S7+. I bought it cheaper on Black Friday

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I had wondered about that. It is stupid you can't actually book a slot on the day itself as well. That's going to encourage the spur of the moment people to just dump it somewhere. 

It's actually stupid that you have to book slots at all. This was all introduced as a COVID measure. I'm presuming your tip like everyone else's is outside, well being outside was ruled out as a source of mass transmission very early on. It's ludicrous that yours still are. Even our absolutely work-shy council abandonned it a long time ago

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's actually stupid that you have to book slots at all. This was all introduced as a COVID measure. I'm presuming your tip like everyone else's is outside, well being outside was ruled out as a source of mass transmission very early on. It's ludicrous that yours still are. Even our absolutely work-shy council abandonned it a long time ago

Maybe but I was very happy to turn up and drive straight in without a half hour wait. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Maybe but I was very happy to turn up and drive straight in without a half hour wait. 

At the back of our local tip is a little country road, it's not even in the same local authority as the tip which is feet away from the border. You should see the shite strewn along the road, it's no coincidence that its in the road behind the tip and its under a different authorities control and for that authority in the middle of absolutely nowhere

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Looks like the Elon Musk Twitter buy is actually happening. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Elon Musk is a bond villain.  His mask will drop eventually. This is obviously his Carver Corporation angle. 

He'll be demanding 10 Trillion Dollars from the world's government's for some evil threat sooner rather than later. 

tenor.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Elon Musk is a bond villain.  His mask will drop eventually. This is obviously his Carver Corporation angle. 

He'll be demanding 10 Trillion Dollars from the world's government's for some evil threat sooner rather than later. 

tenor.gif

Yeah I get a really bad feeling from him.

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’ll do something mental like allow Trump back.

edit: Page break, were talking if Musk completes his purchase of Twitter 

I was just going to comment that he would demand $10 trillion from world governments to keep from letting Trump back on.

Call for action over gangs of seagulls prowling Swansea streets, tearing into black bags and covering roads with rubbish

Wales Online

Dog left smeared in 'human poo' after closed toilet leaves beachgoers caught short

Benji's owner blamed the incident on the closure of the only public toilet in the area

Wales Online

And that's todays news, from Wales.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Why couldn’t Benji’s owner wait til he got home like most normal people, instead of wiping his arse on his dog. 

Was Benji a shih-tzu or a poodle? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

This Depp/Heard trial is engrossing. What a horrible woman.

Her lawyer though. Jeez. Maybe I'm only getting the bad bits, the bits that go viral, but man he sounds like he doesn't really know what he's doing. You'd think she could do better than that. Especially in a justice system where you're only as innocent as you can afford.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â