General Chat

AVFCLaura

The first time I got on a plane I got to the security check and was so focused on whether I'd got my toiletries in the appropriate clear bottles and bags and so on that I forgot my keys had a Swiss Army knife on them.

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Going through Heathrow customs, usual thing, did you pack your own bag? Yes I did.

Bag goes through the scanner and it includes a small metal thing that is basically a bit of copper pipe, a black box, a couple of wires.

Security: What’s this?

Me: Don’t know to be honest, that bloke over there gave it to me....

At Manchester airport, checking in, same question  - did you pack your bags yourself?

Not this one

Who did?

A bloke from work.

What's in it?

Aircraft parts (about 40 kgs worth) - several hundred components.

They just let it through (and let me off the excess baggage).

• Like 1

All this reminds me of the program "Banged up abroad". What it must feel like to get caught by security at the airport with 20Kg of cocaine strapped to your waist. It's always the last time. Some are seconds from boarding too? You just know your life will never be the same.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I once got stopped at one of Frances airport and interrogated for having a bloody flick comb in my bag. They said it was a dangerous weapon. Almost missed my flight

But you negotiated their surrender on time? 

😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I once got stopped at one of Frances airport and interrogated for having a bloody flick comb in my bag. They said it was a dangerous weapon. Almost missed my flight

Well to be fair it does sound quite dangerous if it was covered in blood. 

Government is selling off Channel 4. Didn't even know it was Public Owned. Why's it show adverts then? 

I would assume it's worth far less now than a few years ago with the rise of streaming, drop in advertising revenue and move away from traditional TV viewing.  Strikes me if you're going to sell it you've missed the optimum time. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Government is selling off Channel 4. Didn't even know it was Public Owned. Why's it show adverts then? 

I would assume it's worth far less now than a few years ago with the rise of streaming, drop in advertising revenue and move away from traditional TV viewing.  Strikes me if you're going to sell it you've missed the optimum time. 

I guess there’s a difference between being publicly owned and publicly funded.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Selling CH4 isn't about maximising income for the Government. It's about reshaping the news output the UK gets, oh and it's conveniently yet another distraction. All part of the culture wars

• Like 1

Anyone tried Coke Zero intergalactic yet ?

website is full of pretentious bollocks  and Coke are the anti-christ but it’s quite an interesting flavour 

8EFFC13C-CC2B-408C-BDAD-9F6757EC4E52.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Anyone tried Coke Zero intergalactic yet ?

website is full of pretentious bollocks  and Coke are the anti-christ but it’s quite an interesting flavour 

8EFFC13C-CC2B-408C-BDAD-9F6757EC4E52.png

Do they do it in a bottle so you can see the guy rotting colour? 

That's the mistake of the Fanta mystery flavours 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â