General Chat

AVFCLaura

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is it part of a quest? A dare? Will you get nookie points for going?

My reward for having brought up a very artsy pair of kids. But I do expect major nookie from the better half, and they let me go to VP on saturday 👍 And beer.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I wonder what the current news story about there being only 4 weeks supply of sunflower oil will do for demand for sunflower oil over the next few days.

People running their cars on it aren’t gonna be happy.

Queue at the petrol station at Morrisons in Lichfield today was mental. It was the busiest I have ever seen it, including during the supply issues a few months ago. Baffling. 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Queue at the petrol station at Morrisons in Lichfield today was mental. It was the busiest I have ever seen it, including during the supply issues a few months ago. Baffling. 

Prices dropped a bit round here, so it could be the idiots think they are saving money

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

I just filled up at my local Morrisons - nobody else there. Tankful was £70. 

Just to riff off the Yaxley Lennon thread, I once had a bit of trouble at an airport.

Leaving the UK I had my usual wash bag and the nice lady told me i had to take everything out of the wash bag and put it in a clear bag. So I did that.

A couple of weeks later, I had another flight out from the same airport. So I put all my wash bag stuff in a clear bag, and for whatever reason, had a couple of spare clear plastic bags in the suitcase. I get to the security check, they open my bag and ask why everything is in clear bags. I said because 2 weeks ago, on my last visit, you made me put it all in clear bags. So I’ve already done it this time.

Well, I was taken to one side and told there was no need for this and I was acting suspiciously and was there anything I wanted to tell them right now!. They then went through every individual item, examining my toothpaste, sniffing my roll on deodorant, looking at my little bar of stolen hotel soap. Absolute arseholes.

I didn’t do any ‘jokes’ about bombs, I don’t think I was sarcastic. I just clearly encountered the wrong person on the wrong day. 

As a counter to that, on the return flight out of Belfast, they let me fly home when my ticket had the wrong name on it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Just to riff off the Yaxley Lennon thread, I once had a bit of trouble at an airport.

Leaving the UK I had my usual wash bag and the nice lady told me i had to take everything out of the wash bag and put it in a clear bag. So I did that.

A couple of weeks later, I had another flight out from the same airport. So I put all my wash bag stuff in a clear bag, and for whatever reason, had a couple of spare clear plastic bags in the suitcase. I get to the security check, they open my bag and ask why everything is in clear bags. I said because 2 weeks ago, on my last visit, you made me put it all in clear bags. So I’ve already done it this time.

Well, I was taken to one side and told there was no need for this and I was acting suspiciously and was there anything I wanted to tell them right now!. They then went through every individual item, examining my toothpaste, sniffing my roll on deodorant, looking at my little bar of stolen hotel soap. Absolute arseholes.

I didn’t do any ‘jokes’ about bombs, I don’t think I was sarcastic. I just clearly encountered the wrong person on the wrong day. 

As a counter to that, on the return flight out of Belfast, they let me fly home when my ticket had the wrong name on it.

I once travelled to Germany and back with a knife in my hand luggage. I didn’t realise until I was unpacking when I got home.

It was like this but had a company logo on it. Someone at work was giving them out.

2473_c85a2828-e800-4f45-97a0-610ef11b687

First class stamp is now 95p.  **** me, I might as well drive them there myself.

There is absolutely MASSIVE wastage at The Royal Mail.  I worked for 2 weeks as a Temp there between college and full time employment.   My manager said he had nothing for me to do but had a budget for a temp whilst a regular guy was on holiday and he was blowed if he wasn't going to use it.

I spent 2 weeks drawing lines in books, making tea and helping the maintenance guy rearrange his stores.

Before I left the manager guy said they would be in serious trouble if they ever had any serious competition.  No shit I thought as I picked up my 2 weeks wages + agency costs they had absolutely zero need to spend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I once travelled to Germany and back with a knife in my hand luggage. I didn’t realise until I was unpacking when I got home.

It was like this but had a company logo on it. Someone at work was giving them out.

2473_c85a2828-e800-4f45-97a0-610ef11b687

My cousin from California once borrowed a bag from his dad and then travelled through 4 airports including Mexico* and Heathrow before realising that he'd got several live bullets in a side pocket his dad had put there when he'd used the bag on a hunting trip.

He left them lined up on the mantlepiece of his mates flat in London.

* We're talking about a tall long blonde haired, blue eyed America surfer dude.  I would imagine the Mexican Police would have had a field day.

• Like 2

I once accidentally smuggled weed into Amsterdam. I was 19 at the time and a seasoned smoker, me and a group of mates were going to the ‘Dam for a week’s smoking holiday. As was custom for me at the time, I rolled one for the journey, I’m my bedroom.

Unfortunately just as I’d rolled it my mum popped her head around my bedroom door and told me to hurry up. I dropped everything onto the towel in my hand luggage case, she left, I grabbed the joint and went on my merry way. 

One coach, train, ferry and another train journey later. I dumped my case down in my hotel room and unzipped it to find an open bag of skunk, scattered tobacco and some Rizla. I obviously wasn’t as enlightened as I thought I was back then 🤦🏻‍♂️

39 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

i once had a flight from stansted cancelled while i was through security and sat at the gate (thanks ryanair) as a result i sped over to brum airport and got on a flight from there instead, same bag through security...wouldnt let it through, insisted that the roll on deo which was solid went in the plastic bag and then it couldnt be my own plastic bag it had to be their plastic bag, just a waste of time

but my favourite is still a mate who flew out of east midlands on a stag do with this in his hand luggage

See the source image

security loved that one, he's there screaming "but it cost £80 as they're trying to bin it" with 15 other lads laughing their bollocks off at him because that obviously helped

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i once had a flight from stansted cancelled while i was through security and sat at the gate (thanks ryanair) as a result i sped over to brum airport and got on a flight from there instead, same bag through security...wouldnt let it through, insisted that the roll on deo which was solid went in the plastic bag and then it couldnt be my own plastic bag it had to be their plastic bag, just a waste of time

but my favourite is still a mate who flew out of east midlands on a stag do with this in his hand luggage

See the source image

security loved that one, he's there screaming "but it cost £80 as they're trying to bin it" with 15 other lads laughing their bollocks off at him because that obviously helped

I once flew to Ireland with my dad and he got pulled up at security for having a gun cleaning kit in his hand luggage.

My cousin is in the TA (or the Irish equivalent), and wanted this cleaning kit but could only get it in the UK. So he asked my dad to bring it over.

I'm convinced my dad deliberately put it in his hand luggage because he knew it was legal but would raise eyebrows.

And it did. They pulled him up, asked what it was. he proudly declared it was a gun cleaning kit. He was being quite smug to be honest because he knew it was legal. The security guy gave him a bit of a dressing down anyway and my dad ended up with his tail between his legs

Going through Heathrow customs, usual thing, did you pack your own bag? Yes I did.

Bag goes through the scanner and it includes a small metal thing that is basically a bit of copper pipe, a black box, a couple of wires.

Security: What’s this?

Me: Don’t know to be honest, that bloke over there gave it to me. 

I nod at my boss who is at the other kiosk.

Me: John! What is this thing?

John: I think its some sort of central heating control thing. Peter asked me to take it over but it looked well suspect, so I gave it to you.

Security: yeah, it could be some sort of heating control thing. 

• Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â