General Chat

AVFCLaura

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I hope you ignore the emails. 

Despite being in meetings in London (with @blandy's CISO amongst others) for the last two days - dodging tube strikes - I still dealt with the ones that came in.

The Elizabeth Tower looks nice though.

4 hours ago, limpid said:

Despite being in meetings in London (with @blandy's CISO amongst others) for the last two days - dodging tube strikes - I still dealt with the ones that came in.

The Elizabeth Tower looks nice though.

VT is far more important than @blandy's CISO (another bloody acronym)!!!

Strange. The original post doesn’t display the flag image (or indeed the guitar) for me. It just shows that little text box in lieu of the image.

Viewing on my phone, for the record.

As for how it’s possible, my theory is following the indifferent reception the recent film received, Morpheus has decided to take on The Matrix in a more mundane manner.

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

How is this possible? 

Screenshot_2022-03-06-17-30-44-18_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Russia invaded Crimea in February 2014.

2013 was when Ukraine voted to try and join the EU. Russia said no.

Recent events have been years in the makking.

Maybe?

4 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Pretty cool

BBC

Endurance: Shackleton's lost ship is found in Antarctic

_123608783_largerwheel.jpg

it is truly amazing, it's in such good condition almost perfectly preserved.

Why is it stories like this, the archaeologist, marine bod / expert etc always seem to have peculiarly great names...

Without any exaggeration this is the finest wooden shipwreck I have ever seen - by far," said marine archaeologist Mensun Bound there's got to be some kind of nominative determinism involved with that.

Edited by Rodders
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d like to take my lad to a Barcelona or Real Madrid match, does anyone know of a good / reliable way to get tickets or packages?

viagogo have a ticket guarantee and i've used them for gigs before, but you pay a premium

stupid question, but have you looked into official means? can't believe barca sell out their stadium every week, tickets must get to general sale when they play the crap teams

otherwise i bet both have UK based supporters clubs that are on facebook. they might be able to at least point you in the right direction. we tried that for a bayern game when we were going to a stag do over there and they gave us some useful info (primarily that we had no chance of getting tickets for all 13 of us!)

edit: out of curiosity i had a look myself. seems tickets are on sale on their official site for most, if not all, remaining games this season

Edited by tomav84
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d like to take my lad to a Barcelona or Real Madrid match, does anyone know of a good / reliable way to get tickets or packages?

Ask a bloke outside the ground, pay cash. Literally nothing can go wrong. Honest Guv. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Rodders said:

Why is it stories like this, the archaeologist, marine bod / expert etc always seem to have peculiarly great names...

Without any exaggeration this is the finest wooden shipwreck I have ever seen - by far," said marine archaeologist Mensun Bound there's got to be some kind of nominative determinism involved with that.

His brother Homeward is gutted he missed it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â