General Chat

AVFCLaura

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

36. I’m desperate to do something else but I’m worried about upsetting the apple cart in terms of I’ve got a mortgage and bills and a step kid now and I’m worried about **** everything up if it goes pear shaped.

I know it's not easy and yeah I completely agree about the mortgage and bills aspect being a worry, but it might be worth looking into re-training whilst still in employment? Night classes or studying at home in spare time.

Just a thought because 36 is still young in employment years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

So the new Lidl wage. I think I get about 40p an hour more if that working for the nhs than the new Lidl wage. I know both jobs have the respective pressures but mentally I’m done with working in mental health. Tempted to jack this thankless job in and swap to Lidl if Boris King of the Word Removed’s doesn’t give us a wage rise that is beyond inflation.

If it's any consolidation I am full of admiration for the job you do.  I can't imagine how difficult it must be and especially if overworked and underpaid. 

I've said for years I would happily pay more tax to better fund public services but it seems to be a complete red line (I know there have been some changes announced but I think that's more to pay for Rona than ongoing historical issues).

But I can understand how may others who will also be struggling themselves might not be enamoured with that thought. 

Best of luck to you 👍

On 12/11/2021 at 15:04, Seat68 said:

Not sure where to post this but as a lot of you have the potential to use the trams, it's of some value. 

I hate trams.

I'm tramsphobic.

Spoiler

Bad Joke Eel | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

36. I’m desperate to do something else but I’m worried about upsetting the apple cart in terms of I’ve got a mortgage and bills and a step kid now and I’m worried about **** everything up if it goes pear shaped.

Hang on a minute, I **** clapped for you and now you want more?

It’s a ridiculous situation you’re in, absolutely ridiculous. With MP’s worried their lifestyle could be impacted if they’re made to survive on £83k plus expenses.

When it was on the news lunchtime, the new rate of pay in Lidl, first thing my wife said was that this would impact all the care groups she’s involved with as all the care assistants will up and leave for the extra £40 a month they’ll get in their pocket, working in Lidl.

As a painful, longer term hope, it could drag up other wages. People giving much needed care have to earn more. It’s no more complicated than that.

10 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Am trying to find the max and paddy gif/meme of when max is saying to the old farmer ".....and !?" but I can't find it anywhere. 

Any help would be appreciated 

This is the one I mean :

but don't know how to save it or remove it from the tweet.

18 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

This is the one I mean :

but don't know how to save it or remove it from the tweet.

I recently found out about an app called Video downloader for Twitter (TwDown) on android but think it could be available on apple too. Which you can copy the clip from a tweet and store in phone. 

Anything to go on here would require some converting or using a host site I guess, but it's useful way of stealing things of twitter. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Pregnant Mrs P and I went to the 20 week scan this morning. The sonographer asked us if we’d like to find out the sex and we said we did. She said she’d do all the health checks first and then let us know at the end.

Thoughout the whole procedure she kept saying things like “I’m just measuring her spine”, “she’s lying on her front at the moment” and “ah look, she’s got her hands behind her head”.

At the end when she asked if we had any questions, we said “it’s a girl then?”

It’s a boy.

Congrats! 1st?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

2nd.

Our house was a pigsty, we were both knackered, our bank accounts were empty and we thought.. “let’s double this hellish existence”

(I jest, we’re delighted)

Don't be humble.   Word on the street is you've fathered children all over the Midlands, you stud!

• Haha 1

When we had the 20 week scan with our second the sonographer said “it’s probably a girl”.

Probably?

Yeah, sometimes it’s a boy who is hiding his bits. 

We had to pay for another private scan to confirm it was a girl.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Water company told us the water would be off from 10.30am yesterday to 10.30pm last night. This is at work, in a school.

I've just laid some serious cable and the water is still off. 

You need to find a scoop 

22 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I know it's not easy and yeah I completely agree about the mortgage and bills aspect being a worry, but it might be worth looking into re-training whilst still in employment? Night classes or studying at home in spare time.

Just a thought because 36 is still young in employment years.

I agree.

Do you have a degree @Ingram85?

I'm not saying that because I think a degree makes anyone better than anyone else, but I just know that graduate jobs offer pretty decent starting wages these days. I think our company offer about £29k a year for a grad. We've got a guy who's just started who is 31, used to be a teacher but hated it and decided to retrain here as something else.

I know you're slightly older and there would probably be a bit of awkwardness about being a grad when the other grads are early 20's, but it could still be an option. A decent wage while training to do something completely different.

It's probably scary but if you hate your job that much it might be something to think about

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â