General Chat

AVFCLaura

What time of the day do we see acceptable as booze'o'clock?

On holiday abroad, i find a beer in the morning as a 'livener' is acceptable.

Weekends, 12 ish?

This, pretty much.

The only day of the year I start drinking really early is Xmas day, when I'm basically on a 24 hour dripfeed.

Weekends, 12 ish?

This, pretty much.

The only day of the year I start drinking really early is Xmas day, when I'm basically on a 24 hour dripfeed.

Yep, im usually half cut by dinner time! Might have to be a little restrained this year with the little'un.

Heaviest lunchtime boozers I ever met were the underwriters at the Lloyds London reinsurance market. "Worked" every afternoon while paralytic.

the city had a bit of a booze culture .. i never used to drink at lunchtimes but when i started working up there I spent many a lunchtime down the pub ... lots of us had DEC phones and due to the transmitter being up high we could even sit in the Corney & Barrow all Friday afternoon and be contactable as if we were at our desks ...

those were the days ..

Just back from the church of beer, after a restrained three pints. Splendid.

Do you do the same every Friday Mike or do you maybe sneak a swift one during the week? Does the boss go with you?

Not every Friday, maybe once every three weeks.

Other days, hardly ever.

Boss, no.

VTer Dicky Plums was there, though.

Do you do the same every Friday Mike or do you maybe sneak a swift one during the week? Does the boss go with you?

Other days, hardly ever.

Boss, no.

Does the boss know you go to the boozer? Or do you pick up some mints on the way back?

Other days, hardly ever.

Boss, no.

Does the boss know you go to the boozer? Or do you pick up some mints on the way back?

He knows. He's OK.

Being only 23 I've still had a good mixture of work before and after University. When I worked for finance dept. in Steelhouse Lane police station a Friday shift would't be complete without a swift few at lunch. They then shut the bar down and made it a sterile vending machine room. Very nice bar it was aswell. When I moved on to working for the NHS in Lozells, there were three of us who would nip to the local at lunch for an hour and sink a few. It was a nice way to end off a working week and Friday afternoons don't really count anyway....there's not much productivity going on.

Here's a song for the lunchtime and after-work drinkers . It may not be your style but the lyrics are good.

Weekends, 12 ish?

This, pretty much.

Yep, im usually half cut by dinner time! Might have to be a little restrained this year with the little'un.

That's nwaht I said, but I've managed to get completely wankered every xmas since her birth :), it's pretty much the only day of the year I get to drink all day on.

I don't think this deserves its own thread so I'll post it here.

This is absolutely shocking

Staggering. I notice that "simple" and "concrete" are very subjective/arbitrary terms but even so 14% is way too high for the most developed nation on earth. I also remember an article I read online recently which claimed that a quarter of Americans were functionally illiterate - i.e. "might be incapable of reading and comprehending job advertisements, past-due notices, newspaper articles, banking paperwork, complex signs and posters, and so on" (quote from Wikipedia).

So apparently out of every 4 people you see there will probably be one who doesn't even know how read a goddamn book or newspaper - not even the simplest articles. Amazing.

I don't think this deserves its own thread so I'll post it here.

This is absolutely shocking

Staggering. I notice that "simple" and "concrete" are very subjective/arbitrary terms but even so 14% is way too high for the most developed nation on earth. I also remember an article I read online recently which claimed that a quarter of Americans were functionally illiterate - i.e. "might be incapable of reading and comprehending job advertisements, past-due notices, newspaper articles, banking paperwork, complex signs and posters, and so on" (quote from Wikipedia).

So apparently out of every 4 people you see there will probably be one who doesn't even know how read a goddamn book or newspaper - not even the simplest articles. Amazing.

They can all read the drive thru menus just fine !

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â