General Chat

AVFCLaura

We celebrated Diwali today at work, had some awesome food! :)

Did you have the legendary Diwali sweets or not?

diwali01.jpg

49.gif

Diwali is actually today , i.e 5th. Yesterday was 'mini' Diwali.

Will post some pics of fireworks displays after tonight. :D

Yuck, Indian sweets are horrible.

Not "SIngapore" version of Indian sweets. The real deal.

Heaven on earth :D

On the notice board at work we have one of those "Who Did You Just Let In?" banners advising staff not to allow people to piggyback through the swipecard doors throughout the building. Now, what's been bugging me since day 1 is that the picture shows Darth Vader sneaking in behind someone and I've always thought; "Surely, if Darth Vader for some reason wanted to enter our offices then the swipecard system would probably be the least of his concerns".

To that end, I have just made the following flyer and stuck it below the aforementioned one.

ADDENDUM:

Please be aware that, should the Dark Lord of the Sith wish to enter the building, he would probably have little need to piggyback through swipe-card doors. Thanks to his force powers, there are many options available to him.

forcechoke.jpg

If you should happen to notice Darth Vader walking around the building unattended without a visitor’s pass, do not challenge him. He will most likely use “Force Choke” to crush your larynx, which will ultimately mean more paperwork for Human Resources. Please also be aware that, even if Darth Vader does not resort to using the powers of the Force, he can simply use his brute strength and bio-mechanical enhancements to remove you, the door and any other obstacles in his path.

figure2.jpg

In the event of invasion by the Galactic Empire, please do not log a call via the helpdesk. You first point of contact should be the Rebel Alliance; they can be found on either Dantooine, Yavin or Hoth (please note that the Alderaan offices are currently closed for refurbishment).

Best superpower..... Discuss.

For me its the ability to stop time. How much fun could you have with that.

I had wondered about that. If you used your power quite often you would end up ageing a lot faster than you should compaired with your friends and family.

Stopping time would be OK if you had the ability to start it again, otherwise you'd just **** everything up and be a bit of a loser.

Anyone here use electric shavers? I got one today and it's done the job brilliantly so I'm very happy with it. The only downside is my neck is really stinging right now. Is it just a case of waiting for my skin to get used to it?

They give me these really itchy rashes. Uncomfortable shave as well. I hate it when the blades become hot too.

Wet shave for me anytime. Gillete Cool Wave Foam and Mach 3 turbo for me. :winkold:

Best superpower..... Discuss.

For me its the ability to stop time. How much fun could you have with that.

I had wondered about that. If you used your power quite often you would end up ageing a lot faster than you should compaired with your friends and family.

Stopping time would be OK if you had the ability to start it again, otherwise you'd just **** everything up and be a bit of a loser.

Bernard's watch is what we need here.

Just for a bit of objective advice... €10 a man is too expensive for a quiz night in a pub isn't it? It's a fundraiser for a young farmer's student society I've been invited to and I just complained a little about the price of it...

Just for a bit of objective advice... €10 a man is too expensive for a quiz night in a pub isn't it? It's a fundraiser for a young farmer's student society I've been invited to and I just complained a little about the price of it...
Hell, our pub quiz is free. Why is Ireland so damn expensive?

OK, it's a fundraiser, but you wouldn't catch me giving money to young farmers.

Billions to anglo bank free cheese to the poor !!!

And what will we do about it? Absolutely f**king nothing except moan on facebook. That should send shivers down their backs.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â