General Chat

AVFCLaura

Where is the list of most posting posters!? I want to see who I'm ahead of! (Probably not many people but hey)

Batman or Spiderman? No **** discussion here, Spiderman is a superhero, Batman is a rich bloke in a suit, like Inspector Gadget but less funny.

Spiderman was given his powers. Batman is just a rich guy who's bored with feeling ladies tits ar parties and decides to fight crime in black latex. With a clearly gay sidekick. "Holy inappropriates Batman"

Alien is better than predator. Discuss.

"better"? :?

What do you mean? As a film? As a killing machine.

I've always been a Predtor man on both counts.

Better film (1 and 2) and better killing machine (due to intelligence and weaponry).

Alien was just, well, a mindless killing Alien really. The Aliens didn't have any hidden depths to them.

Ooohhh, nice one. Well, despite the damage the awful AvP films did to the Predator's rep (that group of Predators in the first AvP film must have been on day-release from a Predator Special Needs School or something) a well-trained Predator could quite easily handle a group of Aliens. That's with their traditional close-combat weapons too, no less; throw in plasma-casters and it's not even really a fair fight.

Obviously, a never-ending swarm of xenomorphs would eventually overpower a lone Predator but it'd put up a bloody good fight. Plus the Aliens lose that stealth advantage they enjoy against humans as the Predator will simply cycle through it's thermal imaging visor until it can spot them.

Aliens are still hard bastards, mind.

And if we're talking films, then in order of preference.

Joint 1st - Alien, Aliens, Predator

2nd - Predator 2

Joint 3rd - Alien 3/Predators

As far as I'm concerned, there have been no other Alien/Predator films. :shock:

I only really liked the first Alien film, as it was all based around suspense - and even that lost its magic as soon as you actually saw the Alien. All the subsequent ones were just shoot-em-up action movies, which bore me to tears.

The first one does stand alone in terms of the whole rape/phallic symbolism/male fear of child-birth, which is what makes it great for me. HR Giger is one ****-up dude. The second one (and first Predator film) are so much fun to watch that I can't pick a favourite though.

Better the hunter than the hunted for me. Your bog-standard warrior/drone doesn't even really stack up against a Predator strength-wise. Now, if you were talking Praetorian, Predalien or Matriarch then it'd be a different story.

We celebrated Diwali today at work, had some awesome food! :)

Did you have the legendary Diwali sweets or not?

diwali01.jpg

49.gif

Diwali is actually today , i.e 5th. Yesterday was 'mini' Diwali.

Will post some pics of fireworks displays after tonight. :D

Yuck, Indian sweets are horrible.

Spiderman was given his powers. Batman is just a rich guy who's bored with feeling ladies tits ar parties and decides to fight crime in black latex. With a clearly gay sidekick. "Holy inappropriates Batman"

Idk Batman looks kickass and Spiderman looks gay, that does it for me.

Best superpower..... Discuss.

For me its the ability to stop time. How much fun could you have with that.

Bernard off Bernard"s watch was a douche. He paid for everything, when he could have **** stolen it.

Best superpower..... Discuss.

For me its the ability to stop time. How much fun could you have with that.

I had wondered about that. If you used your power quite often you would end up ageing a lot faster than you should compaired with your friends and family.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â