General Chat

AVFCLaura

It's only right that foreign aid should be increased
Increased maybe.

But a 37% increase over a period of time where other departments are seeing huge cuts? It's kinda hard to justify adding £4bn to the aid bill when we're making huge cuts to most other areas.

It's only right that foreign aid should be increased
Increased maybe.

But a 37% increase over a period of time where other departments are seeing huge cuts? It's kinda hard to justify adding £4bn to the aid bill when we're making huge cuts to most other areas.

It's a contradictory decision. The government make cuts and try to encourage efficiency at home and yet pledge more money to foreign aid, which we already know is not used efficiently.

I'd take being a sport star over being the best magician ever tbh (I don't know if you're saying you would or not). They don't know everything no-one else knows, they just set up relatively simple tricks on a large scale. Chris Angel is the worst, he uses really obvious cuts in his show all the frigging time. It's almost unbearable to watch, I feel embarrassed for him.

Hmmm well I'd say a large percentage of people don't know how you're doing it. I've watched David Blaine street magic, seems pretty geniune, someone can tell me otherwise? obviously everything is explainable but you still think it's amazing and never sure how it's actually done.

There was one guy on Soccer Am Christmas special who was levitating cards in front of their eyes. You just think 'wtf...."

The money you make and to be fair, you're never in a press and so many people are amazed and it attracts such a wide audience that it'd be great to be able to do.

I don't think it'd ever beat say scoring a goal in a World Cup final or is better than living a top sportsman lifestyle but it's something that amazes me.

It's only right that foreign aid should be increased but the cynic in my believes that the money isn't going to the right places/people.

The Pakistan funding is a good example, despite millions (or even billions) of $$$ being handed over, the country has yet to feel any significant effect a few months on. The money doesn't go to the people who need it.

So my question really was can we afford to consistently aid these governments who in turn do little to no good with the money?

My answer is no. Not until we all take care of our own problems at home. Massachusetts ranks close to the top of every positive category you can find, but there are people here that live in pure squalor, all over the state. I'm talking pure poverty. And this is one of the wealthiest states. So you can imagine what it's like in every city and rural area in the country. I'm sick and tired of watching my taxes go to fund lost causes overseas, when back here at home, the country is slowly imploding.

Democrat, then Republican, then Democrat, then Republican. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success atm.

Unfortunately we all know what will happen every election time in the US.

It's only right that foreign aid should be increased but the cynic in my believes that the money isn't going to the right places/people.

The Pakistan funding is a good example, despite millions (or even billions) of $$$ being handed over, the country has yet to feel any significant effect a few months on. The money doesn't go to the people who need it.

So my question really was can we afford to consistently aid these governments who in turn do little to no good with the money?

My answer is no. Not until we all take care of our own problems at home. Massachusetts ranks close to the top of every positive category you can find, but there are people here that live in pure squalor, all over the state. I'm talking pure poverty. And this is one of the wealthiest states. So you can imagine what it's like in every city and rural area in the country. I'm sick and tired of watching my taxes go to fund lost causes overseas, when back here at home, the country is slowly imploding.

Come live over here, our taxes go to problems overseas, banks (who caused 90% the issues we have economically by giving mortgages to people who cant repay phone bills...) and people who dont want to work.

Its great :)

Hmmm well I'd say a large percentage of people don't know how you're doing it. I've watched David Blaine street magic, seems pretty geniune, someone can tell me otherwise? obviously everything is explainable but you still think it's amazing and never sure how it's actually done.

There was one guy on Soccer Am Christmas special who was levitating cards in front of their eyes. You just think 'wtf...."

The money you make and to be fair, you're never in a press and so many people are amazed and it attracts such a wide audience that it'd be great to be able to do.

I don't think it'd ever beat say scoring a goal in a World Cup final or is better than living a top sportsman lifestyle but it's something that amazes me.

The guy on soccer am was brilliant, didnt he say he got hired for jay z party or something daft

Thing is unlike blaine who went off like an attention seeking whore, that guy does parties, makes probably decent but not amazing money but the upside is he can do something on oxford street if he wants on sat morning

You'd be a really cool guy with cash in your pocket and plenty of fans but no one bothering you because you're too famous

The guy on soccer am was brilliant, didnt he say he got hired for jay z party or something daft

Thing is unlike blaine who went off like an attention seeking whore, that guy does parties, makes probably decent but not amazing money but the upside is he can do something on oxford street if he wants on sat morning

You'd be a really cool guy with cash in your pocket and plenty of fans but no one bothering you because you're too famous

Dynamo

Detroit is a wasteland,

Can you still buy a distressed property in Detroit for $1?

(Although IIRC you had to sign a contract with the creditor bank/lender to say you'd get the often vandalised property back up to livable standards, which would cost thousands of dollars)

Dynamo

I'd LOVE to know how he does that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â