General Chat

AVFCLaura

7 hours ago, bickster said:

I can, right at the bottom for all three with Ready Salted the absolute bottom

No, no, no, no, no!

Now I understand why you say those horrid things in the “lovely gravy” thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I can’t rank the three main crisp flavours (ready salted, cheese and onion and salt and vinegar), it’s too difficult.

Using just the standard Walker's flavours, then acceptable; Prawn Cocktail, Salt & Vinegar, Worcester sauce.

Everything else in the bin.  Especially Ready Salted.

10 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I can’t rank the three main crisp flavours (ready salted, cheese and onion and salt and vinegar), it’s too difficult.

I can

1. Cheese and Onion

2. Ready Salted

3. Salt and Vinegar

• Like 1

what you want are these salt & vinegar - 

Image result for salt and vinegar walkers max

they'll take the lining of your mouth off, if you're going for a meal deal and don't take the walkers max then questions should be asked, the paprika ones are awesome (and im not sure why paprika aren't a  bigger flavour in the UK, they're everywhere in Europe, they're the main flavour in Germany)

Edited by villa4europe

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

what you want are these salt & vinegar - 

Image result for salt and vinegar walkers max

they'll take the lining of your mouth off, if you're going for a meal deal and don't take the walkers max then questions should be asked, the paprika ones are awesome (and im not sure why paprika aren't a  bigger flavour in the UK, they're everywhere in Europe, they're the main flavour in Germany)

Assuming they’re sat next to the Paprika ones there is literally zero chance I would ever eat them

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can

1. Cheese and Onion

2. Ready Salted

3. Salt and Vinegar

Blergh cheese and onion has to be the worst flavour of anything ever created !

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Using just the standard Walker's flavours, then acceptable; Prawn Cocktail, Salt & Vinegar, Worcester sauce.

Everything else in the bin.  Especially Ready Salted.

What??? Absolutely upside down! 

1. Ready salted (by a mile). Crisps are supposed to taste of potatoes. 

2. Cheese and onion. As an occasional guilty pleasure. 

3. Everything else, with prawn cocktail and worcester sauce at the absolute bottom. Vile. 

All the above depends on the manufacturer. The very best are Pipers, followed by Seabrook and (surprisingly) KP. Walkers among the worst. 

• Like 1

I mentioned the investigation to the 1986 assassination of Swedish prime minister Olof Palme a few pages back that is about to be concluded tomorrow. Rumor is they have the murder weapon and maybe DNA.

Well this morning another long running murder case has been hitting the news.

A double homicide where a 8 y.o boy and a 56 y.o woman were knifed down on their way to school/work on a morning in 2004. The murder left bloody clothes near the scene and the murder weapon was found but despite tons and tons of DNA testing they guy had not been found. Until now.

Thank to the same type of testing that helped catch the Golden State Killer the police has now zoned in and arrested a 37 y.o guy who still live in the town it happened. GED-match DNA testing through the family tree led them to him. Genealogy. Pretty fantastic.

It's special case to me as it happened in my home town Linköping, only about 300 meters from where I lived at the time and the murderer fled down the same route I walked to work every morning.

It's left a huge impact on the cite and pretty much everyone I know my age there (me included) has been to talk with the police and to leave DNA. 

I really hope they've got the right guy. But with the Palme murder it's busy times for Swedish crime experts this week.

And then there is the Maddie McCann guy in Germany as well.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It’s not high up on my list of crisp flavours. But out of those three it’s easily the best

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

In the immortal words of Eddie Hitler - "Everybody likes cheese and onion, don't they?".

Edited by choffer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

From a limited sample size then  Walkers Double Crunch are the best crisp on the market at  the moment  ... usually i dish out the test samples around the office and people sorta eat them and go "meh ,its a crisp so what "  ..when we did the Double Crunch product testing and I tried them in the office it was like catnip and I had people following me about asking if I had any more  and taking the surplus samples home with them

S&V  is currently getting a flavour make over for those people that care about this sort of thing , guess it will be a few months before it hits the shelves but it will be interesting to see if people notice the change .

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

What??? Absolutely upside down! 

1. Ready salted (by a mile). Crisps are supposed to taste of potatoes. 

2. Cheese and onion. As an occasional guilty pleasure. 

3. Everything else, with prawn cocktail and worcester sauce at the absolute bottom. Vile. 

All the above depends on the manufacturer. The very best are Pipers, followed by Seabrook and (surprisingly) KP. Walkers among the worst. 

Are wotsits or nik naks classed as part to the crisp factory

54 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

depends on the manufacturer. The very best are Pipers, followed by Seabrook and (surprisingly) KP. Walkers among the worst. 

Obviously with most taste things its subjective , Pipers i think are quite nice , Seabrooks are a bit too cheap tasting for me  ...

Interestingly (or not) I ran a large blind survey last year Pipers actually scored around the level with Tesco and Asda own brands on the blind tasting , even though it wins a few awards in snack circles

Walker Crinkles was the winner  , Slabs came last by some margin   .. was disappointed by that as the Slabs looked great and you really wanted to like them  , but they just tasted awful 

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Seabrooks are a bit too cheap tasting for me  ...

definitely taste cheap and really salty but for some reason I always found that worked

and if this expands to all crisps 

Image result for walkers lime popadoms

we might as well stop

• Like 1

I find Pom Bears a bit too harsh, too physically hard and dry. I always found if I had a few of them they’d start to hurt the roof of my mouth. Which I thought was odd for something aimed at toddlers. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â