General Chat

AVFCLaura

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The one I saw was about 10 minutes walk from the closest school. Most kids are with adults these days anyways from what I have seen 

Yeah, Primary school kids tend to have their parents with them (we always took our pair when they were that young) but you still get motorists who act like arseholes around schools which the lollipop folks tend to help with. We've seen some very close calls with speeding down the years.

Once the kids reach secondary school and don't want ma or pa accompanying them, then I was always greatful knowing there was at least someone in place to slow down the dickheads.

Can't say as I've seen any of them away from schools though. As you say that does seem a bit pointless unless it's a particularly bad accident black spot.

Edited by Designer1

45 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, Primary school kids tend to have their parents with them (we always took our pair when they were that young) but you still get motorists who act like arseholes around schools which the lollipop folks tend to help with. We've seen some very close calls with speeding down the years.

Once the kids reach secondary school and don't want ma or pa accompanying them, then I was always greatful knowing there was at least someone in place to slow down the dickheads.

Can't say as I've seen any of them away from schools though. As you say that does seem a bit pointless unless it's a particularly bad accident black spot.

Yeah you are right about some stupid motorists I seen a host at mine way thankfully not close to schools

I was looking at the poor guy it a thick yellow coat in this heat thinking damn he must have some serious spicy BO right now, surely thats just as much as a threat 

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Omg I love maps....

I was in Bath over the weekend, there is a shop there which sells only authentic 200+ years old maps of Britain, I spend about 30 mins just looking around. 

You can really lose yourself in places like that.

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

You can really lose yourself in places like that.

No, it was really small.

Like about 10sqM, in a square.  Only an idiot would get lost in there.

God Blandy, stop being stupid for once in your life, yea? 

Ok, I mean, I may have had to ask the owner for directions, but I wasn't 'lost', I was just wondering if there was a quicker way out or summat. 

OK? 

Oh **** off, the lot of ya. :( 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Are you a real-life Mrs Doubtfire? Or does Mrs Mooney not allow you to have your own keys for fear of you locking yourself inside a wardrobe?

My keys are always in my jacket pocket, hanging up. Grandma's keys could be anywhere, but on this occasion I rememebered seeing them on the hall table. It was simply a matter of which ones the little 'un had a chance of finding. 

EDIT: And she knows the difference, from the fobs. 

Edited by mjmooney

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My keys are always in my jacket pocket, hanging up. Grandma's keys could be anywhere, but on this occasion I rememebered seeing them on the hall table. It was simply a matter of which ones the little 'un had a chance of finding. 

EDIT: And she knows the difference, from the fobs. 

So this morning, I've learned that your grand-daughter is incredibly smart, with a right **** mouth on her. :lol: 

What could a 2 year old possibly be doing to warrant a "oh for **** sake!"? :crylaugh:  

I think we know.

"oh for **** sake?! Grandad's locked himself in the garden shed...... and it looks like he's shut himself in with a chainsaw that he can't turn off again... I'M COMING GRANDAD!" :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

So this morning, I've learned that your grand-daughter is incredibly smart, with a right **** mouth on her. :lol: 

What could a 2 year old possibly be doing to warrant a "oh for **** sake!"? :crylaugh:  

I think she's heard adults (possibly even me) say it when exasperated. So, once or twice when playing a game, she's said it in that context. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I think we know.

"oh for **** sake?! Grandad's locked himself in the garden shed...... and it looks like he's shut himself in with a chainsaw that he can't turn off again... I'M COMING GRANDAD!" :rolleyes:

I laugh because I know the way you're saying it isn't as condescending as it reads :lol: 

• Like 1

Britain’s national radio station has shared a huge cache of sound files from its archives—16,000 recordings from across the world and throughout its 90-year history of broadcasting.

As you may imagine from a station that began near the end of Britain’s imperial era and continued to aspire to global news coverage, there is a huge diversity in the sound files.

The collection includes audio clips such as "South American parrot talking and screeching" and "Morocco: Marrakesh, market square with music & distant traffic," as well as charming local fare like various "Westminster Abbey bells" and "1 lorry passing slowly." The set also includes sound effects created in the BBC studios for radio plays and other programs.

While the files retain their copyrights by the BBC, they are available for free to download and use for all "personal, educational, or research purposes," and can be requested (and presumably licensed) for commercial use.

Check out all of the sound files for yourself here

Link

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I know, it's getting harder and harder to find one alone.

I notice that this post became (I call it orange) popular fast, but 1 person (@choffer) used the confused face (I take it to mean WTAF you doof).

But as everyone else used the laughing one or whatever, I can only take Choff's confused one to say "oooh, what you said is bad innit, you can't joke about paedo's" - which to me means that obviously Choffer is covering something up, to cover himself.

So in respect to internet social interaction protocol (I believe its Article 420, paragraph 404, line L33t in the handbook) between two people who know very little about each other, I can only state that;

@choffer - paedo confirmed. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I think we know.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

But if you are in to it, why not nip down to that London and do the cluster of shops around Berwick Street? That should be a decent RSD experience.

They usually close the street and have a stage and bands. To be fair to 'Sounds Of The Universe', despite being mental, is quite well organised and the queue moves.

Will be heading for Soul Brother for the single title I'm chasing.

There's someone about 4 desks down from me, and he's been reading out jokes from his phone for about 15 minutes, despite his colleagues laughingly saying "ha, that's enough now". 

Bad ones, and what makes it worse is that he's just reading them.  He's not delivering them like a joke, he's doing that upwards inflection when he's asking the question leading to the punchline. 

I bet his parents are so sad their son is a word removed. :( 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

There's someone about 4 desks down from me, and he's been reading out jokes from his phone for about 15 minutes, despite his colleagues laughingly saying "ha, that's enough now". 

Bad ones, and what makes it worse is that he's just reading them.  He's not delivering them like a joke, he's doing that upwards inflection when he's asking the question leading to the punchline. 

I bet his parents are so sad their son is a word removed. :( 

You're not the most annoying person in your office?

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

You're not the most annoying person in your office?

I'm only annoying on VT and real life - never the office.

I'm **** incredible at work. 

Everyone comes to touch me to try and glean my professionalism and greatness.  I'm all like "ger'offffff, I'm trying to work here ok?  Maybe if you immature people would do some work, you could be as good as me.  I mean look at this Julie, these figures and accounts don't match up.  I'll take you through the process if you like?  Ok.  Well firstly, you have to contact all the of the people an that, then get them to do the accounting and stuff.  I dunno what that, that or this, or these buttons do, but someone else can do that.  I'm far too busy to have to deal with that.  I reckon for lunch I'll have a baked potato with filling number 1 today.  How's Colin?  Oh good, glad to hear he's over the worst of it.  Mind you Julie, if I had to look at your face all day, I'd try to kill myself too (laugh for a second. stop. back to work.) Then you have to ring Barry from transactions and tell him to get his arse into gear - he's very slow compared to me (he's stood near me, trying to touch me, so I wave gently at him, but with a very stern face).  aren't you Barry?  you're a bit slow aren't you?  Yea you are - I'm taking Julie through this thing, so can you quickly just push through the others to touch me then go back and do your bit?  Ok.  Let him through everyone (everyone shuffles, such is the lack of space around me).  There you go Barry, good lad - now go do your job, so I can carry on with mine!  So Julie, Barry will go and do that, but I gotta go and poo now (I stand up).  Excuse me everyone, let me go and have a poo (lots of shuffling out of my way, people reaching to touch me and I'm all like "come onnnnn") Ok I can only fit 2 other people in the toilet with me, I reckon John and Gary can help me wipe this time." 

I'll end it there, but that's only because I'm just too busy to type anymore, and I need a poo so that'll take me about 52 minutes.  And I have a lot of people to push past. 

Catch up in a bit. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â