General Chat

AVFCLaura

Been watching friends again recently now it’s on Netflix, haven’t watched it for nearly 10 years. The thing I’ve realised is how hot and great Janice was back then, she was blatantly awesome. Janice > Monica. 

There was a lad who lived next door to a place we used to live, he started smoking weed in the back garden at night. I don’t have a problem with him doing that, but the problem is the smell. There’s absolutely no way I’m going to have the smell of it in my house or on my washing. It’s pretty **** selfish doing something that stinks like that. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

, but I do have an issue with people who'd  go to the authorities over it.  

Unless you've got a crop on in the attic , the police would most likely hang up and tell them to stop wasting police time. Personal consumption is "practically "legal at the moment.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Unless you've got a crop on in the attic , the police would most likely hang up and tell them to stop wasting police time. Personal consumption is "practically "legal at the moment.

I can’t believe that, if you rang the police to say there were people taking drugs next door to your house they would have to investigate it.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t believe that, if you rang the police to say there were people taking drugs next door to your house they would have to investigate it.

Try it . Call the police and say your neighbour is sitting on his back doorstep smoking weed, and listen to  what they say .  

The first thing they will ask is if you believe they are growing it and/or selling it .   If you say no then they may send somebody round to ask them to smoke inside rather than outside but no arrests will be made.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Brumerican's answer has been the case for a very long time in practise around here.

When I lived in my previous house, so more than 16 years ago, the neighbouring property was a HMO. The police gave a lecture on the doorstep of what was and was not reasonable behaviour. One of the three occupants had complained and the police spent a good 30 minutes just trying to get all three of them to mutually agree a code of conduct. 

The house did eventually revert back to single occupancy as the HMO idea was giving the Landlord too much grief. It was not the complainant that stayed on, it was the quiet smoker.

I think that was all way before the police and politicians were openly more relaxed about discreet private use.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Try it . Call the police and say your neighbour is sitting on his back doorstep smoking weed, and listen to  what they say .  

The first thing they will ask is if you believe they are growing it and/or selling it .   If you say no then they may send somebody round to ask them to smoke inside rather than outside but no arrests will be made.

I can’t really as the old couple next door aren’t smoking weed (as far as I know :ph34r:)

I still can’t believe that if I call the police to report a crime their response will be that they aren’t interested and won’t take ANY action which was what was suggested.

Just now, Genie said:

I can’t really as the old couple next door aren’t smoking weed (as far as I know :ph34r:)

I still can’t believe that if I call the police to report a crime their response will be that they aren’t interested and won’t take ANY action which was what was suggested.

The truth is they aren't interested . Unless a larger crime may be going on then there is a chance they will do nothing . They just don't have the time or resources to be going round telling people to put their joints out.

One of the lads at work got caught with a bag of coke on him the other week. He was walking through town, and the police for whatever reason pulled him over. They took the bag off him, and gave him a word of warning. The coke was probably going up their nose minutes later. 

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The truth is they aren't interested . Unless a larger crime may be going on then there is a chance they will do nothing . They just don't have the time or resources to be going round telling people to put their joints out.

I agree on a personal level they aren’t really interested, but I still don’t believe they’d do nothing. 

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree on a personal level they aren’t really interested, but I still don’t believe they’d do nothing. 

Well they don't . Not sure what else to tell you ! Many  Police chiefs are on record saying that whilst it's still a crime they are willing to look the other way in regards to personal consumption.  For most of the constabularies it's "unofficial" policy to do nothing.

Edited by Brumerican

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

One of the lads at work got caught with a bag of coke on him the other week. He was walking through town, and the police for whatever reason pulled him over. They took the bag off him, and gave him a word of warning. The coke was probably going up their nose minutes later. 

I think your mate may be bullshitting. Possession of a bag of coke is at least a caution surely? They wouldn't just take it off him and move him on. 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think your mate may be bullshitting. Possession of a bag of coke is at least a caution surely? They wouldn't just take it off him and move him on. 

He never got arrested, and there were a load of other lads there to back his claim up. It happened on the works do. 

12 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Been watching friends again recently now it’s on Netflix, haven’t watched it for nearly 10 years. The thing I’ve realised is how hot and great Janice was back then, she was blatantly awesome. Janice > Monica. 

Have you also been offended by the sexism, homophobia and transphobic themes running throughout the show? 

Millennials watching Friends on Netflix have expressed reservations about the popular sitcom’s storylines, describing it as transphobic, homophobic and sexist.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/friends-netflix-sexist-racist-transphobic-problematic-millenials-watch-a8154626.html

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â