General Chat

AVFCLaura

Taking the question as a stand-alone then no it is not as bad. An (important) exam is a result that stands for all time. A lying CV will be found out soon enough and you'll be on your ear if you're no good; and probably with no decent references either.

Kildare had better smash dirty, cheating Meath on Sunday. Going to miss it though. Back to the UK again tommorow for another 10 days. UP THE LILLYWHITES !!

Not a hope :lol:

I think Kildare will beat them and also think Kerry, Cork and Dubs to win ;)

Id go down the honesty route if i were you. Embellished cvs are always apparent and things like your lack of experience would come out in an interview. Employers (well in my experience) like to see decent work experience alongside a good cv.

Out of interest is lying on a cv better or worse than looking at the questions on an exam :winkold:

I'm not lying.

I'm just having to make write it in such a way that, for example, doing teamwork presentations in seminars at uni are a bit more than just that - they've improved my delegation and organisational skills with a number of people from wildly differing backgrounds, nationalities and personalities, and hones my ability to present complex ideas and issues in a confident, succinct and articulate manner.

Or on my work experience placement how I was working both as part of an admin team in a busy vibrant office, and also working outside of the office as part of a sampling team and a verification team, giving me time face to face with the clients customers, often in their own home, allowing me to practice and develop a good manner with customers whilst also efficiently completing the task at hand and fielding their queries.

Which is all true. However I'd not normally say that, I'd just say I'd done some team work tasks within a seminar at uni. Or I'd had work experience at a company in their office as well as their frontline services. I'm having to sell it a lot more.

Theres not a single lie in it thanks.

dont worry was just a joke, would be careful about embellishing to much. If you were to be question on it and its becomes clear that your talking about two weeks work experience a few years ago it wont look great. You wouldn't want that to influence a persons thinking of you and what otherwise might be a decent cv.

I look at a lot of cv's and personally get a bit put off by "bullshit", the sort of thing everyone puts about working in a team, showing initiative etc. Unless someone puts examples of where they've done these things i often discount them. Again personally i always look for where someone has completed large parts of that role before, then again i dont often recruit graduates.

Iphone rage!

This is the 2nd one I've had. I only got one in February & it was faulty, so after trailing all the way to Newcastle to the Genius Bar

who gave me a new one, this Iphone appears faulty as well!

I simply cannot get the Bluetooth Jawbone to connect to the Iphone -

Trip back to Carphone Warehouse last Saturday & the guy at the desk says.."Oh Jawbones aren't compatible with Iphones"

So I said. "Why did you lot sell it to me then & if that's the case, why did my other Iphone connect without a problem??!!"

Anyone good with Iphones could tell me what to do? Although I think the phone's blue tooth may be faulty.

I've never lied on my CV. However, I lied my arse off in most of my interviews.

I didn't really see much other choice though, what was I meant to say?

"Can you think of a time when you made an error in the workplace but then overcame that error to succeed at your task?"

"Errrrm. No not really"

Oh who gives a stuff... I can't be bothered working anymore today - I'm sick of working & exams.

Dr Who & the Daleks is just starting on Watch from 1965!!...

I remember watching this in the 70s as a squid & being absolutely terrified..... Now it's just for amusement

How times have changed!

That's why interviews are absolute bollocks.

It's just a test of how good a bullshitter you can be and how confident you are rather than how suitable you will be for the job.

Kildare had better smash dirty, cheating Meath on Sunday. Going to miss it though. Back to the UK again tommorow for another 10 days. UP THE LILLYWHITES !!

Bring it on Lily! Looking forward to it now on Sunday! Us Royals will be up for it anyway! We'll want to win something this year!!!!! :lol:

I've just got off the phone to teletext holiday after finding a holiday I fancied in Lanzarote. By the end of the call the holiday was over £100 more per person than the original price advertised. I was going to post this in the things that piss you off that shouldn't thread but I think it should piss me off.

Bring it on Lily! Looking forward to it now on Sunday! Us Royals will be up for it anyway! We'll want to win something this year!!!!! :lol:

You sure as hell didn't win Leinster that's for sure :D Dirty , dirty , cheating Meath. UP KILDARE .

You sure as hell didn't win Leinster that's for sure :D Dirty , dirty , cheating Meath. UP KILDARE .

The cup says otherwise :D

Iphone rage!

This is the 2nd one I've had. I only got one in February & it was faulty, so after trailing all the way to Newcastle to the Genius Bar

who gave me a new one, this Iphone appears faulty as well!

I simply cannot get the Bluetooth Jawbone to connect to the Iphone -

Trip back to Carphone Warehouse last Saturday & the guy at the desk says.."Oh Jawbones aren't compatible with Iphones"

So I said. "Why did you lot sell it to me then & if that's the case, why did my other Iphone connect without a problem??!!"

Anyone good with Iphones could tell me what to do? Although I think the phone's blue tooth may be faulty.

Take it back and tell them you want a HTC Desire or a Samsung Galaxy S :D

Or just get a bloody phone with buttons, which rings/texts/email and does the occasional 'cool, didn't know it did that' thing.

Technology bores are right up there with car bores in the 'people I refuse to talk to at all costs list'.

The occasional advice as to which is best is understandable, but everyone knows the people I'm on about. The kinda guy who will just keep going, even when you awkwardly hint at a change in subject he somehow manages to take that as a declaration of interest in what they are saying.

The kinda guy who will just keep going, even when you awkwardly hint at a change in subject
That's a social leper :lol: Totally agree re- phones. As the tech room will attest. I turned down plenty of touch screen jobbies and a blackberry cuz it would've been upgrading for the sake of it even though it was free. I'm quite happy with what I've got unless I'm given a doozy of a phone for nowt.

Technology bores are right up there with car bores in the 'people I refuse to talk to at all costs list'.

I'm with you CED.

Partially because i can't afford a decent one of either. :lol: :winkold: :(

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â