General Chat

AVFCLaura

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I had to sign to say I'd received it and they told me they'd cancel the other delivery.

I've just got an email saying the TV will be delivered to me on 12th May.

Moral dilemma, do I stay quiet?

[caveat always stay within the law] But purely for the purposes of hypothetical conversation....

Welllllll.....

Some poor sap somewhere will eventually get a ballocking if you do keep quiet.

OTOH

If you wanted to rewenge them for having to traipse around and go fetch your telly, you could just be "not in" when they turn up to deliver it.

Or you could be in, they could deliver it and because you know it's not legally yours, you'd have to wait for them to realise and then come get it back.

I once bought a telly and when I got it home found out it was the wrong model - they'd handed me a better version than the one I paid for. Once they realised maybe 3 months later, they got in touch and demanded it back immediately (no apology or recognition it was their fault). I said sure, of course, no problem, come and get it a time of my choosing and bring the one I ordered with you...

But don't break the law.

Had a small brown and white pigeon sat outside my bedroom window on the outside ledge now for about 4 hours, thought he was having a sunbathe earlier but it's pitch black and cold out now and am worried for the little fella, I'm wondering if it is injured & is resting or if he is a domestic and got lost? Not sure what to do? Don't think he will survive where he is as its quite cold out :(

cant bring him in into a cage either because of my cat...

5 hours ago, hogso said:

Yep! And then I was at Natwest in town and I'm sure I saw you again 

Should I be worried? 

Shut up bumfines, what do you know about it, I'll fight you, outside Crew at 1pm Satdee m8

7 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Should I be worried? 

No, we're friends!

...we are friends, aren't we?

Edited by hogso
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Had a small brown and white pigeon sat outside my bedroom window on the outside ledge now for about 4 hours, thought he was having a sunbathe earlier but it's pitch black and cold out now and am worried for the little fella, I'm wondering if it is injured & is resting or if he is a domestic and got lost? Not sure what to do? Don't think he will survive where he is as its quite cold out :(

cant bring him in into a cage either because of my cat...

Has it got a ring on? Could be a racer, but odd that it'd be resting, weather was good yesterday. They tend to have to rest when they've flown through bad weather. Could've been attacked by something. My step dad races them, if it does have a ring you can get RSPB or some such to catch it and they'll locate the owner, then they'll come and fetch it.

If it hasn't got a ring, just shove the bleeder off, vermin they are.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Hey I lived in Nuneaton for over 20 years, and technically I still kinda do.

Yay, another friend! Can I look at your pictures in the rogues gallery and then stalk you say hello to you too if I see you around town? ^_^

Nuneaton VT'ers 4 life. But, technically? Hm. Well, fwiw, I'd call, say, Hartshill and Galley Common Nuneaton, but not Caldecote or Bramcote for example.

You can only be in the NVT4L gang if you're in Nuneaton tbf.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â