General Chat

AVFCLaura

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

He's been excellent every time I've seen him but Christ on a bike those last 10 minutes of Thursday's comedy vehicle were awful

I thought it was going to turn out to be some kind of hilarious Lidl joke, what with there being lots of food on Rod Liddle, but then he'd started the show saying how he doesn't write jokes, so I figured that this wasn't going to get any funnier and turned it off.  I'm guessing that was the whole point of it, like you're supposed to laugh at the jokes that aren't being said or something?  I just don't think I'll get his comedy.  I've only dipped in and out of his stuff though.

40 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought it was going to turn out to be some kind of hilarious Lidl joke, what with there being lots of food on Rod Liddle, but then he'd started the show saying how he doesn't write jokes, so I figured that this wasn't going to get any funnier and turned it off.  I'm guessing that was the whole point of it, like you're supposed to laugh at the jokes that aren't being said or something?  I just don't think I'll get his comedy.  I've only dipped in and out of his stuff though.

He is an acquired taste, can easily see why people don't like him but it's just an act, the comedy vehicle episodes about books and the countryside from series one, he's stuff on Islamic stand up and Osama bin ladens death are some great comedy writing though

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 3

Stewart Lee is very clever but I don't really find him funny.

Russell Howard is crap. Very obvious 'jokes' and I use that word loosely.

Katie Hopkins is inflammatory scum and her success is all due to negative attention so it pains me to even write about her.

Katie Hopkins is inflammatory scum and her success is all due to negative attention so it pains me to even write about her.

I almost feel sorry for her, that desperate for fame and attention and extending her incredibly short and undeserved spot in the limelight that she spouts utter shit that she simply cannot believe to be true, what a sad depressing way to live your life, I bet when she's alone with her thoughts she goes to some proper dark places

• Like 4

She's one of two things for me: she's either that ignorant and evil that she does believe what she preaches and in that case she's scum, or as you say she doesn't really believe these things and she does it for fame, attention and money in which case she has no soul and is scum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

He is an acquired taste, can easily see why people don't like him but it's just an act, the comedy vehicle episodes about books and the countryside from series one, he's stuff on Islamic stand up and Osama bin ladens death are some great comedy writing though

I guess it's just me that finds Lee using 4 Americans to represent a whole continent  when he does sketches about stereotypes and ignorance as part of his I'm cleverer than you routine a tad hypocritical 

ill be honest I stopped the video after American number 2 so it maybe I lost the message he was delivering and the punchline was going to dispel  this ?

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I guess it's just me that finds Lee using 4 Americans to represent a whole continent  when he does sketches about stereotypes and ignorance as part of his I'm cleverer than you routine a tad hypocritical 

ill be honest I stopped the video after American number 2 so it maybe I lost the message he was delivering and the punchline was going to dispel  this ?

Who are you and what have you done with Tony?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Yes, watch it until the end of the american quotes tony!

Ok , i was a bit hasty and I owe Mr Lee an apology ...

(he's still not that funny though )

46 minutes ago, Ginko said:

She's one of two things for me: she's either that ignorant and evil that she does believe what she preaches and in that case she's scum, or as you say she doesn't really believe these things and she does it for fame, attention and money in which case she has no soul and is scum.

We made people like Hopkins relevant when we gave every nut job a voice on the interest via Twitter , you tube and whatever else 

you can't really single her for out for your scorn she no worse an attention seeking whore than Russel Brand at the end of the day 

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If we're doing Stewart Lee routines, this is a favourite -

(Includes a tiny bit of swearing so NSFW I guess...)

When he blamed the jungle canyon rope bridges being broken on the Tory's  for a second I thought he must be a Villatalk poster in the Tory politics thread 

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Odd, that's actually among my least favourite routine of his, along with that bit about his Nero card. 

I much prefer his stuff from around the 90's comedian era.

Fair enough, I'm not as familiar with his stuff from the 90's (only vaguely recall his work with Richard Herring). 

Just the odd clip here and there, the braveheart bit for example.

58 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

We made people like Hopkins relevant when we gave every nut job a voice on the interest via Twitter , you tube and whatever else 

you can't really single her for out for your scorn she no worse an attention seeking whore than Russel Brand at the end of the day 

Brand is a self-important nob, but he doesn't come out with shit like not letting his children play with kids with certain names or that terrorists must be targeting him because he's been in every major city during terrorist attacks over the last twenty years or whatever utter bollocks it was she claimed.

I don't like him, but at least he has somewhat of an educated point of view on society, as much of a faux-Ché Guevara wannabe he is and the annoying and pretentious way he presents these opinions. He also has a legitimate career aside from preaching his brand of politics every now and again. Hopkins is just a bigoted, extreme right-wing, hate-filled moron who has no idea what she's on about. Attacking parents who name their kids after countries when her daughter is called India is evidence enough of that.

38 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

When he blamed the jungle canyon rope bridges being broken on the Tory's  for a second I thought he must be a Villatalk poster in the Tory politics thread 

Hahahahaha

Bored Tone? :D

Perhaps try nurture an interest in horticulture or classical music, or something?

Look what this guy did with some matches.

1rGhVtx.jpg

ChrisP will tell you how to work the glue ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â