General Chat

AVFCLaura

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate to break this to VillaTalk, but it would seem that Trevor Francis is actually a really nice bloke.

His mother in law is a resident at the old people's home my mom works at. This has led to my mom having various chats with him over the past few months.

Despite her insistence that he was a "very nice man" I resisted believing her.

But, it was her first day back at work today since my Dad passed away, and waiting for her when she got there was a card from Trevor along with a donation to Cancer Research in memory of my Dad. As far as I know he's the only relation of any resident who has given her a card. 

Can't be true, can it?

Go home Stevo, you're drunk. 

In all honesty, he probably is a nice bloke, but this is a football forum dedicated to the rivals of one of the teams he played for and managed, so in these circumstances, he's Satan. 

• Like 2

I bought a rug for my flat the other day but the damn thing keeps sliding over the wood laminate flooring. Thinking I should get a smaller rubber mat to go underneath to keep it in place, anyone got any better ideas? I had a look on B&Q's website and they don't seem to just sell rubber flooring.

Edited by Ginko

10 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I bought a rug for my flat the other day but the damn thing keeps sliding over the wood laminate flooring. Thinking I should get a smaller rubber mat to go underneath to keep it in place, anyone got any better ideas? I had a look on B&Q's website and they don't seem to just sell rubber flooring.

Look up Tenura matting. Its a slightly rubbery net life fabric that grips pretty much anything. Reasonably cheap as well.

• Like 2

IKEA sell just the thing you're looking for.

A rubberised plastic mesh about 80 x 150cm (I think). Anyway, dead cheap and you get to go to IKEA and stick meatballs up your arse.

Definitely go for the mashed potato if you do this though.

• Like 1

I've just discovered RackaRacka on YouTube. Some outstanding, hilarious and often brutal videos from some Aussie stuntmen/ special effects experts.

'Ronald McDonald Playground Slaughter' was interesting.

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I never answer my phone if I don't recognise the number. I figure if it's important, they'll leave a message. The PPI people never do. I always google the number after too, and 99 times out 100 it'll show up on a website telling you what they're trying to flog. Then the number gets blocked.

Ditto!

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I never answer my phone if I don't recognise the number. I figure if it's important, they'll leave a message. The PPI people never do. I always google the number after too, and 99 times out 100 it'll show up on a website telling you what they're trying to flog. Then the number gets blocked.

200px-132Ditto_Ranger3.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone else getting really fed up annoying phone calls from this poxy companies saying you been in a accident, or PPI? I have had my 8th call this week today i am really getting effed off with this!!!!!! :angry:

Don't you use something like this(or it's IOS equivalent):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.visinor.phonewarrior&hl=en

Blocks calls/texts from all blacklisted numbers and also tells you what an unrecognised number is if there's an active network connection.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â