General Chat

AVFCLaura

I got a visit from an electricity supplier the other week asking if I was interested in switching over. I said in my most apathetic way possible that I really wasn't (it was the evening and I can be very disinterested when I (don't) want to be).

He took an MPRN number from me (some unique electrickery number) and I proceeded to sign something which he said showed he had visited.

I have now received a letter from this company welcoming me to their service. And a letter from my old provider with a final invoice.

The con artist at the door only went and pulled the wool over my eyes :lol:

So tomorrow, I will not only be telling them to transfer the electricity back to where it was coming from before, but that I will now also be swapping my gas away from them too. Something that, until today, I had no reason to bother doing.

So that salesman has lost his company a customer. I hope his fraud gets him fired.

A mate of mine worked in the credit control department of a company that did something similar with telephone lines.

He packed in the job eventually. He would be ringing customers looking to talk about unpaid bills, they would tear him a new one quoting all these promises that the salesman made.

The salesmen would basically promise the prospective customer a load of shit that wasn't possible, just to get them to sign on the dotted line.

After that it was up to my mate to pick up the pieces.

He said it was a horrible existence, so he packed it in.

A friend of mine from up there goes away at this time of year. And I believe he was brought up eating oranges as it were. Good people are good people. Religion is shit the world over.

I've found this Thai dish that's so **** good: Brown rice, tofu, red, orange and green peppers, onions, green beans, baby corn, carrots, zucchini, in a spicy chili lime sauce.

:thumb:

Declan kidney Is going to give joe sheridan up to ireland rugby team after that try for meath

The incident is worthy of it's own thread.

Was a thread created for this? Delighted the lads didn't give them a replay. Would have set a bad precedent.

C'mon the Royals! :P

I got a visit from an electricity supplier the other week asking if I was interested in switching over. I said in my most apathetic way possible that I really wasn't (it was the evening and I can be very disinterested when I (don't) want to be).

He took an MPRN number from me (some unique electrickery number) and I proceeded to sign something which he said showed he had visited.

I have now received a letter from this company welcoming me to their service. And a letter from my old provider with a final invoice.

The con artist at the door only went and pulled the wool over my eyes :lol:

So tomorrow, I will not only be telling them to transfer the electricity back to where it was coming from before, but that I will now also be swapping my gas away from them too. Something that, until today, I had no reason to bother doing.

So that salesman has lost his company a customer. I hope his fraud gets him fired.

I've heard of that stuff happening, didn't believe it.

Sorry to go on about Quidco but it is just insane how much easy free money you can get for stuff you do anyway.

I recently got paid £120 for transferring my Gas and Electric to Scottish power, they were cheaper than my current supplier anyway. there are currently a number of suppliers paying £100 for a gas and electic switch.

Not sure if this works in Oiland or not.

Declan kidney Is going to give joe sheridan up to ireland rugby team after that try for meath

Was a thread created for this? Delighted the lads didn't give them a replay. Would have set a bad precedent.

At the risk of being objective again (it is a heavy burden). There is no way Meath should be forced to do the 'right thing'. They should not be backed into a corner and made to make a decision that should only be made by the association. This was a GAA and an officiating **** up. Meath are the easy scapegoats here and now that they have not agreed to a replay they are being made out to be the bad guys. It's incredible. It's identical to the France furore. Yes the player cheated, but the problem was with the officials and the association - firstly for not seeing the infringement and secondly for actually not having any rule in place that allows the GAA to act in any kind of authority.

But having said that. It's bog ball and is about as important as the shade of green on what I pull from my nose.

At the risk of being objective again (it is a heavy burden). There is no way Meath should be forced to do the 'right thing'. They should not be backed into a corner and made to make a decision that should only be made by the association. This was a GAA and an officiating **** up. Meath are the easy scapegoats here and now that they have not agreed to a replay they are being made out to be the bad guys. It's incredible. It's identical to the France furore. Yes the player cheated, but the problem was with the officials and the association - firstly for not seeing the infringement and secondly for actually not having any rule in place that allows the GAA to act in any kind of authority.

But having said that. It's bog ball and is about as important as the shade of green on what I pull from my nose.

I completely agree. The GAA have failed again in their officiating of such occurences. It has happened in the past in such instances and they have still not agreed to take responsibility for the actions of the referee on the pitch. Saying that, it would be hard for them to do so as to take the control of the game out of the referees hand would be killing the whole human aspect of the game, in a similiar way to that of the video ref in football.

Its strange though as they also seem fit to give out red cards after the fact to players who commit fouls during games.... Bit of a contradiction there!

I completely agree. The GAA have failed again in their officiating of such occurences. It has happened in the past in such instances and they have still not agreed to take responsibility for the actions of the referee on the pitch. Saying that, it would be hard for them to do so as to take the control of the game out of the referees hand would be killing the whole human aspect of the game, in a similiar way to that of the video ref in football.

Its strange though as they also seem fit to give out red cards after the fact to players who commit fouls during games.... Bit of a contradiction there!

The umpires were the ones who didn't have the stones to tell the referee that it wasn't a legitimate goal although the ref should have consulted them before allowing it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â