General Chat

AVFCLaura

So I have the day off work, and sky has all the star wars films on demand.

I haven't watched the originals and only watched 1 or 2 of the prequels as a kid and can barely remember what happened.

So which order should I watch them in vt?

watch them in the order they were released

I must be one of the few people around my age who watched the Star Wars films for the first time in story order.  It means I don't have the hate for the prequels because I wasn't a fanboi of the originals to begin with.

Question for anyone clued up on the terminology used in relation to land, property, building, planning etc or just someone with a big vocabulary :)

What is the word for when a building or structure lies within the surrounds, perimeter or relevancy of something else.

"By having a common wall between them, house B falls within the XXXXXXXX of house A". (note it is not confines, jurisdiction or any other word I've ever heard in any other context other than this specific example.)

I can't for the life of me remember it.

No, it sounds much more 'legal termy' than that :)

curtilage ?

Ooh, I think that might be the one alright. Thanks Tony :clap:

Before I claim my free internet I should confess I just pasted your description of "What is the word for when a building or structure lies within the surrounds, perimeter or relevancy of something else " into Google and it came up :D

No, it sounds much more 'legal termy' than that :)

curtilage ?

Ooh, I think that might be the one alright. Thanks Tony :clap:
Before I claim my free internet I should confess I just pasted your description of "What is the word for when a building or structure lies within the surrounds, perimeter or relevancy of something else " into Google and it came up :D

Genius!!!!

Haha! And yes I did search the googly before I came here but the damn thing wouldn't oblige me :)

Demise?

It's something like that. Not domain, something that sounds like mediaeval French, like 'desmaigne', but not that.

I think demesne is the word you were trying for, but it's curtilage.

• Like 2

Demise?

It's something like that. Not domain, something that sounds like mediaeval French, like 'desmaigne', but not that.
It is. And it is.
  • Like 1

Demise?

Live and learn, eh? I'm blaming the cockney builders I was working with last year ;)

Edit : although demise is also "a transfer of an estate by lease" which makes sense of it in the context I heard it in (although sadly makes me no more right in proffering it as an answer to BOF).

Edited by choffer

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â