General Chat

AVFCLaura

they don't matter that much tbh, but don't tell the kids that.

Bad results would have meant I got refunded the £110 ticket for a convention I bought on my credit card, whereas good results meant me paying for an A1 license and CBT course.

They mattered plenty.

I've been playing golf with my dad's mates the last few months. I've known them all since I was born, but I hadn't seen them for years and I've got to know them pretty well recently. One of them is a really friendly, funny bloke who's had me in stitches the last few weeks. 

Anyway, after golf yesterday, I was in the back of the car and my dad was dropping this bloke off at his new house and giving my dad directions.

Then he came out with, "And it's this next road on your left, the one with the big house on the corner. F***ing pakis that is, buying the corner house, obviously. They buy these houses and build ugly f***ing extensions on them so they can fit all their cousins in there. It's an eyesore. F***ing c**ts. Mine's the one by that van. Cheers lads, see ya later".

I was gobsmacked. I'm supposed to be playing with them again next week, but I'm not sure I'll be able to bite my tongue if he comes out with something like that again, could make it a bit awkward. My girlfriend just said to forget it, put it down to his age and laugh it off if it happens again, but I dunno.

You know the old "ladies first" gag when going through a door or whatever?

Are you allowed to say that to a gay guy? I had to bite my tongue at work today as it didn't feel right in my head.

Edited by troon_villan

Are you allowed to say that to a gay guy? I had to bite my tongue at work today as it didn't feel right in my head.

You treated him different to how you would treat any other man...homophobe!  ;)

I've been playing golf with my dad's mates the last few months. I've known them all since I was born, but I hadn't seen them for years and I've got to know them pretty well recently. One of them is a really friendly, funny bloke who's had me in stitches the last few weeks.

Anyway, after golf yesterday, I was in the back of the car and my dad was dropping this bloke off at his new house and giving my dad directions.

Then he came out with, "And it's this next road on your left, the one with the big house on the corner. F***ing pakis that is, buying the corner house, obviously. They buy these houses and build ugly f***ing extensions on them so they can fit all their cousins in there. It's an eyesore. F***ing c**ts. Mine's the one by that van. Cheers lads, see ya later".

I was gobsmacked. I'm supposed to be playing with them again next week, but I'm not sure I'll be able to bite my tongue if he comes out with something like that again, could make it a bit awkward. My girlfriend just said to forget it, put it down to his age and laugh it off if it happens again, but I dunno.

Maybe I'm a cynic but I'm more surprised that you were surprised. Isn't that normal behaviour?

Maybe I'm a cynic but I'm more surprised that you were surprised. Isn't that normal behaviour?

Perhaps, but as I posted above, I just didn't expect it from this bloke. I thought he was a down to earth, friendly chap, then he randomly spewed this nonsense. Just when I thought I'd found a lovely golf friend  :lol:

• Like 1

tell your dad his mate touched you, 'down there'

game over

• Like 1

game over

Or that he tried to sign for a four instead of a five.
  • Like 2

game over

Or that he tried to sign for a four instead of a five.

steady on mate, we're not trying to get him banned, just be a bit more discreet

• Like 1

"My wife's indian"

Usually stops them in their tracks.

• Like 1

Where else would your tongue be, other than in your head?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â