General Chat

AVFCLaura

it amazes me how many people have bought cars capable of 150mph with stiff suspension, upgraded brakes in primary colours and rumbling noisy engines.

So pretty much every BMW & Audi on the road then, save for the primary colour thing.

But yeah, I suppose if Top Gear has taught us nothing else, it is that there are still actually roads out there you can still 'drive' on when you want to.

yep, that's pretty much it

But the football season is nearly upon us and there are 10 consecutive away games for my local team to get through, which will mean plenty of random country road driving trying to find villages with 15 houses, a shop and a football pitch. All to be enjoyed like a ground hoppers mystery tour come treasure hunt before the weather is too grim, then all home games through the sleet and the ice. Then back to away games next Spring!

Ain't no reception for your sat nav to help you find Cambrian's ground.

5653.jpg

... if Top Gear has taught us nothing else, it is that there are still actually roads out there you can still 'drive' on when you want to.

I'm buying a Trabant, which will belch smoke, and a caravan which will drop caltrops.

It will be driven around the Gloucestershire/Worcestershire countryside, purely to disrupt arsewipe Clarkson's life.

:)

• Like 1

I've lost 3 lovely goldfish to predators in the last month. I've put a net over the pond and now it doesn't look anywhere near as beautiful.

I feel ridiculously guilty and upset about the deaths of those fish. They were gorgeous.

Remember those trolls?

One messaged me last night having a right go. Doesn't like that I've changed my Twitter name etc for a start, and gone on absolute lockdown.

The main points? Well, I blogged about them. This was seen by one trolls family who have disowned him, and the other is in trouble at his work because they have a strict social media policy.

Honestly? I don't give a shit that he is blaming me. I hope they learn a lesson from this.

As someone who has suffered a car ride over the Wicklow mountains, I can assure everyone that there is nothing fun about being in a car over mountains.

I used to regularly drive an artic across north west Wales. It's no fun when your knees are wobbling and you have butterflies in your gut .

Can we see the blog? :)

I've moved it to another site now, as I have hidden the blog in question. Mainly because I suffered a tonne of spam on it this morning (stupid enough to use their own names and emails) oh and - my old twitter name (not keen on posting it here as I am sure they are googling me) well, I changed it to what it is now (again, will not say it) but opened an account as the old one so I can go back to it in the past (make sense?) - anyway, the main guy followed that account last night. Tell me that isn't weird!

Changed my mind. Feel uncomfortable posting it here. 

Edited by DK82

As someone who has suffered a car ride over the Wicklow mountains, I can assure everyone that there is nothing fun about being in a car over mountains.

I used to regularly drive an artic across north west Wales. It's no fun when your knees are wobbling and you have butterflies in your gut .

My worst moment was driving over Hardknott Pass in Cumbria in a car with dodgy brakes (having disregarded the "Road closed due to ice" sign). 

• Like 2

Yes I entered my birthday and despite the fact that undoubtedly tens of millions of people share it the website found me and last night I was bundled into a van and taken to a dark conference room in which I was forced to watch various pitches from the company's R&D department in response to which I had to press either a Yes or No button and at the end fill out a rather lengthy questionnaire about buying habits.

Bay window flat roof needs replacing and we need a new two storey plastic downpipe. Been quoted £490 but this seems a bit steep to me. Anyone who knows about this sort of thing give me some advice?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â