General Chat

AVFCLaura

30 today. Bugger. Still much needed day off, going to do an extraordinary amount of **** all before a mexican with friends this evening. Place does the greatest cocktails.

Now racked up c. 15 years on this forum too, in its various forms. Fairly certain, thats about 10 years more than anticipated. Obviously there's no real reason now why one would quit forums at any age in particular, still feels a bit odd!

Anyway three cheers for VT keeping me entertained all that time / my various jobs being unchallenging :P

Happy Birthday

I just turned 29 the other day not looking forward to the big 30

I just turned 29 the other day not looking forward to the big 30

The big 30 is shit IMHO. It means you're not in your 20s anymore, and you never will be. At least when you leave your teens you still have 21 to look forward to. But now the next milestone is 40. F**king 40.

My 30th is coming up in December.

I think I'm over it now to be honest.

My 26th was the worst one for me I think. That's when I realised I wasn't 21 anymore. That was the year where I struggled with the prospect of getting old.

Plus I was fat, balding, broke, and my mom's diagnosis with breast cancer had sort of confronted me with the realisation of our mortality (she's fine now by the way).

So yeah, that was a very reflective year.

Since then everything has gotten better (except for the hair...), and I've been worried about hitting 30 for so long that I've kind of gotten over it before it's happened.

Now I'm looking forward to just having a massive party for my 30th. Age is just a number. **** it.

• Like 2

18 was a big deal for me in a sort of weird way.

I'd been drinking at a local nightspot called Fantasia for a couple of years (obviously known locally as 'the fanny'). Turning 18 actually meant I could legitimately go in there, it also meant I was probably above average age in there.

So I was a bit sad that at 18 I was probably going to have to reassess whether or not I wanted to be seen in the Fanny any more where I'd had so much fun for 2 years.

Anyway, yay! Happy Birthday Rodders.

Will this be a proper City Road Mexican, with a knife fight and a trip to pleasureline afterwards, or some posh job in the centre of town?

• Like 1

The hardest part about being in my early 30s for me is that I'm now of an age where I am highly undesirable for any professional sports teams to offer me a debut. 

Never will I play for the Villa, open the batting for England or win the Tour de France. 

All I have now is darts and crown green bowls. 

My life is over. :( 

Here's a timely article

Turning 30 is a lot like turning 20.

Except you’re no longer living off noodles, you’re not worried about how scary life will be after college and you now know 22 straight hours of playing your Playstation is a bad idea... well, you should know.

Yes, getting older can be daunting, but it certainly has its advantages.

Here are 9 of them.

You're 10 years closer to retirement than you were at 20
Next time the Monday blues are getting to you and you feel really old, just think of this.
boom.gif

People take you more serious
But of course they do, you're not a kid any more. You're not ancient either, so don't be worrying.
phew.gif

You still have 10 years until your 40
Everyone knows that's when you're really old.
makes.gif

In five years you'll be able to run for presidency (only Ireland ...)
Which is nice...
30.gif

You know yourself
Your 20s are all about finding yourself, so your 30s are about enjoying that person you've become.
So, start enjoying.
jay.gif

You probably don't have to worry about getting ID'd at bars
Which is definitely a hassle most of us could do without.
id.gif

You know how to cook at least one decent meal by now
Well, you should do anyway.
canieatid.gif

"This too shall pass" actually means something
Age gives us perspective. Thank god.
coolba.gif

You probably have your own place or are close to getting it
Which is pretty darn awesome.
You're at the age where having room mates causes more stress than it does craic.
you.gif

• Like 1

Here's a timely article

Turning 30 is a lot like turning 20.

Except you’re no longer living off noodles, you’re not worried about how scary life will be after college and you now know 22 straight hours of playing your Playstation is a bad idea... well, you should know.

**** that

rocket_zpsb7pr2ni5.png

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â